027

End Game

 

Jiwon leaned back against the Mustang’s hood, she was looking at her phone. It had been ringing endlessly, she shook her head before switching it off and tossing it away from her. It landed on the sand with soft thud, she closed her eyes briefly, unbothered by the chilly air.

She could feel an incoming headache as she tried to make sense of what just happened.

She was really trying to understand Luhan, she wanted things to work.

Jiwon paused.

“For things to work,” She murmured.

“You sound like you’re looking for mistakes. You just want to escape him.”

“From day one, you told me you didn’t want to do it. But you said you’d give it a shot. You’d give Luhan a chance.”

“It’s true, Jiwon. You want to escape him. You’re looking for faults.”

“It’s not going to work. We will never work.” Jiwon stated before getting inside the car, she paused when she noticed a small basket on the backseat, she paused before picking it up.

She was surprised to find some assorted sweets and snacks inside.

There was also a note with Jackson’s handwriting.

These might come in handy when you’re one of your “breaks from work.” Hahahaha. Well, Tuan Yi En suggested this.

With love,

Wang Jackson<3

“Right, he always makes sense.” Jiwon murmured before opening a packet of gummy bears.

 

 

Luhan watched as Mustang sped away, Mark faced the male and buried his hands in his pockets.

“You did that.” Luhan faced him.

“No, you did that.” Mark corrected him, he was about to sidestep the male but Luhan yanked him back.

“Does that make you feel good? Getting in between an engaged couple?” Luhan questioned him.

“You made her run away again. Does that make you feel good?”

“That doesn’t justify anything, you are the third party here.” Luhan stated. Mark shook his hand off him.

“Do you know why she did that? Avoid you? Run away from you?” Mark finally spoke.

“Because you love choking her. You don’t let her breathe at all. And she hates it. But, she can’t do anything about it. Why?” Mark chuckled humorlessly.

“Because you have her parents backing, and you love using that privilege.” He pointed out, Luhan looked away.

“And that’s the only thing that held her back. But now, good thing is that she realized she doesn’t need to hold back anymore.”

“You~”

“She doesn’t need to marry you to take over their company. Jiwon does not need a man in order to be CEO.” Mark pointed out.

“You don’t know what you’re saying, you just want her.”

“Yes, I do. But I respect her. I don’t want to control her. I just want her to be her.” He said before walking out of the building.

Luhan exhaled as he watched the Mark walk back to his car.

 

 

Jiwon slid down from her car, she took out her phone and bit her lip before typing in a message.

Are you busy?

It took a few moments before his reply arrived.

No. Are you okay? It’s getting cold. –Mark

She smiled before typing in her message.

I need a place to stay.

Her phone started to ring, Jiwon exhaled before picking up.

“Where are you? I can come pick you up.” Mark said, he sounded worried.

“I didn’t mean a place here, but somewhere far.”

There was a long pause from the other line.

“I’ll repay you once I~”

“Where? You’re at the airport, huh?”

Jiwon nodded, she looked around her just as tour bus parked behind her.

The place where you’re supposedly from.” She said lightly.

Okay. I’ll arrange something. Do you need anything else?” Mark said softly.

“Tell them not to look for me. And, cover for me.” She whispered, Mark chuckled slightly.

“I know. Have fun.”

“I’m sorry, I know we still have that project thing. But don’t worry, my team already knows what to do.” She recounted.

“Don’t bother, Red. It’s fine. We’re fine.” Mark replied.

“We always are. Thanks, Tuan Yi En.”

“Anytime, Red. Come home when you’re feeling all better.”

 

 

“Well?” Songah bit her lip as she paced back and forth, JInyoung was already dizzy by just watching her.

“Nothing.” Jaebum stated as he set his phone down, he had just spoken to Jiwon’s secretary asking for the girl’s whereabouts.

“I’m worried. Mark’s secretary said it seemed big,”

“Big?” Jackson asked.

“He got in an argument with Luhan.” Songah stated, Jinyoung paused.

“Apparently, Jiwon was supposed to meet up with Mark at TGH for work. That strip mall project between LG and TGH,” Songah stated as she sat down.

“But, something must have happened. Mark cancelled the meeting and they went to visit Changgyeong Palace instead.”

“And, so?” Jaebum spoke.

“Luhan did that thing again.” Songah winced.

“What thing?”

“Have her traced.”

The room turned silent.

“Jiwon got aggravated, so she left. It was then Mark and Luhan started to argue.”

“I can already smell a scandal on the way.” Jackson nodded, Jinyoung bit his lip.

“He’s really going all in.” Jinyoung murmured.

“The competition is on then.” Songah stated.

“My money’s on Tuan.” Jackson grinned at his friends.

“Jiwon needs someone who can understand her. She likes doing things on her own, choosing for herself, but Luhan can’t give her that. Luhan loves to control.” Songah murmured quietly.

 

“Mark never treated her that way. He just wants her to be happy.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++