030

End Game

 

“My feet are actually crying in protest.” Jiwon commented, Mark chuckled.

“This mall is crazy. I wanna go home.” She groaned, the two were at The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands, Mark had insisted that Jiwon try splurging to relax herself.

“Still, I feel like I shouldn’t let you do this.” Jiwon murmured as she looked at the black credit card on her hand. The gold TGH logo glittered against the sunlight, Jiwon grimaced again.

Mark had literally forced it on her ever since she arrived in the country.

“You can’t not let me. Like I said, I can handle high maintenance.” Mark hummed.

Just stop that, I get it. You’re rich. Duh.

Mark laughed and shook his head before wrapping one arm around her neck.

“I’m just happy that you’re here, Red. I get to show you around.”

“I’m being serious; I think I’ve overstayed the Tuan hospitality.” She said as they reached the doors, Mark shook his head at her, his lips quirked up as his Range Rover Evoque arrived before them.

“Then, I’ve overstayed the Hong hospitality too.”

She paused and stared at him, Mark chuckled and opened the door for her.

“Your grandfather found out that I hid you here, now your parents know too. Luckily, they didn’t skin me alive.”

“What?” She balked, Mark grew amused at how she switched to Korean quickly.

“I can explain.” Mark said before gesturing for her to get in the car.

“You better.” She muttered as she climbed in the vehicle.

 

 

“What did we tell you?” Lay sighed, Luhan was seated on his desk, his eyebrows knitted together.

“How…How did this happen?” Chen asked.

“It’s because of that idiot. He dared to meddle~”

“No. This is all on you, ge.” Lay interfered. Chen looked away.

“We rooted for you, we wanted you to be happy. But, but, you,”

“You kept on wanting more from her, you didn’t give her space. Jiwon…Jiwon’s not some object, ge. She’s not some thing you can keep in your pocket.”

Luhan looked away.

“You placed trackers on her car, and now you’re blaming Mark? You were choking her.”

“I only wanted what’s best for her. I only wanted her to be safe.” Luhan replied.

“I love her.” He exhaled.

“Maybe you did. And she gave you a chance, but you blew it off.”

“I can’t let this happen. She was mine first.” Luhan stated.

“She was never yours. She was just tied to you. And I think it’s time you accept that, ge.”

 

 

“How did he find out?”

Mark glanced at her before speaking.

“Apparently, his secretary saw you at the airport. He immediately reported to your halbae.”

Jiwon puffed her cheeks and shook her head, Mark smiled as he stepped on the gas.

“But, he asked him not to tell your parents. He said he knew you needed the time off from work.”

“I’m lucky he’s on my side then. What would I do without haraboji?” She murmured to herself, Mark grinned before bumping fists with her.

“Where are we going?” She looked at the windows.

“I have some things to get at my office, is it okay?” Mark asked her.

“No problem.” Jiwon nodded, her brows met briefly before glancing at Mark again.

“What is it? You know you can always spit it out.” Mark chuckled.

“Your hair… Why..”

Mark paused briefly, he was about to speak when Jiwon sat up, her eyes looking at the building before them with interest.

“TGH’s main office?” She was excited, Mark shook his head.

“Whoa, you must miss work so much. You’re happy seeing other people’s workplace.” He snorted as he stopped at the curb.

“I’ve been going to resorts, malls, gardens, parks and even casinos. I miss work.”

“Blech.” Mark shuddered before going down from the car, he opened the door for Jiwon and she hopped down.

People stopped and watched as the lady walked with their boss towards the doors. They all started to murmur while opening the recent article about the Tuan heir on the internet.

It’s true then. She’s here.

It’s her. The LG heiress!

Mark tugged on the sleeve of her blouse and gestured for her to move towards the glass doors.

Jie!” Joey grinned as he saw them.

Wow, you show up now. I’ve been here for almost a week now, and I was so bored. Why didn’t you drop by?” Jiwon chided.

Gege said not to bother you and just to let you enjoy. Did you like the car? I drove it myself before it was delivered to you.” The younger Tuan said proudly. Mark followed the two with an amused smile, employees were starting at Jiwon and she didn’t seem to notice.

I love it. Thanks.” Jiwon hooked her arm with his.

You can go now; I have a new tour guide.” She winked at Mark.

“Heol, how easily she replaces me.” Mark laughed.

Anyway, give her a tour around the company. I’ll be in my office.” He spoke to Joey, the younger male nodded.

I wont take long. Ask Joey to treat you some ice cream.” Mark scrunched his nose at her before squeezing her hand.

Okay, go. Work.” Jiwon mused.

You better still be here when I get back.

Now he’s being bossy because it’s his territory, what a show off.” Jiwon shook her head, Mark chuckled before walking to the elevator. Joey smiled to himself before leading the girl to the escalator.

“Jie, the cafeteria is on the second floor.”

 

 

How is it, jie? Good?

Jiwon nodded before getting another spoonful of her mango ice cream.

It feels refreshing, but, why are you here? You finally started to work?

Sort of, I was actually accompanying ma for some shopping. She went home to get some rest.” Joey replied, Jiwon looked around them, the change of scenery really did help her.

You know, huh, jie?

She faced Joey again.

What? That you’re not really Singaporean?” She mused.

No, about my brother.

What about Mark?” She set her cup down, Joey grinned before speaking again.

He likes you, jie.” Joey rolled his eyes at her, Jiwon paused, she put her spoon down. Joey stilled, his eyes widened.

Or..you didn’t know. Crap.” He muttered.

Joey…I~

Jie, I didn’t mean to~

I need to freshen up. I’ll be back.” She said quickly, she picked up her purse and headed for the ladies’ room.

He is so going to run me over with that red Mustang.” Joey mumbled to himself.

Jiwon stepped inside the restroom, she set her purse down and looked at her reflection.

“Songah, that brat.” She sighed before running her fingers through her hair, she paused.

“That red hair…It’s just~” She exhaled and shook her head again.

Jiwon looked around her, then she bit her lip.

“This is not it. This isn’t right. Hiding from this wont do.” She said to herself as she stepped out of the restroom, she started to dig into to the contents of her pause when she accidentally hit someone.

I’m sorry, I was~” She looked up, a middle-aged couple was staring back at her. Joey was looking at her from behind them with shock.

I believe we’ve been doing business together, miss.” The man spoke to her, Jiwon bit her lip before nodding.

Jiwon, right? Red?

Jiwon halted, she looked at the couple again, then she saw Joey behind them.

It’s true then, it’s Jiwon.” The lady spoke before stepping forward to shake her hand, it was only then where Jiwon noticed the guards surrounding the couple.

Jie, this is ma and pa.” Joey said lowly.

Jiwon put a smile on her face before greeting them.

 

“It—It’s nice to finally meet you, Mister and Mrs. Tuan.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++