035

End Game

 

Jiwon stepped out of the building, she was dressed for work, a nice white A-line dress paired with a thick faux fur coat. She was smiling as she walked to her Mustang when someone behind her cleared his throat.

“H—Halbae,” She was stunned to see the elder, the latter was smiling as he approached her.

“Were you ever planning to come and see me? You were gone for quite some time.” He said with a playful grin.

“W—Well, I was planning to head back to work.”

“Jiwon-ah, you can take as much as days off you want.” He sighed before opening his arms to his grandchild, Jiwon smiled before hugging him.

“I’m sorry, I really was planning to call you.” She murmured, the elder kissed the side of her head before letting go.

“I know, I had a feeling that you needed some space.”

Jiwon shrugged at him.

“Then, when are we going to hear about you and a certain Tuan?”

Jiwon paused, her grandfather was smirking at her.

“Halbae! Were you spying on me?”

“I wasn’t, the certain Tuan young man was very honest about his intentions. He passed.”

Jiwon winced, the elder started to laugh.

“I’ll see you at lunch?” He asked her, Jiwon puffed her cheeks before nodding back.

“Yes.”

“Don’t come alone.” He reminded just as a black Rolls Royce pulled over behind them.

“Halbae~”

“That means you should bring him too.” He mused before walking towards his chauffeured vehicle, Jiwon shook her head and got in her car.

 

 

Jiwon flexed her neck as she stepped out of the conference room, she checked the time on her phone, she still had an hour till lunch.

She took out her phone and dialed Mark’s number.

“Hey, would you like me to come pick you up?” He said as he answered.

“No, I’ll drive there myself. I just wanted to ask if you can hide me from this lunch thing.” She asked in a dry tone as she approached the elevator. Her secretary bowed politely before leaving her side.

Mark chuckled from the other end.

“Sadly, I don’t want to leave a bad impression on your family, so, no. I can’t hide you away from this one.”

Jiwon snorted and pressed for the third floor.

“How’s your day so far? Jackson wants to meet up.” Mark said to her.

“I just got out of two meetings. I have more documents to check, and, I have an opening to attend tomorrow.” She muttered darkly, the doors opened and she walked out of the machine.

“I can go with you then.” Mark offered, Jiwon made her way towards the company’s café and ordered a cup of coffee.

“I was hoping you would, see you later.”

“Don’t overwork yourself. Take care.” Mark said before ending the call, Jiwon leaned against the counter while waiting for her drink.

“You must be Hong Jiwon, right?”

She turned towards the direction of the feminine voice, Jiwon nodded back before giving the girl a polite smile.

“Yes, I am. And..you are?” Jiwon looked at her, searching for an ID of some sorts. But she had nothing.

“I’m Jihye. Seo Jihye.”

“Ah, then, what brings you here, miss Seo?”

“I’m Mark’s ex-girlfriend.”

 

 

“What’s wrong?” Mark sighed as Songah paced back and forth from the windows to his desk, he was seated on the couch, reading some documents.

“It doesn’t feel right. It’s way too quiet.”

“What?” Mark blinked.

“It’s peaceful. And it feels wrong.” She stated.

“Are you talking about Luhan?” Mark asked her, Songah halted and she turned to her friend.

“No. Not him.”

“Then who?” Mark crossed his arms and leaned back on his seat comfortably.

“Your guest from yesterday. The one who barged in your office.” She replied, Mark paused.

“What did she want?” Songah asked as she sat down across him.

“She just wanted to talk,” Mark stated.

“You two have nothing to talk about.”

“I know, we didn’t. I left.” Mark shrugged, Songah glanced at her friend worriedly, she knew Mark was concerned about Jihye popping back in his life again.

They both knew that Jihye was trouble.

“Just don’t let her get to you again.” She said simply, Mark just nodded and set the documents down on the table.

“And don’t let her get to Jiwon. Ever. Because I will skin you alive.” She chirped before picking up a muffin from the plate of pastries served before them, Mark shook his head at her.

 

 

Jiwon stared at the girl as she shook her offered hand.

“I guess Mark never told you about me?”

“It’s more of..I never really asked.” Jiwon said carefully, the latter smiled and nodded.

“But, can I ask what brings you here?” Jiwon spoke again, her drink was served on the counter, she picked it up.

“I wanted to meet you, what else?”

She paused, her brows going up.

“Mark and I had a really bad break up, and we have things we haven’t discussed yet.” Jihye said airily, Jiwon nodded along, still unsure of the girl.

“And, I just wanted to ask you,” She leaned over, Jiwon took a small step back, not wanting her personal space to be invaded.

 

“What makes you think you’re worthy of him, Hong Jiwon?”

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++