029

End Game

Mark stepped out of the conference room, he was at LG’s main office. It was the day for contract signing and fortunately, even without Jiwon, everything went smoothly.

“It’s disappointing that director Hong is still out of town, vice president.” Jiwon’s secretary was walking beside him.

“It is, but at least she’s taking some time off. Your boss seems to be tired lately.” Mark said with a smile.

“Yes, then~” The male paused and he bowed quickly towards the elder standing before them. Mark paused, his brows meeting briefly.

“Vice president Tuan?” The elder walked towards him with a warm smile.

“This the previous chairman Hong, director Hong’s grandfather.” The secretary said helpfully, Mark nodded back, already recognizing the male before him.

“I’ve heard so much about you from my grandfather, sir.” Mark said before shaking the man’s hand politely.

“I know, my friend’s grandson. I’ve been wanting to meet you. So, how did the deal go? I believe my granddaughter was assigned to it, well, before she disappeared.” He said good-naturedly.

“Everything went well, Jiwon really did great with the project. She’s been helping me a lot.” Mark said with a smile, the elder chuckled.

“Of course, so tell me, is Singapore to her liking?”

 

 

Jiwon exhaled on looked around her, she was taking a leisurely walk around the popular Gardens by the Bay, she was wearing a pair of denim shorts and a loose sleeveless crop top.

The key fob to the red Mustang hung on her purse’s strap as she approached the ice cream stand.

What flavor would you like, miss?” The seller asked her, Jiwon looked at his display.

What is this red one?” Jiwon pointed towards the glass countertop.

Red? It’s watermelon sorbet.

Then, I’ll take that one.” Jiwon said happily as she took out her wallet and plucked out some bills. Then a piece of paper caught her attention, she took it out and started to grin.

It was the note stuck on the Mustang from the other day.

It is something familiar.” She said to herself as her red-colored watermelon sorbet was handed to her, then she paused.

Her forehead knitted as a past conversation started to replay on her head.

“Red?” She spoke.

“Hey, you two!” Songah hollered while leaning against Jaebum.

“What now, princess Song?” Mark mused, Jiwon chuckled.

“I should know beforehand.” She mumbled.

“Huh?” Jiwon grew amused, Mark reached out to pull the sleeve of her coat as they stepped on the sidewalk.

“If you ever realize that you’re already falling for my friend Jiwon, dye your hair red.” Songah chuckled before walking away from them.

Mark paused, Jiwon shook her head.

“Too much vodka.” Mark stated.

“Don’t forget. Red.” Jiwon laughed before pulling him into the mart.

Jiwon shok her head, she walked to the nearest bench and sat down.

“It can’t be, it’s impossible.” She murmured to herself before eating.

 

 

Mark stepped out of the building, he had a small smile on his face as the valet approached him.

“You’re still here.”

He paused, Luhan was walking towards her.

“I have business here.”

“Really? Jiwon’s not even in town.” Luhan said airily, Mark’s lips quirked up.

“I heard, do you know where she is? Her family doesn’t know.”

“Of course, I know. I’m her fiancé after all.” Luhan bluffed, Mark smirked.

“Wow, that’s nice. I’ll make sure to tell her that you know where she is. I’ll ask her to move then.” Mark replied before approaching his car, Luhan’s lips thinned before blocking the Tuan heir’s path.

“What did you say? Have you been hiding her?” Luhan hissed at him.

“She’s been hiding from you.” Mark brushed off his arm from his sleeve.

“How could you do this? Does her family know that~”

“We know.” Another voice joined, Luhan paused and turned, Jiwon’s father was standing before them. Mark paused before giving the elder a polite bow.

“My father told me that I should check on our lobby because something might happen.” He spoke as he walked towards the two.

“Luhan,” He spoke.

“I know you want to talk, so you can wait in my office.” He continued, Luhan nodded before going to the doors.

Mark met the male’s gaze evenly before stretching one hand out.

“How’s my daughter? Is she doing well?”

Mark nodded before speaking.

“She called me a few days ago, she’s having a good time, sir.”

“Good. Thanks for watching over her, mister Tuan.” Hong Jiwook shook his hand.

“Yes.”

“And, you don’t have to fight over her.” He said before turning his back to Mark and heading back to the revolving doors.

 

 

Jiwon stood by the floor length windows that gave her the view of Singapore’s nightlife. She took off her bathrobe, revealing a black one-piece swim suit. She padded towards the indoor pool area and exhaled.

“Maybe it’s time to go home. It’s so quiet.” She murmured before dipping her toes on the water.

Jiwon submerged herself on the water for a few seconds before resurfacing, she looked up, the glass roof offered her a nice view of the night sky filled with stars.

“So quiet. It’s actually very unnerving.” She murmured to herself again.

“Hm, should I have brought Jackson along instead?” A masculine voice asked, Jiwon stilled, she turned her head.

Mark was leaning against the doorway, with a smile on his face.

“Tuan Yi En.” She blinked in shock, Mark chuckled before walking towards the pool.

H—How..When did you arrive?” She asked as she swam to the metal ladder.

A few hours ago, I had some work to check on.” Mark replied as he picked up a robe before approaching her.

You should have called.” Jiwon whined before letting him help her wear the robe.

I didn’t want to disturb you, but I heard you were already home. Wow, Red, already home by seven.” Mark said teasingly.

Jiwon rolled her eyes at him.

So, how are you? You look better.” Mark cupped her cheek for a brief moment before taking a seat on one of the lounge chairs.

I feel better.” She replied before plopping down across him.

Will you be staying long?” Jiwon asked excitedly. Mark chuckled before nodding.

Then, how about we go out tomorrow? I’ll give you a tour.” Mark nudged her toe with the tip of his sneaker.

Won’t that cause scandals?” Jiwon frowned at him.

Who cares? We’re in Singapore, Red.” He said with a small chuckle, Jiwon paused briefly but she nodded.

Sounds good. Let’s go out tomorrow. Laksa is on our list too.” She nodded at him.

 

Of course, anything for Hong Jiwon. Now go get dressed for dinner.” Mark kissed the side of her head before heading back the living room.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++