014

End Game

 

“This is still so weird.” Jiwon said as they stepped in the conference hall, her secretary was still a little confused as to how the two executives were already chummy with each other.

“You’re not going to refer to me as “work” from now on, right?” Mark asked, Jiwon threw him a look before taking a seat.

Mark chuckled before sitting down.

“Representatives from TGH will be arriving soon.” Mark stated as he leaned back on his seat.

“Would you like anything to drink, sir?” Jiwon’s secretary asked.

“Just water will do, thanks.” Mark smiled, the girl blushed before heading off.

Jiwon grinned.

“Have you seen the report?” Mark spoke.

“I’ve been reading it the past few days, I think visiting the actual site wouldn’t hurt. I’m not really familiar with that area.” Jiwon spoke as she picked up the folder between them, then the doors opened.

“Oh, director, we didn’t know you were already here.” The three directors from LG’s side walked in.

“We’re sorry to have kept you wait~”

“No, it’s fine.” Jiwon stood up, Mark followed suit.

“This is vice president Tuan from TGH.” Jiwon said, the directors greeted Mark politely.

“You two must already be acquainted?” One director spoke, Jiwon chuckled.

“Kind of, we go way back.” Mark nodded conspiringly before throwing Jiwon a wink.

“A child. I’m working with a child.” Jiwon muttered to herself.

 

 

Songah was smiling as she set the paper down.

“You’re happy.” Jaebum said skeptically.

“Look at that.” She pointed towards the newspaper, Jaebum followed her gaze and his brows rose.

“LG and TGH?”

“Jiwonnie and Mark.” Songah mused.

“Ya, playing cupid’s not right. Jiwon’s taken.”

“Says who?” Songah rolled her eyes.

“How will Luhan feel about this? I thought you two were friends.” Jaebum said before walking back to his desk.

“I..I’m worried for Jiwon.”

Jaebum paused and looked t the girl.

“I feel like she’s just been..forcing herself to actually like him.”

“Song~”

“No, you don’t get it. When she..We’ve been talking for the past few months, sometimes it feels like she’s trapped. She’s stuck in this arranged marriage thing.”

“And you arranging her with Mark is no different?” Jaebum replied.

“Of course it is, I didn’t arrange for them to “click” right away.” She pointed out, Jaebum shook his head.

“Besides, Mark Tuan needs someone like her, be it a friend or something else.”

Jaebum shrugged.

“He needs to learn that not all women are like her. She who must not be named.”

“Let’s not talk about her.” Jaebum stated, Songah puffed her cheeks and just picked up the paper again.

“I hope she gets hit by a plane or something.” She said to herself.

 

 

“I hope everything will go well in the future. Thank you for taking time to meet us.” Director Min from TGH said as they stepped out of the elevator.

“It’s nothing. My grandfather was really adamant that I take care of this project.” Jiwon said as they crossed the lobby.

“Then, we’ll have someone from our legal team to contact yours regarding the contract.”

Jiwon nodded and let the other directors take over, she took out her phone and checked her messages.

“I finally get to see you in final form.” She said to Mark as he reached them.

“CEO Mark.” She teased.

“Is it really required to wear suits?” He asked her.

Kinda, anyway, thanks for being…TGH’s CEO..? I have to head up now. See you.” She was about to turn away, but Mark grabbed her wrist.

Jiwon paused and looked at him.

You forgot one thing.

“Huh?

Brunch.

 

 

“This wont get you in trouble, right?” Mark asked as they walked towards the café.

“I doubt. You’ve become my strongest alibi now.” Jiwon said as she glanced around.

“Alibi?”

“Even if I’m seen with you in public, rumors may start. But, we have that partnership thing. So, people wont talk about it. We’re just business partners out for a meal.”

“Wow, years and years of experience, huh?” Mark said with a smile, he glanced behind them, he gently steered Jiwon to the other side of the sidewalk as a biker passed by.

I’m an only child, I had to be creative.” She shrugged at him.

How about you? How’s work?

“Weird. It feels weird. I haven’t been in an office in a while.” Mark pointed towards the café, Jiwon nodded.

“Why?” She asked as they climbed the steps.

“I quit my job~”

“No, I know you quit your job before, but why? Why’d you leave your position?” She faced him, Mark paused, his brows meeting briefly. Jiwon noticed this, so she shook her head.

“Hmm, touchy?” She asked him, Mark blinked.

You can tell me some other time. I’m glad you’re back in the business world though. Just don’t drag me around for brunch everyday, okay?” She said playfully before punching his arm.

Mark just watched as the girl went in the shop and requested for a table.

Mark’s forehead creased.

Tuan Yi En?” Jiwon was calling for him, Mark looked up, she was smiling at him as she mouthed,

You’re paying.

Mark returned her smile as he followed her, Jiwon even pulled the chair for him.

“Nice.” Mark mused.

I was raised well, Tuan Yi En.

“But, really, asking me to pay on our first brunch? Shouldn’t we split the bill?” Mark grinned at her.

“This was your idea. You’re paying.” Jiwon chuckled before picking up the menu. Mark looked up from his menu and watched as the girl before him browsed through the lists, he bit his lip before looking away.

 

 

 

Song was right. You are dangerous, Red.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++