021

End Game

Mark slid down from his car and looked around, he was at the busy main street of Myeongdong and he was a little confused.

He made his way towards the shop Jiwon had mentioned and stepped in.

Tuan Yi En.” Jiwon called him over, she was standing by a display of what looked like oversized jawbreakers.

You called me over just to buy…candies?” Mark asked with a small smile as he reached her.

Candies? No. These are bath bombs.” She corrected him as she picked up a pink colored one, Mark’s brows rose.

They sound...dangerous.” Mark murmured.

Jiwon sighed before facing him again.

I snapped back at my father today.” She started.

Mark paused, he saw Jiwon chew on her lip before walking towards the cashier.

So..you want to attack him with bath bombs?” Mark asked, Jiwon chuckled.

I just…” She was about to take out her wallet, but Mark shook his head at her and handed his card to the lady behind the counter.

Mark,” She complained, but the male just shrugged at her.

I just..had enough, okay? I’m tired of having to please everybody. I don’t want to be Hong Jiwon today.” She muttered.

This sounds like a rebellion.” Mark said teasingly as he picked up the bag for her, he gestured for them to leave the store.

No, it’s not. I’m just taking a break.” Jiwon commented as she looped her arm around his, Mark smiled at her.

“Ya, if they see you again with me, you might really get in big trouble then.” He said.

“I don’t care anymore.” Jiwon shrugged, then she paused.

“Did you get in trouble because of me?” She asked him worriedly.

Nope.” Mark grinned at her, Jiwon smiled before pulling him to the nearest rice cake stand.

“I’m being serious.” She frowned at him.

“I’m being honest too. You didn’t get me in trouble, Red.” Mark chuckled, her brows met briefly.

Is something else bothering you?” Mark asked her softly.

You may really have to take me in.

 

 

Luhan’s brows met briefly as his secretary entered his office.

“You can’t find her?” Luhan asked.

“Yes, she left her car at her home. And, her phone is switched off.” The male replied just as two of Luhan’s bodyguards entered the room.

“We lost her, vice president.”

Luhan exhaled and stood up from his seat.

“Sir~”

“When was she last seen?” He asked, his tone cold.

“She mentioned to her secretary that she was heading to Myeongdong to buy some things.”

Luhan exhaled and nodded.

“Clear my afternoon.” He quipped before leaving the room.

His secretary exhaled before following his boss out of the office.

“It seems like he’s being played.” One of the guards spoke quietly.

“What do you mean?”

“We have a feeling that the Tuan young master knows that we’ve been following them.”

 

 

Mark could only stare back at her, confused.

Then Jiwon started to laugh.

“I’m just joking, what I meant was,” Jiwon said as they continued to walk.

“I’m thinking about it. My choice.”

Mark blinked, but he nodded.

“Well, don’t worry. I can handle high maintenance, remember?” Mark replied.

“I feel like a pawn, you know.”

“Red~”

Jiwon let out a shaky breath and let go of his arm.

“But, I’m..If I do..go against them, they will really kick me out.”

“I don’t think so, you’re their only child, Red.” Mark reasoned softly.

“I don’t think I can survive without…being in LG, Mark. It’s the only thing I know how to do, Mark. I mean, all my life, I was trained to manage that company.” She trailed off.

“I was always reminded to be this, to be that. And behave like this.. It’s what I’m used to doing.” She said quietly, the LG heiress didn’t seem to mind how crowded the street was, she just stood there, unmoving. And Mark could feel how troubled she was and he didn’t like it.

“I know this may sound very…like me, and very bad influence to you, but maybe it’s time to get out of your comfort zone, Red.”

She looked at him, her dark orbs searching his, Mark offered her a smile.

“I know that you love what you do and you’re good at it, and it’s really ugly that you have to marry someone just to keep your position, but,” Mark made her face him, his hands on both of her shoulders.

At the end of the day, you’re still Hong Jiwon, it’s your life to control. No matter what happens, you’re still LG’s next president, with or without a husband on your side.”

Jiwon’s forehead furrowed, but then she started to smile.

You know what, I might actually listen to you someday, and it will really get you in trouble.” She chuckled before actually taking his hand and giving it a small squeeze.

“But, still, thanks. For putting up with me.”

“It’s nothing.” Mark said, his eyes went to their hands, Jiwon chuckled.

“And, did I mention I need a ride home?” She spoke.

I’m not surprised.” He said dryly.

“Come on, we have to eat. It’s my treat, Tuan Yi En.” Jiwon pulled him towards a café with a grin on her face. Mark’s brows met briefly, he glanced behind them and saw two males looking back at him.

The two bowed politely before stepping away.

 

 

“Wait, what?” Jiwon paused.

“You have bodyguards now? Wow, what happened to cool dude motorcycle riding Mark Tuan?”

“I figured since my face has been plastered all over gossip sites next to a certain Seoul socialite, I might as well..act like it.”

“Act like it? Like what? Some preppy chaebol kid?”

“Hey, your fiancé has bodyguards.” Mark said dryly before picking up his milkshake.

“But you’re not like him. Luhan is just..” She shrugged, her nose scrunching.

“Not a cool dude?”

“He’s just not…really my cup of tea.” She finished before picking up a potato skin.

“What is your cup of tea, Hong Jiwon?” Mark asked with a teasing tone.

She was about to reply when a familiar voice made her pause.

“Won,”

Jiwon paused and glanced up, Luhan was standing before them. Mark hid his smile and leaned back on his seat.

“Luhan,” Jiwon blinked, he smiled at her.

“I’ve been trying to reach you. Is your phone turned off?”

“First, no car. Now, no phone?” Mark mused, he felt Luhan’s eyes on him.

“Uhm, I ran out of battery.” Jiwon gestured for him to join them.

“Oh, but Won, why..” Luhan glanced at Mark again.

“Luhan, I know what you’re thinking. But, those are just rumors.” Jiwon said carefully.

“Still, being seen with him with those photos still floating around~”

“Why are you questioning her like that? Shouldn’t she be asking you how you managed to find her? I mean, her phone was off.” Mark spoke, his tone flat.

Jiwon paused and bit her lip.

“I think you should stay out of this, Mr. Tuan.” Luhan said coldly.

“You’re the one who interrupted us.” Mark replied coolly.

Mark,” Jiwon muttered.

“I just don’t understand, obviously she’s trying to avoid you. Why are you trying to smother her?” Mark stated.

“You really want to discuss this now?” Luhan snapped and took a step forward, Jiwon panicked.

But before Luhan could react, two males in dark suits appeared before them, they positioned themselves between Mark and Luhan.

Luhan was stunned, he took a step back.

Mark chuckled and stood up.

“You’re not the only one with goons, Xi Holdings.” Mark hummed, the guards took a step back.

“I’m guessing you have to go with him?” Mark looked at Jiwon.

Jiwon could only stare back at him.

“She has to go with me.” Luhan spoke.

Mark smirked before tossing his keys to Jiwon, the girl caught it before it could land on the floor.

“It’s her choice to make.” Then Mark looked at Jiwon.

 

 

You know the drill. It’s a Bentley.” Mark nodded at her before leaving, his two guards tailed after him as he crossed the street and got inside a black Rolls Royce Phantom.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++