003

End Game

 

Jiwon stretched palms upwards before facing her computer again, she had been looking at annual stock reports and dividend graphs.

Her eyes went to the small photograph just beside her penholders, it was a photo of Luhan and her during their trip to China two months ago, her forehead furrowed briefly.

She bit her lip before typing again, then she paused when he secretary walked in the room with her father in tow.

Jiwon stood up to greet him.

“Abeoji,”

“You met up with Luhan earlier.”

“I did, we had lunch together.” She said as the elder sat down, Jiwon took the seat across him.

“I know you’re still adjusting to all this, Jiwon-ah,” He started, the girl just nodded.

“But the wedding is going to happen next year, I suggest you clean up your act, okay?”

Jiwon nodded wordlessly.

“I don’t need to remind you how important this is, right?”

“Yes.” She replied evenly.

“You’re going to be a very happy young lady, Luhan is very lucky to have you.” He said before standing up.

“We will be expecting you two tonight at home, you should arrive together.” He reminded as he walked towards the doors.

“Yes, I’ll call him.” Jiwon followed him, the male just patted her hand before leaving the room.

Jiwon closed the doors behind her and leaned back against it, she let out a shaky breath as a few tears rolled down her cheeks.

She took a deep breath and brushed them away before walking back to her desk.

 

 

Mark pushed to glass doors open, two SAs approached him and Jackson.

“What if this year, you get to meet your future wife?” Jackson mused as they were guided to a private fitting room.

Mark ignored him and just took a seat.

“Then if she comes from a big family, you’ll have to stop being this black sheep-jobless punk act of yours.” Jackson chuckled as their custom-made suits were set before them.

They both paused when another male joined them in the room, he was speaking on the phone in fluent Chinese.

Jackson stood up and picked up his burgundy and black three-piece suit.

Mark’s eyes went to the male, the latter looked so familiar to him. He exhaled before leaving his seat and checking on his classic black and white tux.

“Well, if you do meet her,” Jackson continued.

“I hope she can put up with your mood swings.” He laughed before going in the fitting room. Mark glanced at the male again, his suit was being presented to him.

No, I’ll be picking her up from her condo tonight…I haven’t spoke to her about it, but we’ll be going to the Lotus Ball together.” The male recounted before putting his phone down.

Mark’s brows rose briefly before picking up his suit and going inside the other cubicle.

 

 

“You look gorgeous!”

Jiwon chuckled across the screen, one of her closest friends was live chatting her on her way to the Lotus Ball, Luhan smiled beside her.

“When are you coming home?” Jiwon asked, the girl before her, Lee Songah was their next neighbor, they used to play together as children before Jiwon was shipped off to Beijing for studies.

“Soon, I have to check on one of my friends there too.”

“Wow, you have other friends? Amazing.” Jiwon teased, Songah rolled her eyes. Luhan nudged her just as the Rolls Royce pulled over in front of the hotel.

“Ya, I’ll call you back later. We’re already here.” She pouted, Songah nodded.

“Try to appear as if you’re enjoying the rich people party, my friend.” She teased before ending the call, Jiwon chuckled before Luhan helped her down the car.

Photographers paused for a moment as they saw the Hong heiress alight the car, she was dressed in a nice blood red taffeta evening gown that showed her milky shoulders and curvy waist.

“I should have brought a fidget spinner.” She murmured as they walked in the lobby, Luhan smiled and just looped her arm around his.

“It’s not that bad, Won. You’ll meet some old friends here too.” He said gently as he glanced at her.

“You look breathtaking, as always.” Luhan smiled before kissing her cheek, Jiwon paused and blinked at him.

“I try.” She shrugged coolly as they entered the event hall, Jiwon’s eyes scanned the room before putting a smile on her face, then she saw Luhan wave at someone.

“Luhan, can we~”

Director Feng, President Jin,” Luhan greeted as two executives walked towards them, Jiwon smiled politely before taking her arm off his and got herself a drink.

 

 

Mark smiled politely before excusing himself, he was just talking one his father’s friends when his phone started to ring. He made his way towards the hall’s exit and took the device out.

“Songah?” He grinned as he answered.

“I just wanted to inform you that I’ll be in Seoul next week.” The girl from the other line announced.

“Whoa, I guess I should warn the others.” Mark joked.

“I’m guessing you’re at that rich people’s party, huh? I can hear the excitement in your voice.” She said dryly.

“I had no choice but to attend, when are you flying back?”

“Next Tuesday, I have to meet up with an old friend too. I’ll call you back as soon as I have my flight details. Please,”

“What?”

“Try meeting new people. I want to meet a new girlfriend.”

“Stay safe, don’t slip on the roads.” Mark snorted before ending the call, he was about to walk back to the party when he saw a girl slip out through the double doors with a drink in hand.

Mark’s brows went up as she walked towards the pond behind him, she didn’t seem to see or notice him standing just a few meters away from her.

The girl had her phone pressed against her ear.

No, I wanna go home.” She muttered in Mandarin, Mark grinned to himself.

We came together, of course I can’t leave on my own. This gown won’t fit the taxi.

And, stop calling him “the fiancé”, he has a name.” The girl sighed.

Mark looked at what she was wearing; all he could see was a huge red mess that seemed to fit the girl really well.

No, you know it’s business. He won’t understand.” She continued, then she felt someone looking at her.

She turned around abruptly and found a male standing across her, she blinked at him.

I’m gonna call you back.” She murmured before putting her phone down.

“Is something wrong?” She asked him in a kind and polite tone that startled Mark, he was expecting the girl to call him out.

“No, I was just about to~” Mark paused, then his lips quirked up.

“You know what,” He started to dig in his pant pocket, the girl just blinked at him again.

“Take this.” Mark walked towards her and offered his car’s keyless remote.

“W—what are you~” The girl halted.

“You understood that.” She started to smile, Mark nodded.

“I understand you too, I can’t stand being inside either.” He said.

“I can’t take your car, that would~”

“Just use it. I’ll wait for you at Wang Customs tomorrow morning, it’s that shop at near Garusogil.” He shrugged at her. Jiwon was about to speak but he just nodded for her to go.

“Just go, red gown.” He switched to Mandarin, Jiwon grew amused.

“Wang Customs then. Ten a.m.,” She said instead.

“It’s a stick shift, though. Manual transmission. You know that, right?” Mark said to her, she smirked.

“Easy.” She grinned at him before walking towards the elevator.

 

 

“I hope she doesn’t run over her fiancé or something.” Mark murmured as he went back inside the party.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++