018

End Game

“Are you just being bored?” Jiwon asked as Mark stepped on the gas when they reached the freeway.

“A little road trip wouldn’t hurt.” He said lightly.

“But usually, road trips are planned. Not just~”

“Relax, Red. You need this too.”

“I do?” Jiwon blinked at him.

“You need to relax. You need to be away from the city even for just a few hours.” Mark chuckled at her, Jiwon pressed her lips together.

“We don’t even need to visit the site; we can just roam around.” Mark spoke.

“Are you sure you weren’t fired that’s why you left your job? I have a feeling you were.” She mused back at him.

“I really quit. Why would I lie to you?”

Jiwon leaned back on her seat.

“You wanted to tell me something.”

She glanced at him.

“At Jackson’s shop, you were about to tell me something.” Mark looked at her, his left hand resting on the steering wheel.

Jiwon paused, she bit on her lower lip before speaking.

“I’ll tell you when you tell me why you quit.” She winked at him, Mark eyed her warily.

“Very smart, Red.”

“I try to keep up with you, Tuan Yi En.”

Mark laughed.

“It’s because of a girl.” He said finally, Jiwon nodded.

“Did she try to steal your spot?” She asked, Mark chuckled and shook his head.

“Aniya, she wanted me to be on that spot.”

“Huh?” Jiwon blinked, but Mark just reached over to place his discarded coat over lap.

“She loved my family name. But not me.”

Jiwon paused, her brows met briefly.

“M—Mark, I’m sorry, if I..I was just joking.” She stammered, but Mark shook his head.

“Well, if it makes up for something, not all girls are like that. I mean, I never dated a guy because he has money.” She offered helplessly, which made him laugh.

“I know, Red. You seem to hate guys who have money.”

Jiwon glared at him.

“Well, Luhan would know.” Mark teased.

Oh my god, why am I friends with him?

 

 

Songah walked out of the elevator, she looked around before moving forward.

“Oh, good afternoon, miss.”

She turned, Jiwon’s secretary had approached her.

“Is Jiwon in? I’ve been trying to call her. And we have that party to attend tomorrow.” She said.

“Ah, director has left for Busan.”

“Huh? Alone?” Songah blinked.

“Well, I’m not really clear about it. She had lunch with vice president Tuan and his grandfather earlier.”

Songah’s eyes widened.

“Then, I received a call from vice president’s Tuan’s assistant informing that director Hong wouldn’t be able to come back this noon.”

“Why?”

“Her and mister Tuan will be heading to Busan. Most probably to check on the site for the project.”

“Just the two of them?” Songah started to smile.

“Yes, most likely, agasshi.”

Songah thanked the male before turning away from him, she a grin on her face as she got back inside the elevator.

“I better make an appointment at the hair salon then.”

 

 

Luhan loosened his tie as he got in the elevator.

“Busan?” He echoed.

“Yes, sir. I had our men follow them.”

He nodded, his brows furrowing.

“And, they didn’t go to the site as they said. They’re at Haeundae beach, eating.”

“Just the two of them?” Luhan asked, his secretary nodded.

“Anything else?”

“I just found out that Jiwon agasshi’s grandfather and Tuan Jinnian are good friends.”

“Tuan Jinnian?”

“His grandfather.”

Luhan exhaled but he nodded along.

“Sir, I don’t think you should be really worried, from what I can see, young miss treats him like how she treats director Im.”

“Jaebum..Jaebum is different,” Luhan replied, the other male paused.

Luhan took out his phone again, it was a photo of Mark and Jiwon standing outside the restaurant from earlier.

“He looks at her differently.”

 

 

“This isn’t the site, Mark.” Jiwon commented as she slid down the car, she could clearly read the sigh despite being meters away from them.

“I know.” Mark mused as he ushered her to walk with him.

“Just exactly why are we at Haeundae beach?” Jiwon mumbled as she caught up with him, Mark was already looking around, probably deciding where to eat first.

“To eat.”

“You drove us here to eat, when we just ate with your grandfather?”

“Food has always been my end game.” Mark chuckled before grabbing her hand and pulling her into the seafood restaurant.

Jiwon’s eyes roamed around as soon as they got in, Mark searched for an empty table, forgetting about his hand around Jiwon’s wrist until she tugged on it.

“Oh, I’m sorry, Red, I was~”

“I want sashimi.” She beamed at him, Mark blinked and nodded. Jiwon pulled him to an empty table, totally unaffected by his hand on hers.

“Baked oysters with cheese?” Now, she was the one excited over food, Mark couldn’t help but smile as he sat down across her.

Then he noticed some men from the other table eyeing her, he looked at her again, Jiwon was dressed in her usual tight pencil skirt and a nice silk top, the girl had taken off her jacket.

Mark’s brows rose briefly before shaking his coat off and handing it to her.

“Hmm?” Jiwon looked at him.

“It’s a little chilly.” Mark stood up instead and placed it across her lap, Jiwon chuckled and nodded at him.

“Look at you, being a gentleman and all. Should I set you up with one of my friends?” She teased as he sat back again, Mark rolled his eyes at her.

Before she could speak again, Jiwon’s phone started to ring again. His eyes went to the screen and his brows went up.

Luhan

“Hey,” Jiwon answered, Mark leaned back on his seat and faced the windows again, he saw the familiar black SUV pull over just across his car.

“Right now? We’re..eating.” Jiwon was nodding along, Mark looked at the girl just as the two males crossed the street.

“It’s not that bad, well it is cold.” She continued, Mark caught her gaze and he smiled at her.

Jiwon looked at him questioningly.

Then he leaned over to brush the hairs away from her left cheek, Jiwon didn’t mind him and just continued to speak.

“Sure, I’ll call you back. Take care.” She said before putting her phone down.

“So, work called?” Mark asked her.

Jiwon shook her head.

Be nice, Tuan Yi En.” She warned, Mark grinned and just handed her chopsticks.

Like I said, you always have a choice, Red.

Jiwon paused.

You keep on tempting me about that, will you help me out when I really get kicked me out?” She snorted.

“I think I have a spare room.” Mark offered, Jiwon laughed.

“I’m kind of high maintenance, Mark.”

“I can handle high maintenance.” He rolled his eyes at her.

Cheeky, but okay. Thanks. That’s really thoughtful of you.

Mark nodded and just started to eat.

Can we get chicken nuggets later?” Jiwon whispered, Mark chuckled and nodded.

 

 

Of course, gongzhu.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++