011

End Game

 

“You careless girl!”

Jiwon looked away and puffed her cheeks.

“How could you just let this happen? Did you forget that people have their eyes on you now?”

“I didn’t know I was being watched, I was just doing my groce~”

“That excuse wont work, they all think that the reason of the wedding’s delay is you. Because you have a man somewhere!” Her father yelled, Jiwon wanted to roll her eyes.

“He’s just one of my friends, appa. You can’t possibly suggest that I stop seeing them.”

“Well, if it solves things, then yes.”

“That’s wrong, I~”

“What will Luhan think then? How do you think he felt when he saw that article?”

Jiwon closed , her brows scrunched together.

“You’re being very unprofessional right now, Jiwon-ah.”

“And, who is this man? A Singaporean?” He questioned her, Jiwon just took the paper from his desk.

“You don’t need to know.” She said flatly before leaving the office.

 

 

Mark was drumming his fingers against the car’s interior as he maneuvered his Bentley Continental GT away from his penthouse.

His grandfather had contacted him earlier and gave him quite an earful, it didn’t take long for the elders that he was the male in the photo, standing beside the famous LG heiress. Who was also engaged to another man.

Mark shook his head and just stepped on the gas.

He loosened his tie as he drove for his family’s company, he glanced at his phone as it started to ring.

“Hello?”

“Good morning, vice president.” His secretary chirped.

“I’m already on my way to the company. Do I have anything urgent to attend to?” Mark asked.

“Nothing really, sir. But you have to check the new proposal for our new project. The chairman wants you to meet our Korean partner for the project.”

“Yes, I’ll be there.” Mark ended the call before dialing Songah’s number.

Hey there, rich Singaporean boyfriend!” She greeted, Mark ignored the girl.

Can you give me Jiwon’s number?

 

 

Luhan looked up just as the doors opened, Jiwon was guided in by his secretary.

“Hey,” He said with a small smile, Jiwon bit her lip before taking the seat across him.

“I..already released a statement regarding the issue. I’m sorry.” She said softly, Luhan just nodded.

“It’s not your fault that those reporters invaded your privacy, Won.”

Jiwon looked at her fingers.

“It was that day, huh? You met up with Mark.”

She nodded.

“Are…you not going to tell me?” Luhan looked at her, Jiwon paused and titled her head at him.

“What?”

“That you two were never classmates.”

Jiwon’s eyes widened.

“Luhan, I…I..” She trailed off.

“I understand that you were a little unsure of introducing your friends to me, but..why would conceal the truth, Won?” He spoke softly.

“I just…I’m sorry, Luhan. I didn’t know it would..grow this big.”

“Then, is it true? Is he really..your boyfriend?”

“No.”

“Do you know him well? Do you know what his family does?”

Jiwon started to shake her head.

“I never was the type to ask, but all I can say is that he’s..a nice person. And I really feel bad that this happened.”

Luhan nodded and leaned back on his seat.

“The public don’t know that it was him, we don’t have to worry about that.” Jiwon stated.

“It’s not that I’m worried about. You.” Luhan looked at her, Jiwon peeled her gaze away from him.

“He seems like trouble, Won.”

Jiwon stared at him.

“I don’t think he is.” She said as she stood up, Luhan followed her.

“I still have a meeting. See you.” She said curtly before picking up her purse, Luhan was about to catch her arm but she moved back.

“Don’t worry, I’ll deal with my own problems myself.” She said quietly before leaving the room.

 

 

Jiwon shook her head as she slid down from the car, Luhan frustrated her earlier. She couldn’t even explain why she got so defensive.

“Wow, Red is in a bad mood.”

She paused and looked up, Mark was grinning at her.

“Thanks for answering my call.” He said as he pushed the door for her, they were at Jackson’s shop.

“What are we doing? We got involved in a scandal, and now we’re together again.” She muttered as she got in the building.

Jackson waved at her.

“I’m surprised you’re not asking me questions yet.” Mark mused at her as they sat down.

“I’m sure they did research on you, rich Singaporean boyfriend.” She pointed out, Jackson guffawed from afar.

Mark scrunched his nose at her.

“What did Luhan say?” Mark spoke, Jiwon shrugged at him before picking up the bag of chips before them.

“I didn’t know it would cause so much ruckus, Red. I’m sorry. You were right, I should have left you and let you carry all those things.” He nodded, Jiwon laughed.

“It was refreshing actually, my father was yelling at me earlier, and your words started to make sense.” She said lightly, Mark looked at her curiously.

“A choice.” She spoke before eating.

“What?”

“Nothing.” She grinned at him before crossing her legs, Mark shook his head before standing up and shaking his jacket off.

You’re wearing a skirt. We’re at a car repair shop, Won.” He said teasingly before dropping his coat on her lap.

I’ll go get us something to drink. Want anything?” He asked her, Jiwon fixed his coat over her lap before speaking.

A rich Singaporean boyfriend to fly me somewhere bright and sunny.” She replied. Mark snorted before walking away.

Diet Pepsi!” She called.

Got it, Won!” He cackled.

It’s Red for you, you brat!” Jiwon grinned.

 

Mark was smiling to himself as he stepped out of the shop.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++