028

End Game

 

Jiwon exhaled as she stepped out of Changi Airport, she pulled her luggage behind her and a Chanel backpack hung over her shoulder.

Miss Hong?

She paused and glanced to her left, a young male clad in a light colored suit was making his way towards her, he had a friendly smile on his face.

..Yes?

I was sent by vice president Tuan, here, let me take that.” He took her bags from her, Jiwon’s brows rose.

He told me you’d be here searching for a cab, and he didn’t want that to happen.” He spoke warmly, Jiwon nodded along then she halted when she saw a familiar male standing beside a black BMW sedan.

Joey?” She blinked.

Gege asked me to make sure nothing goes wrong while you’re here, don’t worry. Nobody knows.” Joey grinned as he approached her, Jiwon shook her head before hugging the younger male.

Seoul got stressing for you, noona?” He asked as he opened the door for her.

I needed an escape.” Jiwon stated.

Well, let your rich Singaporean boyfriend take care of the rest.” Joey chuckled before closing the door.

 

 

Mr. Hong watched in amusement as his son and his wife spoke worriedly, the family lawyers and police were present in the room.

“Kidnapped?” Mrs. Hong panicked.

“It’s a possibility, samonim. But nothing’s been finalized yet.”

Jiwon’s father frowned and leaned back on his seat, meanwhile the elder Hong and just shook his head.

“How are you two so sure that she was kidnapped?”

“Luhan said~”

“That young man doesn’t even have proof. And,” He stood up.

“Jiwon’s car, the Mustang was found parked at her building. What kind of kidnappers would have the time to return her car to her home?”

The room grew silent, the policemen nodded.

“That’s what we mentioned earlier, we checked the car. There seems to be no signs of forced~”

“That’s what I’ve been trying to tell these two too.” Elder Hong pointed out, his son flinched.

“Abeoji, we have to know if she’s safe. And, Luhan stated~”

“Why are you always believing that man? He just said that Jiwon ran off and it could be possible that she was kidnapped. He has no proof at all. And besides, it wasn’t just them at that coffee shop.”

“Abeoji~”

“Jiwon must be just somewhere, resting, trying to understand things.”

“There are no records that she left the country, abeoji. Where could she be?”

Mrs. Hong bit her lip and looked at the windows.

“Where could she go? Why disappear when it’s just a month before her wedding?” She said to herself.

“Did you ever ask your daughter if she really wants to do this? Scratch that, did you ever listen to her?”

Jiwon’s father looked at the elder.

“Jiwon’s my only granddaughter, and, I wont allow this to happen.” He said.

“Abeo~”

“She gets to choose who she wants to be with. The wedding’s off.”

“A~”

“I’ll speak with Xi Holdings myself, that Luhan has done enough damage to my grandchild. And I’ve had it.” He stated before leaving the room.

 

 

Jiwon smiled as she stepped out of ION Orchard, she had a few shopping bags with her. She was dressed in a nice floral romper and Manolo flats.

Miss Hong?

She paused and grew confused, Mark’s assistant had dropped her off earlier in a black Range Rover, now he was standing beside a red Mustang.

What~

It’s something make your stay more comfortable. I’ll have your things sent to the penthouse.” He said as he took the bags from her, he handed her the car key fob before setting off. Jiwon walked towards the car and it unlocked, she got in the vehicle and found a printed note.

You need something familiar, right?

I hope this will suffice.

Drive safely. –Mark

This is getting interesting. How cute.” Jiwon smiled to herself before plucking the note from the steering wheel and inserting it in her purse, she switched on the GPS before speeding away from the building, she picked up some takeout before heading back to the Tuan penthouse. She slid down from the car and stared at it again.

Mark Tuan and the color red.” She shook her head before getting inside the building, she greeted the security with a smile before heading the elevator which brought her to the top floor.

 

 

“It’s been two days now, it’s like she just..disappeared, like a foam.” Songah was a little worried.

“Maybe Luhan kept her somewhere.” Jaebum mused, Jinyoung sent him a look.

“But, don’t you think it’s weird? Mark’s been quiet about it. I was expecting him to be panicking.” Jackson added, the four were gathered in the kitchen.

“I bet he knows something.” Songah pointed out.

“Same here.” Jinyoung raised his palm.

“You think he knows where she is? Her family has contacted the authorities, there are no recorded movements. Her name didn’t even appear at the airport’s records.” Jaebum, then he paused.

“Airport.” Jackson grew amused.

“He’s a Tuan, Im Jaebum. If he wants something to disappear, he can make it.” Songah stated.

“It can’t be possible; Mark help her escape?” Jinyoung murmured.

“He wants to protect her from Luhan. And the only way to do that is to hide her. Without suffocating her, of course.” Songah nodded.

“Where could she be?” Jaebum bit his lip.

“Let’s think, where could have rich Singaporean boyfriend taken his Jiwon?” Jackson chuckled.

“Oh my god, I already feel bad for Luhan.”

“You know him, he just wants her to be happy.”

 

 

Jiwon shook off her shoes and found her recent purchases from earlier in the living room. She tied her hair up before setting her food on the dining table.

She took out her phone and started to dial, she paused as she picked up her chopsticks.

“Red?” Mark was laughing as he answered, his face finally appeared on the screen.

”Is this a bad time? Are you busy?” She asked him.

“No, no, we’re at Songah’s for dinner. Jackson’s trying to save himself from her wrath.”

tumblr_p1gnh28wim1qm3dtbo2_400.gif

Jiwon could hear Jackson screaming like a five year old, she bit back a laugh.

“Why? What did he do?”

“Burn the food she was preparing. What else?” Mark chuckled, then he turned his attention on her.

“So, how are you? Feeling better?”

“Yeah, I’m kind of living the life here. You should be careful, I might get used to it,” She mused.

It’s fine, just have fun.” Mark replied.

I meant the Mustang, Mark. You already have me comfortably nestled in this swanky penthouse~

My penthouse, do you like?” He seems excited.

It’s perfect, Tuan Yi En. I love it, but all these~”

I promised, remember? I'd take you in.” He smiled.

Now’s not the time to be greasy over some weird friendship pact we made without thinking straightly.” She shuddered.

I can handle high maintenance, so don’t worry. Rest up. It’s your time away from work.” Mark winked at her, Jiwon paused but she nodded back.

Don’t hesitate to call me when something come’s up. People wont be able to trace you there, so it’s fine. Have fun.

Jiwon bit her lip, she glanced at the empty seat beside her.

Red?

She faced the screen again.

I’ll call, I promise. Thanks for handling things over there.“ She said.

 

Anytime.

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++