032

End Game

 

Songah was skipping happily as she went into her office, she was about head home when she remembered she had some papers to review, she had her phone in hand as she walked to her desk.

“What are you so happy about?”

She paused, and turned, before she could acknowledge the lady sitting on the couch, her secretary came rushing in.

“I’m sorry, director, she said she was a friend and I asked her to wait~”

“No, it’s fine. You can go.” Songah said quickly, her forehead creased as she faced the girl.

“When did you get back?” She spoke, the girl chuckled before standing up.

“Is that how you’re going to welcome me?”

“Were you expecting me to jump for joy?” Songah replied before going to her seat, the girl smiled and shook her head.

“Not really,”

“Good, then you can also go.” Songah replied evenly.

“I want to talk to him, Song.”

Songah paused, she set her phone down on the desk and met the girl’s gaze evenly.

“Stop messing around. You’ve done enough.”

“She’s probably just a game to him, that girl. Hong Jiwon.” The girl shook her head with a small smirk.

“Unnie, don’t~”

“I’m going to get him back, Songah. And I don’t care what you think.” She stated before leaving the office.

 

 

Luhan looked away, his forehead furrowed. His parents were speaking with the Hongs and he chose to be quiet.

“We know how this will look and how talk will start, but the business deal is still on.”

Luhan bit his lip.

“How is she?” He finally spoke, he felt his parents’ gazes on him.

“Jiwon’s doing fine. She’s resting.” It was her grandfather who spoke, Luhan nodded back.

“Look, young man,” The elder spoke again, Luhan looked up.

“I…I have nothing against you, to be honest, I was okay with you marrying my granddaughter, but..I saw that she wasn’t happy and I knew that if I didn’t say anything, you both would end up getting hurt.”

Luhan bit his lip.

“Your granddaughter…she’s not hard to love.” He replied.

“I know.” The elder nodded back, Luhan exhaled before standing up.

“Just like planned the partnership will to go on, despite the cancellation of our wedding. I’ll be back for the meeting this Thursday.”

“Sure, we’ll be expecting you.” Jiwon’s father nodded before shaking the younger male’s hand.

“I’ll be going first, ma, pa.” Luhan said before leaving the room, he closed the doors behind him and exhaled.

“I guess I’m going to have to let you go, Won.”

 

 

“That went well, right?” Mrs. Tuan asked as they entered the Tuan home, Joey nodded.

“Well, gege didn’t try to smother me or something.”

“How could you confess for your brother, you idiot?” Mr. Tuan shook his head as he loosened his tie.

“I thought she already knew, he was going all out, how could jie jie miss that?” Joey murmured to himself before heading up to his room.

“How was it?”

“Pa!” Mrs. Tuan smiled as her father-in-law appeared from the study.

“We had lunch with Jiwon earlier, just like you said, we would meet her at the company.” Mr. Tuan said as they walked to the living room, the elder chuckled to himself.

“I know my grandson well. It was pretty obvious he’d be bringing her to the office.”

“We know that, but it just fed the rumors. I’m a little worried.” Mrs. Tuan said softly.

“Exactly, he wants to totally erase the Xi Holdings boy out of the picture.” The elder laughed proudly.

“Well, a smart move.” Mr. Tuan nodded along.

 

 

Mark saw Jiwon standing alone with a brown bag in hand, he noticed three males eyeing her briefly. Then one finally left his way and made his way towards.

Mark sighed before sliding down his car, Jiwon spotted him.

Just in time.” She spoke, the male paused and followed her gaze. Mark met his gaze, he raised his brows briefly, the male halted, recognizing who he was and he shrunk back to his seat.

I was worried that a drunk Jiwon would be greeting me out here.” He said playfully, Jiwon shook her head at him and they started to walk.

So, you thinking about going home?” Mark asked quietly, Jiwon bit her lip before glancing at him.

Can I ask you something, Tuan Yi En?

Shoot.” Mark smiled, he brushed her bangs away from her face, he noticed how Jiwon stilled at his touch.

His brows met briefly.

Your hair,” She started. Mark paused.

That spoiled brat and his loose mouth.” Mark hissed under his breath.

Jiwon blinked.

Mark, please don’t run Joey over with the Mustang,” She blurted, Mark halted and looked at her.

I—I mean, well, it—it’s not his fault. H—He assumed that we..we were..” She trailed off, not knowing how to continue.

She heard Mark exhale then he turned her gently face him.

Look, Red, I wanted to tell you. But, I didn’t want to stress you out.” He said softly, Jiwon bit her lip.

You had a lot of things going on, and I didn’t want to add to that.

But Mark~

You don’t..have to do this, you don’t have to adjust for me. I’m still Mark.” He gave her a small smile.

Mark, I…

Luhan may have claimed that I brainwashed you, but I don’t think that’s the case.

Well, that really was never the case.” Jiwon nodded along.

If you’re ready to go home, just tell me. I’m flying back to Seoul tomorrow, so, if you ever decide on anything, just give me a call.

Mark, I~

 

 

I don’t need an answer now. You’re here with me and you're safe, that’s all that matters.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++