033

End Game

 

“No, no, no!” Jackson whined over lunch, Jinyoung chuckled.

“She’s back. Can we just annihilate her?” Songah asked as she stabbed her steak, Jaebum sighed before taking the plate from her and patiently sliced the meat for the girl.

“What does she want?” Jaebum asked.

“She wants him back now since Mark’s finally taken his spot in society.” Songah said darkly.

“Huh?” Jinyoung spoke before picking up his wine.

“She left him because Mark refused to work for TGH, remember? Because Mark didn’t want to be known as the Tuan heir.”

Jackson made a face at his plate.

“She probably saw those photos from Singapore, Mark did finally step in.”

“Well, he did because Luhan was belittling him.” Jaebum pointed out.

“Aniya, I think he did it because of Jiwon.” Songah smiled.

“Because his Red was working in that kind of world, so he realized that if he didn’t return to being a TGH executive, he would have a hard time being with her.”

“I don’t think Jiwon would mind though, she’s kinda cool like that.” Jackson stated.

“She doesn’t, but I guess Mark doesn’t want to be a hindrance to her, besides, TGH needs Mark. Despite pulling off that “jobless punk” vibe, he was still checking on his family’s company.” Songah snorted.

 

 

“He’s still out of town?”

The lady behind the desk nodded again.

“If you have a message to pass to the vice president, I can take it for him.” Mark’s secretary took out a pen and a small notepad.

The woman before her took the pen and started to jot down her name, she left her number and handed it back to the secretary.

“Ah, miss Seo Jihye, right?” The secretary read her writing.

“We know each other personally; do you know when he’ll be back?” Jihye asked her.

“He’ll probably be back today.”

“Is his flight today?” Jihye pressed, the lady behind the countered looked at her pensively.

“I’m sorry, I’m not allowed to release such information. Don’t worry, I’ll make sure your message reaches the vice president.”

Jihye exhaled, she picked up her bag before turning away from the lady, she made her way towards the elevators, then she paused as she saw a familiar face.

Joey?

The youngest Tuan paused and looked up, his eyes widened.

Ji—Jihye jie.

Jihye smiled as she approached him.

I didn’t know you were back, how..how have you been?” Joey asked politely.

I came by to see your brother. Do you have any idea when he will be back?” She asked him with a grin.

 

 

“So you were setting up your granddaughter with your friend’s grandson?” Hong Jiwook looked at his father doubtfully.

“Are you judging me for that right now? Do you want me to remind you what you just did?”

Jiwon’s father looked away, peeved. The elder chuckled before picking up the newspaper again.

“But, how did you do it? How were you so sure that he and Jiwon..would get along?”

“Easy,”

“Huh?”

“I saw those photos of them together, right when rumors about Jiwon having a rich Singporea boyfriend started. I checked on the photos. And, I noticed how your daughter looked so relaxed. She was happy just talking to that young man.”

“Abeoji, you sound like a matchmaker.” He shuddered.

“At least I didn’t fail. You as one.” The elder chortled.

“Is this the reason why you were pushing the TGH project so hard? Because of Mark?”

“What else?” The elder nodded along.

“I’ve been tricked again.” Hong Jiwook muttered under his breath, but he smiled as he looked at the photos again.

They were of Jiwon walking around the streets of Singapore with a small smile on her face.

 

 

Mark put his cap on as he entered the private lounge, his secretary excused himself before stepping out.

The Tuan heir sat down and took out his laptop, he started to check his emails from Korea and other documents that needed his approval.

“How much time do we have left?” He asked his bodyguard.

“About an hour, sir.”

Mark nodded, he looked at the glass panels, different planes were taxiing across the airport. He checked the time again.

Mark started to type on his laptop, then he paused as someone shut it close, he looked up.

Red!” He blinked in surprise, she grinned at him.

How could you just head straight here and not pass by the penthouse?” She chided.

I didn’t want to wake you and~

Jiwon exhaled before sitting beside him, Mark put his laptop away.

What brings you here? You want to roam around the airport?” He playfully asked her.

No, I’m here to go home. Do you still have some space on that private plane of yours?

Mark paused, Jiwon chuckled at him.

“I’m saying, I want to go home now. It’s time I do.” She shrugged at him.

“Are you sure? Rumors haven’t died~”

the rumors, Tuan Yi En. We were spotted walking around last night.” She rolled her eyes at him.

Red, I’m~

“It’s fine. We’re alright.” Jiwon smiled before leaning over to kiss his cheek, Mark looked at her and he started to smile.

“And next time, at least let me finish. I know you rarely get chatty, but last night, I wanted to~”

Mark just pulled her closer and pressed his lips against hers.

“I know, I’m sorry, Red.” He chuckled before giving her another kiss.

 

It won’t happen again.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++