002

End Game

Jiwon leaned against the hood of her Mustang as she waited outside the arrivals, she glanced to her left and saw the fleet of black cars beside her.

She bit her lip, the two SUVs sandwiched her fiancé’s black Jaguar F-Type. She was dressed in a pair of white skinny jeans and a loose beige cashmere sweater with a pair of Chanel sneakers, the outfit wasn’t exactly her favorite, but her stylists had asked her to dress in a more subdued tone ever since her engagement.

She looked up as she heard the guard moving, just then a smiling face appeared from the crowd.

Jiwon couldn’t help but grin back.

Welcome back.” She said in Mandarin, the male chuckled before wrapping his arms around her briefly.

You didn’t really have to wait out here, it’s cold.” He said as he let go.

Lunch? At least we have some time before the elders attack you and me.” She chuckled, he smiled, and then his eyes landed on the car behind her.

We can take my~

Jiwon-ah, I’ll drive us.

But you just had a long flight,” She frowned, he smiled before shaking his head at her, then he waved one hand to one of the guards.

“Drive her car home. We’ll be taking the Jaguar.” He switched to Korean, the male nodded and walked towards the Mustang.

Jiwon glanced at her car again, Luhan’s brows met briefly as the Mustang passed by them.

“Come on,” He took her hand in his.

Jiwon nodded and followed him.

“Luhan,” She spoke, the male paused and faced him again.

“I mean it, I’m glad you’re in Seoul.”

Luhan just smiled and kissed the back of her hand before opening the F-Type’s door for her.

 

 

Mark exhaled as he slid down from Maserati and looked at the building before him.

Yes, I’ll be there.” He said on the phone, his grandfather was one the other line, reminding him not to miss the infamous Lotus Ball.

Joey? He’s only here for a few weeks.” He said as he closed the car’s door, he noticed as three black cars pulled over across the street, Mark’s brows rose in amusement.

“Wo buzhidao, but don’t worry. I’ll be flying home next week.” He murmured as he saw a bunch of men in dark suits rushing down from the SUV, Mark’s eyes went to the Jaguar.

As a young male slid down and went around the vehicle, he opened the front door and a lady appeared.

Yes, I’ll call you back.” Mark said before putting his phone down, he looked at the couple across the street, amused at their unnecessary security detail.

He saw how a number of passerby started to stop and stare at the young couple, Mark just shook his head before heading towards the building.

What a show.” He mused to himself before getting inside the elevator.

 

 

Jiwon picked up her fork and looked at the male across her.

“I know you’ve heard about that stupid party.” Jiwon stated before digging in, Luhan chuckled.

“It’s not stupid, it’s business.” He said lightly.

“It’s just a show, Luhan. You know that.”

He grinned at her before eating.

“We’ll be meeting some of our business partners there too, Won. It’ll be fun.” He said before taking a small sip of wine.

“For you.”

“How’s work? I heard you finally took the seat at the board.” Luhan asked conversationally.

“It’s fine, nothing really interesting.” She shifted on her seat slightly, Luhan nodded back.

“Won, you shouldn’t be to relaxed about it. Your director now, you should be checking on the subsidiaries.” Luhan told her. Jiwon just shrugged, she never really knew how to talk about work or business to him, sometimes Luhan just took things way too seriously.

“How about we go somewhere else for dessert?” He suggested, Jiwon bit her lip before answering.

“I can’t I have an appointment this afternoon.” She replied, Luhan just nodded.

“I guess, dinner at your parents’ house then?” He said with a grin, Jiwon just grinned back.

“It’s not like we have a choice.”

 

 

Jackson was checking his phone for new emails when he heard a nice pleasant purring of an engine, he looked up and his eyes widened.

His staff and mechanics even stopped moving, the Ford Mustang pulled to a full stop at the empty slot inside the building.

“Who’s that? One of our clients? A new purchase?” He heard his secretary speak, then the door opened, Jackson almost dropped his phone as a young lady slid down from the car.

She had a familiar business card on her hand as she looked around her, Jackson walked towards her.

“Are you looking for something?” He asked her, the lady faced him and she smiled. And Wang Jackson fell in love.

“No, not really. But someone recommended that I visit this place and have my car checked,” She said politely. Jackson nodded, his eyes went to the vehicle beside them.

“Is this yours?”

“It’s a gift from my grandfather, it was his.” She said sheepishly.

“You don’t have to be shy about it, this is amazing.” Jackson smiled before going around the vehicle.

“I just want to have it checked, possibly a tune up or something.” She buried her hands in her pockets.

A perfect girl with the perfect car.” Jackson smiled to himself, Jiwon blinked, amused.

Joey didn’t mention you spoke English.

Jackson balked and faced her, his cheeks turned pink.

I’ll leave this under your car then, mister..?” She walked towards him, her hand raised.

Just Jackson.

“It’s Jiwon. Hong Jiwon.” She said as Jackson took her hand.

I guess you’ll be my regular then?” Jackson asked as the girl walked towards the exit.

Only if you wont tell my father,” She chuckled before tossing the car key to him.

Then she slid inside the waiting cab outside of the shop, Jackson was still grinning to himself just as Mark’s Maserati pulled over in front of the shop.

I met an angel!” Jackson announced, Mark just blinked at him, but he glanced at the car appreciatively.

This one?” Mark pointed towards the Mustang before checking its interior.

No, the owner. Our lovely Jiwon!” He sang as he hopped back to his office.

 

 

Mark just shook his head and followed his friend.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++