019

End Game

 

“It amazes me you haven’t bolted out yet.” Jinyoung commented as he browsed through the magazine, Mark looked up from his desk.

“It’s not like I have choice.” He replied, Jinyoung grinned to himself.

“I see you’re getting along well with Jiwon.” He spoke.

Mark paused, he looked away from his computer.

“She’s okay.” Mark said quietly, Jinyoung grew amused.

“Being back in this world doesn’t seem so bad with her along, huh?”

“Stop.” Mark sent him a look, Jinyoung chuckled.

“I heard she managed to charm your grandfather, she’s the one for you then.” He teased.

“She even got invited to lunch.” Jinyoung hummed, Mark shook his head at his friend.

“Jiwon..she’s.. different. She~” Mark halted when his phone started to ring, at the same time a text message from Jackson was sent to Jinyoung.

“It’s my father.” Mark was confused before picking up, Jinyoung opened the text and his eyes doubled in size.

“Hyung, you~”

Tuan Yi En! What are you thinking?!

Before he could reply, a window of a gossip blog flashed on his computer screen, Mark put his phone down and stood up.

“Ya, this is going to be~”

Jinyoung was cut off when Mark rushed out of his office.

 

 

Jiwon crossed her legs as she leaned back on her seat, the managers of their Gyeonju office continued with his report.

“This year’s income, we are expecting a slight~”

Jiwon tuned him out as soon as she saw her secretary enter the room,the male walked towards him with his phone in hand.

“Director,” He said quietly as kneeled beside her.

“What is it? Is something wrong?”

He handed the paper to her wordlessly, Jiwon balked.

“N—No, we..we were just there for a meal.” She said under her breath, the room turned quiet, the other managers were looking at her. 

There were at least fifty photos of her and Mark flashing on the screen, she felt her insides churn.

“Is something not to your liking, director?” One asked, Jiwon swallowed, her forehead creasing.

“I—I’m sorry, but can we continue this tomorrow?” She asked as she stood up.

“Of course, director.” They answered in unison as they stood up, two of Jiwon’s bodyguards escorted her out the room.

“I am so dead.” She muttered under breath.

"This isn't supposed to happen. People really won't give me a break."

 

 

“Cheers!” Songah said as she raised her beer, Jackson chuckled and raised his can.

“This isn’t how friendship is supposed to work.” Jaebum murmured, the three were at the car shop, enjoying some snacks when the news broke out.

Photos of Mark and Jiwon from yesterday were all over the internet and the news. The two were reportedly seen leaving a restaurant in downtown Seoul, and they were spotted at Haeundae beach having some fresh seafood at a local restaurant.

The photos would have been okay since it has been announced that LG and TGH were both working together on a project.

But, some of the photos showed Mark touching Jiwon’s hair and even sometimes placing one arm around her as they crossed the street.

“I love this photo.” Songah mused as she showed her phone to Jackson, Mark was tucking a lock of Jiwon’s hair behind her ear.

“Can you even imagine the pain Jiwon is in right now? Her parents might be yelling at her as of this moment,” Jaebum said dryly.

“But, do you see that? The Tuan is smiling. The Tuan boy smiles!” Jackson chuckled, Jaebum’s eyes went to the photos again.

“But it’s not right, they might just get hurt.” Jaebum tried to reason.

“Would you rather watch our Jiwon walk down the aisle to the wrong man, Im Jaebum-ssi?” Songah asked him, Jaebum exhaled.

One of the photos showed Jiwon laughing so openly as they walked.

“..No.”

 

 

Jiwon exited the elevator, her guards and secretary kept pace with her as she crossed the lobby without hesitation.

“Did you call our PR team?” She questioned as she walked.

“Yes, director. They are trying to trace where the photos came from and they’re just waiting on your statement.”

“Well, I~”

Jiwon halted by the doors. There was a familiar Bentley already parked outside, it was sandwiched by two black SUVs.

“It’s vice president,” She heard her secretary murmur, Jiwon went through the doors.

“Won,” Luhan walked to her. She paused, her brows knitting together.

“I—I didn’t know you were back.” She said.

“I knew I had to be when I saw the news.”

Jiwon stared at him confused.

“It’s been up since the wee hours of the morning, Won.” Luhan explained before opening his arms to her.

“Oh, I just..found out now. Luhan, I’m..I’m~” Jiwon’s eyes widened when she saw someone behind him.

Mark was leaning against his motorcycle just across the street. He was about to move when her brows met.

“Won, it’s fine. I already asked my team to delete those articles.” Luhan chuckled before pulling her in for a hug.

Jiwon stared back at Mark, then she gave him a small shake of her head.

Don’t.” She mouthed.

Mark paused and he looked away from her.

“Come, I think it’s best if we head back to Seoul together.” Luhan took her hand in his and opened the Bentley’s door for her.

Jiwon nodded and slid in the vehicle, she closed her eyes as she leaned back on the leather seat.

Mark watched as the fleet of Xi Holdings vehicles rolled away from the building across the street, his jaw clenched and unclenched.

tumblr_p0j0a97Tfg1wne1j9o4_r1_400.gif

His fists curled inside the pockets of his jacket.

“You keep on making things interesting, Luhan.” He murmured before picking up his helmet and putting it on.

 

I really might get interested.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++