022

End Game

 

 

Jiwon’s fingers curled over the car key and the soft carrot plushie keychain it came with.

“Won,”

She looked at Luhan.

“How did you know I was here?” She asked, she noticed how Luhan paused.

“Your secretary mentioned you’d be in Myeongdong.”

Jiwon nodded.

“Then, shall we go? I can drop you off.” Luhan offered.

“Do..you do that often? Ask my secretary where I am?”

Luhan paused before answering.

“I was worried when you left the office earlier, I just wanted to check on you, Won.” He said softly.

Jiwon shook her head.

“I’m sorry, I just really need some air.” She nodded.

“I know.” Luhan smiled before taking her hand in his.

“Shall we go?” He asked her, Jiwon slowly shook her head.

“Like I said, I need some air.” She said politely before raising the car key in her other hand, Luhan paused, his jaw tightened for a second.

“Anyway, we still have that party to attend tomorrow.” She spoke again, she was about to turn away when Luhan took hold of her wrist.

Jiwon faced him again, her brows rose.

“Jiwon-ah,”

Luhan hesitated, she could see how his forehead creased as he tried to speak again.

“What is it?”

“When..the time comes, will you give me a chance?”

“Huh?”

Luhan gave her a small smile and let go of her hand.

“To be someone you can depend on.”

 

 

Jiwon set the car key on the coffee table, her lips quirked up briefly.

“What’s this? A smile?”

She looked around and found Songah in her living room.

“Hi,” Jiwon grinned at her before plopping beside her friend.

“I saw the news, how are you?” She asked worriedly.

“Well, surprisingly, I got yelled at.” Jiwon said sarcastically, Songah frowned.

“Don’t worry, it wasn’t that bad. I walked out.”

“Really?”

“I just hate the fact that..I have to put up with all that. I kind of hate explaining myself.” Jiwon murmured as she shook off her heels.

“So, what happens now, Jiwon? You have to work with Mark, what did they say?”

“They can’t exactly cancel a business deal just because of a rumor,” She shrugged.

“Mark said it was okay and that didn’t get him into any issue or whatever.” Jiwon added, Songah paused.

“What? You two spoke already?”

“Kind of, I was just out with him. He even lent me his car. Want anything to drink?” Jiwon said as she stood up.

“His car? Again? Wow.” Songah was grinning to herself as she followed the girl to the kitchen.

“Well, after I bolted out of my father’s office I left my car at home and decided to roam around instead.” She replied as she poured some juice for the girl.

“And the first person that came into mind was Mark?” Songah chuckled.

“Yeah, kind of.” Jiwon shrugged before heading to her room to change.

Songah smiled to herself before taking a sip of her juice.

“I didn’t expect this, you usually don’t get friendly with new people.” She called out, Jiwon reappeared now clad in a pair of sweats and a loose shirt.

“Well, most guys don’t usually lend you their Bentleys.” Jiwon mused before heading back to the living room.

“Right, he’s probably gonna be your escape route from Luhan too, if you let him be.”

 

 

“What exactly are you trying to do?” Jaebum asked as he twirled his drunk around.

Mark leaned against the bar, his nose scrunched briefly.

“Jiwon’s not some chess piece, hyung. Stop playing around.”

“I’m not.” Mark spoke.

Jaebum paused.

“I’m not playing around.” He said with finality.

“Then what are you doing? You’re always around her.”

Mark remained silent.

“You might get hurt because of this, you know she’s obligated to choose Luhan.” Jaebum said quietly.

“Hyung,” Jaebum sighed.

“She doesn’t want to.”

“What?”

“She doesn’t want to choose him, why make her?” Mark said before taking a sip from his drink.

“If she doesn’t~”

“If she doesn’t, then I’ll make her choose me instead.” Mark spoke.

Jaebum halted.

“Ya, you~”

“Luhan, he will just use her as a chess piece. Nothing but for business. He doesn’t deserve her.”

Mark turned to face his friend.

“I want her, Jaebum-ah.”

 

 

Jiwon was leaning against the Bentley’s hood as she waited in front of TGH’s front doors.

She has her arms crossed, her brows were furrowed together as she stared at the sliding doors before her.

“When..the time comes, will you give me a chance?”

“Huh?”

“To be someone you can depend on.”

She puffed her cheeks and bit her lip.

“Should I be touched?”

Jiwon didn’t react, Mark paused, he had his hands in his pockets as he reached the girl. Some of the employees were watching as their boss approached the girl who was involved in a scandal with him.

“You didn’t really have to wait out here, Red.”

Mark blinked, then he gently touched her arm, Jiwon shook her head and her eyes focused on him.

Hi,” Mark mused.

Jiwon bit her lip before handing the key to him.

Thanks.

Did you get home okay?” Mark asked her.

I did. Got ambushed by Songah as soon as I arrived.” She shrugged, Mark chuckled.

“Why are you waiting out here? You’re always welcome to go in.”

Jiwon paused, Mark’s brows rose up briefly.

“Is this about the~”

“No, it’s not that Mark.” She said quickly.

I just think it’s better…I just don’t want things to be messy. I mean, we’re good friends, and I don’t want that to be affected with the..bad things that love to follow me.

Red, I’m not getting you.” Mark was confused.

It’s better if people don’t see us spending so much time together alone.” She explained, Mark’s lips quirked up.

You’re worried about that? Being followed? And..the talk?

I’d rather not have you involved in all this.

So, what do you want to do? Stop hanging out?” Mark spoke again, Jiwon paused.

M—Mark, I just~

Mark shook his head at her.

“Don’t you have a party to be at?” He said, he gestured to the faux fur coat she was wearing, the tips of her patent heels reflected the afternoon light.

“I’ll see you there, right?” She asked carefully.

“Did Luhan tell you to stop seeing me?” Mark replied.

Jiwon shook her head.

“No, he~”

“The answer should be somewhere in the lines of that he doesn’t decide who you see or not.”

Jiwon bit her lip, but Mark smiled.

 

 

“I’ll be there then.” He said before leaning over to kiss the side of her head and walking back to the building.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++