010

End Game

 

Jiwon fixed her hair as she entered the dining hall, she found Luhan chatting with her grandmother while her grandfather was eyeing his plate.

“Halbae, halmae.” She said with a smile as she entered the room, Luhan stood up.

“Where were you? Luhan has been waiting.” Her halmae chided her.

“I was running some errands and I met a friend.” She chuckled before taking her seat beside her grandfather.

“We were all waiting for her.” He pointed out, Jiwon grinned at him before blowing the elder a kiss.

“That’s not going to work now.” He rolled his eyes at her.

“Your friends? I’m sure they’re happy to hear that you’re getting married.” Mrs. Hong spoke.

“Well, yes.”

“They’re probably wondering why it’s happening so fast.” Mr. Hong nodded to himself, his wife sent him a look.

“Halbae, don’t be like that.” Jiwon grinned at Luhan.

“How’s the food?” She asked him.

“You can’t eat spice food, right?” She frowned at him, but Luhan shook his head.

“It’s good, I can handle it.” He said to her before tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear, Mr. Hong just snorted before eating again.

Jiwon just shook her head before asking the server to pour more water for Luhan.

“You and Mark got talking?” He spoke, Jiwon nodded.

“It has been a while for us.” Jiwon said before picking up her utensils.

Luhan just nodded back at her before eating.

 

 

“Well?” Jackson asked as he leaned against the Mustang’s hood, Mark was seated on the driver’s seat, starting the car and revving up the engine.

It’s going along well.” Mark nodded before returning the key back to him.

Mark walked over to the couch and sat down.

So it is true.” Jackson mused as he walked to his friend.

Don’t start.” Mark replied before leaning back on the couch, Jackson snorted.

Your grandfather wants you to come back.

Mark’s forehead creased as he crossed his arms.

It can’t be that bad, Mark. You used to work for your family.

Mark remained quiet. Jackson bit his lip, then he started to grin.

What if you got to work with Red then? Won’t it be fun?

Mark ignored him, Jackson glanced at the Mustang briefly.

I mean, she is part of the world that you hate, it wont be that bad then. Go hang out with her.

“What are you saying?” Mark switched to Korean and opened his eyes.

“Nothing, I just think she’s a good friend to you even though you might be bad influence to her.” He chuckled, Mark ignored him and stood up, he picked up his helmet and walked towards his Ducati.

You’re interested, huh?” Jackson asked in Mandarin, Mark paused and glanced at him.

I’m not that crazy.

Why? Because liking her will just drag you back to society?” Jackson chuckled.

That and, she’s engaged.” Mark stated before putting his helmet on. Jackson watched as the Ducati sped away from the shop.

But you were the one who said that she was just engaged, not married yet.” He said as he took out his phone and looked at the photos of her and Jiwon from the other day.

I guess he hasn’t seen it yet. Don’t want to deal with an annoyed Mark Tuan.” He shrugged to himself.

 

 

Luhan loosened his tie as he walked in his office, his secretary trailed behind him.

“Can you move the meeting this afternoon? I might be needed at Changsha this weekend.” He said as he took his seat.

“Yes, about the contract with JLK Financial, sir.” The male said as he set the folder on his desk.

“I’ll review it this afternoon,” Luhan paused, his secretary fidgeted.

“Is something wrong?”

The male took out his phone and pushed it towards his boss. Luhan picked up the device and he froze.

“This is Jiwon.” He grew confused, the male’s face beside her had been blurred.

“I don’t get this, she could be with a friend. I don’t understand why they make a big deal out of it.”

“The male beside her is Mark, sir. Mark Tuan.”

Luhan looked at him, his brows rose.

“Tuan?”

“He was born in Taiwan; he was never classmates with miss Hong. And he’s the current director of TGH.”

“So, he didn’t study here?” Luhan asked.

“He went to college here, he just recently met miss Hong through some common friends.”

Luhan exhaled and leaned back on his seat.

“Tuan Group Holdings, right?”

“Yes, sir. They’re based in Singapore.”

“I know, I’ve heard of them.” Luhan’s eyes went to the photos again, he picked up his coat and stood up.

“You know what to do with that article.” He stated before leaving the office.

 

 

Mark chewed on his lower lip as he stared at his reflection, he was wearing a navy blue three-piece suit.

“Stop fidgeting.” Songah said as she pulled him into café.

“I just don’t think this is a good idea.” Mark muttered as he followed her.

“Mark, we can’t run away from our families forever. You are a Tuan, you will always be part of Tuan Group.” Songah said as she sat down, Mark took the seat across hers.

“What happened before wont happen again. That person’s gone now.”

“That’s not what I’m worried about.” Mark replied evenly.

“Then, what?”

“It’s suffocating, working with my family.”

“Mark, they haven’t touched you ever since you got here.”

Mark just shrugged, then his phone pinged. Songah grinned before swiping it away from him then she balked.

What is it?” Mark set the menu down and he blinked.

There was a photo of her and Jiwon taken at the supermarket from the other day, but his face was blurred.

“It makes Jiwon look like some idol celebrity or something.” Songah shook her head.

Mark’s eyes went to the headline and he winced.

 

LG Group’s young director seen with rich Singaporean boyfriend!

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++