024

End Game

 

Jiwon ran one hand through her hair as she sat down, she was at twenty four-hour diner just a few blocks away from her home.

It was all too much for her, Luhan was the one who had those rumors and articles released. Judging by the photos, he probably also had people following her every move.

She wrapped her arms around herself. Soon, the waiter came with her burger and fries, she exhaled before eating.

“I was given the task to find you.”

She paused and looked up, Jaebum was standing by her booth, she sighed and gestured for him to sit.

“Don’t worry, I didn’t tell anyone.” He said as he plopped down.

“Well?” Jaebum said carefully.

“He’s had people follow me, Jaebum. He made false rumors about me.” She stated.

“So, because of that you’re going to block him out?” He asked.

“Did you not hear what I just said?” She blinked at him.

“You sound like you’re looking for mistakes. You just want to escape him.”

Jiwon bit her lip and set her burger down.

“From day one, you told me you didn’t want to do it. But you said you’d give it a shot. You’d give Luhan a chance.”

“I~”

“It’s true, Jiwon. You want to escape him. You’re looking for faults.”

“Do you think I can just let this pass? He created scandals about me, Im Jaebum.” She reasoned.

“Because it was a competition.” Jarbum stated.

“What?”

The male before exhaled.

“They’re competing for you.”

Jiwon paused, her brows went up. She grew confused.

“Competing? What are you talking about?” She sighed, Jaebum shook his head and gestured for her to eat.

“Just finish your food. I’ll drive you home.”

 

 

Mark loosened his tie as he got in his room, he tossed his jacket away before walking to the bathroom.

He let the water flow from the faucet and looked at his reflection.

“Can’t you back off?”

“I mean it, stay away from her. You’re just using that project with LG just to~”

“Like I said, stay away from her

Mark bit his lip before running his fingers through his dark locks.

“It’s not a game anymore. I don’t think it is.”

You keep on tempting me about that, will you help me out when I really get kicked me out?”

“I think I have a spare room.”

“I’m kind of high maintenance, Mark.”

“I can handle high maintenance.”

Cheeky, but okay. Thanks. That’s really thoughtful of you.

He could remember how cheerful at the same time confused Jiwon was on that day, and yet she still smiled a lot.

Mark’s brows rose briefly, took off his shirt and went back to his room to pick up his phone.

“Mark?” Songah answered after a few rings.

“I need your help.”

 

 

Jiwon closed her eyes briefly as she walked out of the conference room, the board meeting has just ended and the directors didn’t let the recent rumors about her be left undiscussed.

Her fists curled as they bowed to her before leaving, then she saw her secretary rushing to her.

“Director,” She said softly, Jiwon’s brows rose.

“It’s been almost two hours, he..really wants to see you.”

Jiwon swallowed, she chewed on her lip as she walked, the lady behind her followed.

“Arasso, but not in my office. Tell him to meet me at the café.” She said before making her way to her office.

She was about to pick up her purse when her phone started to ring inside, her lips quirked up before answering.

Jackson,

I just wanted to tell you that you baby is all set!” He said happily, Jiwon smiled.

Finally some good news. Can I drop by today?

Anytime you want, Red. See you.” Jackson said before ending the call. She nodded to herself before stepping out of her office.

Jiwon padded towards the elevator, she pressed for the seventh floor, which was where the company’s café was located.

She arrived at the floor and saw Luhan already seated with cups of coffee before him, she exhaled before making her way towards him.

“Won,” He stood up when she reached him.

“I asked them to tell you I was in a meeting.” She said carefully as she sat down, Luhan nodded, he looked at his fingers before speaking.

“I know, I wanted to wait for you to finish.”

Jiwon nodded, her fingers curled around the cup before her.

“Won, about that…about what happened~”

“I want to understand. I want to understand why you did that.” She looked at him, Luhan paused.

“But, I just…maybe the whole sending people to follow me was..acceptable, but..starting rumors? Using pictures of myself against me? I just…don’t get it, Luhan.”

“I was worried.” Luhan said, Jiwon didn’t speak.

“There are a lot of rumors about Mark, and I noticed how he seems to be getting close to you. I just didn’t want you to get in trouble.”

Jiwon paused.

“Won, I know what I did was wrong. And I’m sorry it hurt you. I just really wanted you to be safe.” Luhan reached for her hand.

“I can take care of myself. I think you have to know that first.” Jiwon said carefully, Luhan nodded.

“I’m sorry for acting up at the hotel too. That was uncalled for.” She added, Luhan gave her a small smile.

“So, dinner?” He asked her.

“Just text me where. I’ll be there.” Jiwon said before standing up, then she paused.

Luhan stood up from his seat.

“You asked me to depend on you.” She said hesitantly, Luhan paused.

“I’m trying that, so I hope you try to stop hovering over me, because I can take care of myself.”

 

 

Songah was staring at Mark in utter shock, Jinyoung was checking his Starbucks cup before taking a sip.

“I was stupid for even betting on it.” She muttered under her breath, Jackson laughed while checking on the Mustang’s hood.

“Aren’t you hungry? You asked me to pick up those coffee buns.” Mark spoke to her.

“Don’t speak to me, you troublemaker.” Songah ignored him.

“You were the one who said~”

“I meant it as a joke, I didn’t know you were still capable of growing feelings.”

Jinyoung grew amused.

“Ya, Jiwon’s not some game, Mark. She isn’t a target for you to~”

“Do you think I’m playing?” Mark cut her off, Songah paused.

“When did I ever play around, Song?” He asked her, Songah looked away.

Jinyoung and Jackson paused, they glanced at each other.

“At first, I thought it was going to be one, you know. A game. Do I really want to get entangled with this girl? How about I help her out just to escape that clingy fiancé of hers? But,” Mark trailed off as he picked up a straw.

“I ended up being played instead.” He said just as the doors opened, Jackson choked.

Jiwon walked in, she greeted one of the mechanics before making her way towards them.

So? How is my child?” She was beaming as she walked to Jackson.

Red,” Mark greeted.

Jiwon grinned at him before walking towards her Mustang, Jinyoung’s brows rose up.

Finally, a proper car.” Jiwon mused as she went around the vehicle.

Sick of your Rolls Royce and BMW already?” Songah called teasingly.

“Ani, this is just special.” Jiwon walked to them, Jinyoung offered her a coffee bun.

“So, not noticing anything?” He asked her.

“Hmm, well, I rarely see you nowadays.” Jiwon blinked at him. Jackson plopped down and asked her to sit beside him.

Jiwon sat down across the Tuan heir.

Coffee, Red?

Yeah, please.” She said before taking out her phone then she paused and looked up.

tumblr_p0sdobIeJn1tie5lxo3_400.gif

She blinked. Songah panicked on her seat.

Mark faced her and pushed her drink towards her. Jackson glanced at the girl again, curious.

You look better. Did you sleep well?” He said with a small smile.

“How..How….” She stammered. Songah bit on her lower lip.

“How did you manage to bleach your hair so fast? I mean, wow, it’s difficult to achieve that shade of red.” She chuckled, amazed.

Jinyoung winced. Songah shook her head.

I..was in a rush,” Mark mused back, she just nodded and took a long sip from her coffee.

Well, it looks good on you, Tuan Yi En.”

 

 

“She’s so blind. It’s crazy.” Songah muttered under her breath.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++