020

End Game

 

Jiwon shifted on her seat uncomfortably as her parents sat across her, Luhan was beside her, occasionally taking her hand in his and giving it a squeeze.

“So, you went to hang out with the Tuan executive?” Her father asked.

“Yes, we already knew each other before finding out about the project, and I didn’t know he was a Tuan.”

“Is this true, Luhan?” Mr. Hong asked, Jiwon grew appalled.

“Yes, Won met him at some car shop downtown.” Luhan spoke.

Jiwon felt her mother’s gaze on her.

“It’s really nothing, abeoji. He’s a friend. And I didn’t see anything bad with going out to lunch with him.”

“And that afternoon drive didn’t bother you?” Her father replied, his voice even.

“We were heading to the site.”

“I didn’t know we were building a strip mall at Haeundae beach.” Her father replied dryly.

Jiwon’s fists curled on her lap and she flinched away when Luhan tried to reach for her.

“You know what, appa?” She said as she stood up.

“Jiwon-ah,” Her mother said worriedly.

“I just went out with him for lunch because of business, his grandfather was also there. Then we decided to head to Busan also for work. Why am I getting questioned for this? Is there a law that states that I cannot hang out with my friends anymore?” She shot back.

“You’re an engaged woman, Hong Jiwon!” He yelled. Luhan looked away and bit his lower lip.

“Just engaged. Not married.” Jiwon snapped back before leaving the room.

 

 

Mark smirked as he leaned back on his seat, his father had called him earlier about the scandal.

And it seems to not bother the Tuan elder, in fact he was happy that his son was getting along with their business partner.

“What are you trying..to say, vice president?” His secretary asked.

“I want to know who sent those photos.”

“You..dont want to know who took them first, sir?”

“I have a feeling I know who took them, I just want to be sure who the sender is.”

“Yes?” The male looked confused.

Mark crossed his arms before swiveling the chair around to face the windows behind him. His jaw tightened briefly.

“I think it’s not a move to hurt Jiwon despite the article talking about her cheating on another man.”

“It..does sound like that, sir. Her engagement to the Xi Holdings director has been known for quite some time now.”

Mark nodded.

“If that article was meant to target her, then why does it mention how I just got back to my position? It even pointed out my car accident from last year.” Mark stated, his secretary paused and bit his lip.

“I’m the target. That article wants to dirty my name.” Mark stood up from his seat.

“You sound like you already have an idea who took those photos, sir.”

Mark chuckled before picking up his coat and putting it on.

“I’m going to play his game then.” He mused before leaving his office.

 

 

“I don’t think we should be celebrating about this, I can’t even reach him.” Jinyoung stated as he sat down on the couch.

“Didn’t you say he just bolted off?” Jackson asked.

“He probably went out to find her.” Songah cheered, Jaebum shook his head.

“But, Mark hyung said something.” Jinyoung said, his forehead creased.

“About what?”

“Luhan has been running all these kind of background checks on him,”

“What?” Songah balked, she plopped down.

“And we all know how he hates it when people poke around him.”

“Wait, checks? He did it more than once?” Jaebum asked.

“Luhan knew Mark was the alleged “rich Singaporean boyfriend”.”

“Oh my god,” Songah blinked.

“So, what now? Luhan is trying to scare him off or something?” Jackson chirped.

“Do you think the Mark Tuan will actually be scared off?” Jinyoung recounted.

“Why would Luhan do that? Does he see Mark as competition or something?” Jinyoung shook his head.

“Have you seen how he looks at Red?” Jackson rolled his eyes.

“This is going to be messy.” Jaebum said to himself.

Songah was already smiling.

“Do you think she’ll let him in?” Jinyoung asked.

“Jiwon? We can never predict her, but Mark,” Songah stood up and looked at Jiwon’s Mustang parked inside the shop.

“Mark may see this as a game, I bet he’s trying to anger Luhan to get back at him snooping around. I think he’s going to do just that.” She recounted before smiling.

“But, while doing that, he’ll end up wanting another thing, in this case, a person.“ She chuckled.

“She sounds so evil but it does seem accurate.” Jinyoung muttered.

“It will be a tug of war then. Xi Holdings or Tuan Group.” Songah faced her friends again.

“And I’m placing my money on my best friend, Mark Tuan.” She finished.

 

 

Jiwon shut the car’s door closed, she let out a shaky breath before placing her palms on the steering wheel.

She bit her lip before starting the engine and driving out of the building’s basement.

Jiwon exhaled as she reached the main road, her eyes trailed over to the ring on her finger, she chewed on the inside of her cheek before taking it off and tossing it on the backseat.

Then her phone started to ring, she exhaled before pressing the button on the steering wheel.

“I will not be attending my meeting this afternoon, just move it~”

I’m kind of not your secretary.

The voice made her pause.

Are you okay?

Jiwon bit her lip and exhaled.

How bad?” Mark asked softly.

I was asked if we were building the strip mall at Haeundae beach.” She replied, she could hear Mark chuckle quietly.

You want to?

Jiwon smiled and stepped on the gas pedal.

About earlier, I—I’m sorry, I just thought it would be better if he doesn’t see you. You know, it may cause more trouble.” Jiwon said carefully.

Why do I feel like an affair?” Mark teased slightly, Jiwon snorted.

“I feel like my head is about to explode.” She said as she reached a familiar road.

Did I get you in trouble? Again?

Jiwon chuckled.

I’m kind of okay with that. Can I call you back later?

Sure, take care. I’ll see you at the meeting.

Jiwon ended the call as she arrived at Songah’s condominium building. She slid down from the car, she was about to head for the building when she paused.

She took out her phone and dialed.

 

“Red?”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++