036

End Game

 

Mark stepped in the private hall and was surprised to find out that Jiwon wasn’t around yet.

“Mark, young man! Come join us.” The elder Hong stood up and ushered him over, Mark grew a little flustered before shaking the man’s hand.

“We meet again,” Mr. Hong smiled at him, then he turned to his wife.

“Yeobo, this is Mark.” He spoke again, Mark smiled before giving the lady a polite bow.

“I thought my daughter would be going with you, where is she?” She asked him warmly.

“Jiwon said she’d drive here herself, I called her earlier.” Mark replied, then he took out his phone. Jiwon wasn’t picking up any of his calls.

“Aigoo, there she goes again. Swallowed up by work.” Grandpa Hong shook his head.

Mark leaned back on the chair, his forehead furrowed. Something didn’t feel right.

Then his phone pinged, he opened the text and felt relief wash over him.

I’m on my way. Loosen up, my mom doesn’t bite. -Red

“Jiwon’s on his way, Mr. Hong.” Mark spoke with a small smile.

“Good, that means she didn’t forget.” Mrs. Hong chuckled.

 

 

“What makes you think you’re worthy of him, Hong Jiwon?”

Jiwon chuckled and set her coffee down, the girl before her was staring her down and it amused her.

“I always thought that things like you only exist in movies or those cheesy dramas.” Jiwon bit her lip before meeting her gaze.

“What~”

“I don’t really have time for this, so,” Jiwon glanced behind her, she saw her secretary rushing to her with her coat and purse.

“So, you really think you already won? I’m his first love.” Jihye challenged.

“Yeah, you’re probably the girl who left because he refused to take his seat as TGH’s CEO. But who am I to judge?” Jiwon chuckled dryly, the girl before her paused.

“So, don’t bother me. If you really want to know, ask Mark. He has more patience than I do.”

“You must really trust him a lot, huh? Mark and I have history, Hong Jiwon.” Jihye tried to block her path.

“Exactly, history. Because that’s all in the past.” Jiwon smirked at her.

“Oh, and please, get out of my building.” Jiwon stated before turning away from her, Jihye’s fists curled as she watched the girl march to the elevator with her secretary trailing behind her.

 

 

Jiwon sat down beside Mark, she rolled her eyes at her father before picking up her wine.

“Where were you? How could you make Mark wait?” Mrs. Hong chided.

“I got caught up in traffic, eomma.”

“So, did they grill you yet?” She asked Mark playfully, he grinned at her.

“Your mother was just telling me how you and Songah used to cause a lot of trouble when you were younger.”

Jiwon chuckled before picking up her fork, her brows met briefly before looking up to meet her grandfather’s gaze.

“What is it now, halbae? He’s already here.” She whined, Mark laughed.

“Ani, well, before when we had these type of lunches, you would usually be so quiet and still.”

Jiwon flinched, Mark grew amused.

“Abeoji,” Mr. Hong sighed, he knew well where this talk was going.

“Well, Jiwon was arranged to marry this controlling Chinese boy, poor grandchild had to~”

“Okay, okay, I get it. Thanks for helping me out, Mr. Hong.” Jiwon groaned.

“I take that you didn’t like Luhan that much, haraboji?” Mark smiled.

“Is is that obvious?” He grinned back at the young Tuan. Jiwon snorted at the two. Mr. Hong glanced at his daughter as she squabbled with her grandfather again, she was laughing as Mark helped her slice the steak on her plate.

“It’s nice hearing that again,” His wife whispered to him.

“Hmm?”

“Our daughter laughing. It’s nice to hear it again.”

 

 

“You gonna tell me why you were late?”

Jiwon halted, they were walking towards her car, she turned and looked at Mark.

“I told you traffic~”

“When I couldn’t reach you, I called your secretary, I was worried something happened.”

Jiwon bit her lip, Mark exhaled before walking towards her.

“She told me some lady went to see you at the company, and you looked bothered after talking to her.”

Mark, I~”

Was it Jihye?” Mark asked her, Jiwon puffed her cheeks.

“Red, I’m sorry. I already told her that we had nothing to talk about, I didn’t expect that she’d go to see~”

“I know it’s not your fault, Tuan Yi En.” She stated, Mark paused.

“What did she say?” He asked instead.

What makes you think you’re worthy of him, Hong Jiwon?” She repeated, Mark’s jaw clenched and unclenched.

“I think she’s back because you finally stepped up as CEO or whatever you are now.” She nodded at him.

“You think?” Mark was amused at her reply.

Look, you can deal with it whatever way you want to, I mean, I don’t really want to be involved with her.

Red, my ex literally paid you a visit and threatened you, and you’re shrugging it off? Why are you not mad at me?” Mark sighed, Jiwon chuckled.

Because I kind on insulted her too, besides, I have a feeling Songah will yell at you for it.” She chuckled, Mark winced.

Right, we’re friends with her.

Jiwon smiled before wrapping her arms around his neck.

Just chill, things don’t easily get to me, Mark. I’m kind of cool like that.

 

I know, sometimes I wonder why you let me date you.” Mark mused before kissing her cheek.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++