016

End Game

 

Jiwon watched as Jackson was being loaded to Jinyoung’s car, Mark was chatting with Jaebum and Songah beside her. Jackson blew her a sloppy kiss before the car sped away.

She chuckled before padding towards her friends.

“So, who wants to get breakfast food? It’s perfect for tipsy people like you.” She said as she poked Songah’s side.

“There’s a mart a few blocks away.” Jaebum stated, Songah beamed before looping her arm around his and pulling him to cross the street.

“I guess we’re designated guardians for the night.” Mark mused as they followed the two.

“We still have work tomorrow though.” Jiwon shook her head.

Hey, you two!” Songah hollered while leaning against Jaebum.

“What now, princess Song?” Mark mused, Jiwon chuckled.

I should know beforehand.” She mumbled.

“Huh?” Jiwon grew amused, Mark reached out to pull the sleeve of her coat as they stepped on the sidewalk.

If you ever realize that you’re already falling for my friend Jiwon, dye your hair red.” Songah chuckled before walking away from them.

Mark paused, Jiwon shook her head.

Too much vodka.” Mark stated.

Don’t forget. Red.” Jiwon laughed before pulling him into the mart.

 

 

Mark was facing his computer, he was studying the company’s performance for the past year and he felt a little pressured.

“Sir?”

He looked up, his secretary was standing by the door.

“Your meeting has been pushed earlier, the directors want to meet you before you head out for Daegu this afternoon.”

He nodded, the male set some documents on his desk.

“Did Joey call? I asked him to drop by and I need him to sign some things for me.” Mark asked.

“He will be here in a few minutes, vice president. And,”

Mark closed his laptop and gestured for the male to take a seat.

“Someone’s poking around again, sir.”

Mark’s lips quirked up.

“Xi Holdings?”

His secretary nodded.

“I think it’s about your being..acquainted with director Hong.”

“We’re working together. What does he want?” Mark said under his breath.

“Can’t you..talk to director Hong about it? She can..speak to him for you.”

The young executive leaned back on his seat and crossed his arms.

“I don’t want to bother Jiwon with more work.” He chuckled to himself, the other male blinked.

“Let him be. He’s probably trying to scare me off.” Mark mused before standing up and leaving his office.

 

 

“I feel like .”

“Well, you look like it.” Jiwon commented as she checked the clothes on the rack, Songah sent her look from the couch.

“Just pick a dress already.” Jiwon sighed.

The two were at a boutique in Apgujeong, Songah had an event to attend and she asked Jiwon to come with her to choose dresses.

“What happened last night? I vaguely remember yelling at you and Mark.”

Jiwon grinned before sitting across her.

“So, for how long is your yeobo away?”

Jiwon shook her head.

“A week, I think.”

“I heard your father wants to move up the date of the wedding.” Songah said softly.

“That’s what my secretary said, he heard my father speaking with his assistant about it.” Jiwon looked at her fingers.

“Jiwon-ah,” Songah frowned.

“It’s fine, it’s not like I can do anything about it.” Jiwon said lowly.

“This is your life, Jiwon-ah.” Songah reached for her hand.

“I have a company to think of. If I..I back out of this, my parents will never see me again.”

“I doubt your halbae will let that happen.” Songah smiled.

“Sometimes I wish appa would listen, like halbae.” She shrugged.

“You mean, you wish Luhan would listen to you?”

“I never told him.” Jiwon said, Songah paused.

“Well, I can’t just tell him that I’m against our wedding. Duh.” Jiwon pointed out.

“I just don’t want you to feel suffocated, that’s all.”

“I’m fine, just go choose a dress, princess Song.” She shooed her away, Songah was frowning as she stood up.

“I don’t think he’s the one for you, Jiwon. Not him.” She murmured to herself before checking out the pieces before her.

 

 

Jackson was smiling as Jiwon walked in his shop.

“Red!”

“Wow, no hang over?” She chuckled before hugging the male.

“I’m trying to ignore it.” Jackson groaned.

“How’s my child?”

“You can have him back this weekend, I’m on the final stages.” Jackson said as Jiwon approached her Mustang.

Then, a familiar Porsche rolled in the establishment, Jackson grinned to himself.

Well, Tuan Yi En’s here.” Jiwon said before sliding in her Mustang.

What brings you here? Escaping work again?” Jackson hooted as his friend slid down from his car, Mark had already changed out of his usual business suit and opted for a loose sweater and jeans.

My meeting just ended, it was a long day.” Mark pointed out as he loosened his tie, he paused when he saw Jiwon.

She gave him a small wave.

How’s the oldie?” Mark mused as he walked to her, Jiwon got off the car and smiled proudly.

I..have news for you.” She said to him, Mark nodded for her to talk.

His eyebrows met briefly before reaching out to her cheek without thinking to brush the stray hairs away from her face.

He stilled, but Jiwon didn’t seem to mind.

What news?

My wedd~

“(Ni!) You!” An elderly man was walking towards them, Jiwon saw Jackson duck under the counter.

She saw Mark wince but he faced the elder as he started to yell at him in Mandarin.

I asked you to work for the company especially on our new projects this year. And yet, where do I found you? Playing around again.” The elder’s eyes went to Jiwon for a short moment.

And with a woman!

“She’s~” Mark was cut off when Jiwon stepped forward.

You must be Mark’s grandfather? Mr. Tuan?” Jiwon spoke in Mandarin, the elder was stunned.

Young lady, my grandson~

Yeye, she’s not just~

I’m Jiwon. Hong Jiwon. I work for LG.” Jiwon said as she offered her hand to him, Mark saw how his grandfather’s eyes widened as soon as the words registered in his head.

Actually, I asked him to bring me here. My car wasn’t doing so well, I wanted to bring it to a shop.” Jiwon said with a rueful smile, the Tuan elder returned her smile.

I wasn’t exactly sure first, but Mark was kind enough to introduce me to the shop’s owner.

Mark was now impressed; his grandfather was actually listening to the girl.

I’m sorry if I kept him away from work. It wont happen again.” Jiwon nodded.

It’s fine, director Hong. I was just worried about him. But since, you needed his help, I understand.” The elder took her hand in his, Jiwon chuckled.

Just call me Jiwon.

I hope my grandson wont cause too much trouble for you, Jiwon, aren’t you the one assigned with our partnership project?”

Yes, it’s me. Don’t worry. Mark’s actually the one helping me out a lot.” Jiwon nodded, the elder patted her hand.

Then, why don’t you join us tomorrow? For lunch.” He invited her, Mark blinked.

Jiwon glanced at him briefly.

She’ll be there. I’ll pick her up myself.” Mark said quickly, Jackson stopped himself from laughing from under the counter.

Then, I will be expecting you tomorrow, child.” The Tuan elder said to her before turning away, Jiwon saw his two bodyguards waiting for him by the doors.

Mark puffed his cheeks as soon as the doors closed.

“Intense!” Jackson guffawed.

“Your halbae’s adorable.” Jiwon mused.

You just saved my ears from potential death.” Mark said before raising his fist to her, Jiwon shook her head before bumping her fist against his.

What are friends for, right?

“What did you want to talk about? Your news?”

Jiwon plopped down on the couch and Mark sat beside her, he leaned back comfortably.

tumblr_p0koz1PtP91t7qu3mo2_540.gif

Jiwon faced him and she paused, Mark was staring back at her, his dark orbs waiting for her to speak.

Red?” He asked.

“I—It’s nothing. What are we going to eat tomorrow?” She asked distractedly, Mark laughed.

She glanced at him as Mark picked up a bottled water.

Probably Chinese food. Do I really have to come pick you up, gongzhu?” Mark said good-naturedly.

I can go by myself. Just tell me where.” Jiwon replied before looking away and puffing her cheeks.

 

 

I’ll pick you up then.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++