034

End Game

 

The black Land Rover pulled over in front out of Jiwon’s building, she smiled as she looked at the entrance doors.

Rest up.” Mark said as he went down to open the door for her, his two guards unloaded her luggage.

We did stir some trouble, huh?” Jiwon stated as they approached the building.

Trouble? You haven’t had that much fun in years.” Mark teased, she rolled her eyes at him.

I mean it, did you get in trouble because of me? I mean, your parents~

They liked you, a lot.” He chuckled as they reached the doors, Jiwon saw his two guards enter the elevators with her bags.

They’ll bring your bags up.

“Wait, you’re not going in?” She blinked, confused.

“I thought you were staying over for lunch. I was planning to order~”

“You’re really going to invite me in? People will talk.” Mark hummed, Jiwon balked at him.

“W—Well, I was just~”

“It’s okay, Red. I have a meeting in an hour, I’m sorry.” Mark scrunched his nose at her before kissing her cheek.

Whoa, you’re busier than me.” She mumbled, Mark laughed and touched her hair briefly.

I’ll pick you up for dinner.” He was about to turn away from her, but Jiwon tugged on his sleeve.

“I mean it, thanks for everything.” She said, Mark smiled again.

Your ride’s here too. Enjoy.” Mark winked before jogging back to the Rover, Jiwon grew confused, the two guards bowed to her before joining him inside the car.

What is he talking~

Jiwon halted, amongst the sea of silver and black BMWs and Benzes that were parked in the lot, one car stood out.

It stuck out like a thorn, the red Mustang she was driving in Singapore.

Mark Tuan, really.” Jiwon said to herself as she approached the car, she smiled before walking back to the building.

 

 

Mark was fiddling with his pen as his eyes scanned the documents before him, he heard the doors open.

“I wont be receiving anyone this afternoon, and, clear my scheduel~” He paused when he looked up, there was a girl standing beside his secretary.

“She said she’s a close friend, sir.” His secretary said unwillingly, Mark exhaled and nodded. The male quietly left the room.

“What brings you here?” Mark stood up from his desk, Jihye offered him a small smile.

“I’ve been waiting for you to come back, what were you doing in Singapore?” She asked him.

“I asked you a question first. What brings you here?”

Jihye bit her lip.

“I want to talk.”

Mark shook his head.

“I don’t think we have anything to talk about, Jihye. I’m busy, so, can you go?” Mark’s tone was firm and polite, Jihye bit her lip.

“Mark,”

Mark cut her off by raising one hand.

“Jihye, please, I don’t want to talk. What’s done is done. You left.” Mark faced her.

“We can still work things out, Mark.” She said softly, that made him stop.

“If you’re not going to, then I will.” He said after a few seconds, he then picked up his coat and stepped out of his office.

 

 

“Look at you, dressed in designer sweats, lounging in my office, showing off that sun kissed glow and~”

“Cut it out, I bought you those Balenciaga boots you wanted.” Jiwon chuckled from the sofa, truthfully she was clad in a pair of matching Gucci sweater and sweatpants.

“So, how was it?” Songah spoke.

“I just got back, and it feels weird.”

“What? You and Mark~”

“No, no, we haven’t discussed that yet. I meant my parents. My father.”

“I thought the wedding was called off?” Songah paused, Jiwon nodded back.

“My secretary told me that, I just feel uneasy because he hasn’t called me yet. By now, I’d be harassed by questions.” Jiwon pouted before picking up her blueberry muffin.

“Wait, you haven discussed what yet? You and Mark?” Songah looked up from her computer.

Jiwon sighed.

“I’m talking about my~”

“Your father messed up. Period. But, what about you and Mark? I mean~”

“But don’t you already now? Joey slipped in front of you.” Songah pointed out.

“Well, yes, but~”

“Why do you not have a label yet?” Songah was whining, Jiwon was out of words.

“You’re more worried about that? Ya, I might get disowned!”

“Mark can afford to~”

“Ya!”

Songah rolled her eyes at the girl before facing her computer again.

“What is wrong with you? The guy literally travelled just to~”

Jiwon ignored her and just lay flat on the sofa with a small smile on her face.

 

 

Jiwon was standing at the lobby, dressed in a ribbed bodycon dress that hugged her curves nicely, her Balmain coat was hanging on her Chanel purse’s strap.

Then a familiar Bentley stopped at the curb, she looked up and saw Mark slid down from his car.

“I said I’d go up to get you,” He was smiling as he walked to her.

“I got bored. How was work?” She asked him, Mark paused then he started to smile.

“What?” She blinked at him.

“Is it too early to ask?” Mark asked her before taking her hand in his.

“Ask what? What I want for dinner? I was hoping you made plans.” She said with a small pout.

“Not that, kissing me back, was that a yes?”

Jiwon paused, her brows knitted together.

I never meant to fall for you, Red. I mean, the moment I saw you at Jackson’s shop, I thought you were cool, typical rich brat,

Jiwon snorted, but Mark just squeezed her hand.

But, I didn’t know you’d be the rich brat who’ll flip my world upside down. I didn’t know you’d be the one to push me back to working for my family’s company.

I did? Wow.” Jiwon blurted, Mark chuckled.

So, seeing you struggle with Luhan made me realize. That, I wanted you. And that I was already falling for you so bad.

And you deserve someone better. Me.” He said in a cheeky tone which made her laugh.

I’m serious. I love you, Hong Jiwon. And you kinda need to help me out with this one.” He said softly. Jiwon bit her lip before wrapping her arms around him, Mark paused.

I guess I should.” She whispered before pulling away from him.

Yeah, kissing you back was my answer.” She pointed out, Mark started to smile before cupping her cheek.

 

So, food’s not my end game now. It’s you.” Mark said before pressing his lips against hers.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++