017

End Game

Jiwon was on her phone as she walked out fo her office.

“Director,” Her director ran after her.

“Yes, yes, I’ll be expecting the documents by Friday…No, no. That wont be necessary.” She paused as her secretary reached her.

“I’ll have someone check on them again. I’ll see you this Friday then.” She said as she ended the call.

“What is it?” She spoke to her secretary as they got in the elevator.

“These need your approval, ma’am.” The male said as he handed her a pen, Jiwon leaned against the wall as she read the documents.

“Are you going out for lunch, ma’am? Your fiancé called a few minutes ago, he said you weren’t picking up.” He asked politely.

“Oh, Luhan?” She blinked before signing her name on the papers.

“Don’t worry, I’ll call him back.” She replied as the doors opened, her secretary followed her as she walked to the lobby, employees bowed as she passed by.

“Have my car prepared~” She paused when she saw a familiar male standing by the glass doors.

“Yes, dire~”

“She wont need her car.” Mark was grinning as he walked towards them, the secretary bowed.

“I thought I said I can go by myself.”

“Are you really going to start this “I can do things myself” conversation?” Mark mused, Jiwon’s secretary paused, wide-eyed. Nobody really dared to talk like that to his boss, but Jiwon just snorted at him.

“Fine. Go ahead.” Jiwon replied, Mark chuckled.

“I’ll be going then. Please check on manager Gong with the appointments this weekend.” Jiwon spoke, the male nodded before stepping away.

You’re busy. I’m sorry, my grandfather can be a little pushy.” Mark said as they walked towards the doors.

It’s fine, come to think of it, it’s part of work too.” Jiwon chuckled.

Oh, am I going to be categorized as Luhan number two now?” Mark asked dryly, Jiwon balked and looked around them.

Ya, keep it down.” She glared at him just as Mark’s Bentley arrived.

I’m not work, Red.” He mused as he opened the passenger door for her.

I know, you are trouble.” She replied before getting in the vehicle.

 

 

Luhan plucked out his earphones and pulled his cellphone out, he was panting as he pushed the STOP button on the treadmill.

“Won,” He smiled as he picked up.

“Hi, you called? I’m sorry, I was stuck in meetings the whole morning.” She said apologetically.

“It’s fine, I just wanted to check in on you. So, how’s everything so far?” Luhan checked the time.

“I’m trying to reach out to KM Financial, we partnered up two years ago for that UNICEF Charity thing.” She recounted.

We’re near.” A masculine voice made Luhan pause.

“I’m actually on my way to lunch, have you eaten?” Jiwon asked him.

Luhan’s brows met briefly.

“Lunch? Alone?” He replied.

“No, I was invited to lunch with the Tuans. TGH, remember?”

Luhan nodded, he stepped down from the treadmill and walked towards the locker room.

“Of course, I do. Who are you with?”

Red, we’re here. I’ll drop you off at the front. I have to park.” The male voice echoed again.

Luhan’s forehead creased.

Mark Tuan.

Ya, I’ll call you back. See you when you get home. Take care.Jiwon said before ending the call.

Luhan exhaled and before placing his phone down on the counter, he shook his head as he opened his locker and tossed his bag on bench.

He’s taking advantage of that partnership.” He muttered in Chinese before going to the showers.

 

 

Jiwon looked at her cup of tea.

“I’m glad you two get along so well.” Mr. Tuan said as their food was being served.

We kind of didn’t have choice but to get along.” Jiwon joked, the elder chuckled.

“My grandson can be a little difficult, Jiwon.”

Mark eyed the elder warily.

“Actually, Mark’s the one helping me out. There are a lot of things I don’t really understand,” Jiwon said as she picked up her chopsticks.

Mark paused, he looked at the girl.

“Oh, really?”

“Yes, especially about the construction stuff. I like being hands-on but, this is a new thing for me.” She finished.

“Right, you shouldn’t let a woman visit the field alone, Yi En.”

“Oh, don’t worry, we already made plans to visit the site together this week,” Jiwon nodded quickly.

“We did?” Mark looked at her, Jiwon just sent him a look.

“Well, this is refreshing, seeing a young lady like you take over. Your father is very lucky to have daughter like you, Jiwon.”

“Your praise me too much, Mr. Tuan.”

“Yeah, I’m your grandson, remember?” Mark pointed out as he ate, his grandfather ignored him and just continued chatting with the Hong young lady.

“Heol. It’s like I don’t exist.” He said darkly, then he watched as Jiwon chatted with his grandfather, the elder was laughing as the girl recounted her first day at work and how she messed up all the directors’ names.

Jiwon caught him staring, he paused, but the girl just smiled at him and raised her shoulders.

“Good job.” He mouthed before looking away to hide his smile.

 

 

“She’s meeting the Tuans? Now?”

Jiwon’s father nodded.

“That’s good then, I heard my friend’s in town. But he invited my granddaughter instead.” The Hong elder chuckled as he thought of his friend.

“I’m worried it might start talk again, abeoji.” Mrs. Hong spoke as she picked up her wine.

“Talk? Our companies are working on a project.” He replied.

“Still, she’s seen a lot with the young Tuan.” Jiwon’s father stated.

The elder leaned back on his seat.

“He’s a Tuan, Jiwook-ah.” His father told him.

“Abeoji, you’re not trying to pair her up with your friend’s grandson, are you?”

“When did I say that? I’m just happy our Jiwon’s making new friends.” The elder shrugged before picking up his utensils again.

“Didn’t you say she’s getting along with that Xi boy you matched her with. Why worry about her now?” He added.

“Jiwon’s been a little careful about it, that’s why we’re worried.” Mr. Hong met his father’s gaze.

“Well, as long as she’s happy, all is good for me.” The elder nodded before chewing.

 

 

Jiwon pulled her coat closer to her as the black Rolls Royce sped away from the restaurant’s curb.

I hope that didn’t stress you out.” Mark commented.

No, I haven’t spoken in straight Mandarin for a while.” She nodded along.

“So, Busan?” Mark asked as he took out his car key.

“I have plans going this Saturday, with Luhan.”

Mark paused, Jiwon was checking her phone.

“Oh, I didn’t know he’s flying back this weekend.” Mark replied, Jiwon glanced up at him.

“Yeah, we can just meet there.” Jiwon said.

“I—I’ll get the car then,”

“No, let’s just walk together.” Jiwon shook her head before walking ahead of him.

Mark’s brows rose briefly, then he glanced to his left, the two males he noticed at the car park earlier were standing by the restaurant’s doors.

“It’s like he never even left.” Mark said under his breath, then he halted when Jiwon hooked her arm with his.

“Can we grab ice cream?” She asked him as they reached the parking lot, Mark faced her, his brows meeting for a moment.

“You sure you’re not needed back at work?” He asked her, Jiwon snorted.

“Work?”

Mark grinned and shook his head at her.

“I’m sure I can skip a few hours of it.” She mused as they reached his car, Mark faced her.

“Then, let me kidnap you then.” Mark said to her.

“Huh?”

“Let’s drive to Busan.” Mark said before tucking a lock of her hair behind her ear, Jiwon blinked at him.

“Mark, we have~”

Mark opened the car’s door and ushered her in.

“We can’t just head off to Busan now.” Jiwon said, Mark grinned at her.

“Of course, we can, gongzhu.” Mark said before closing the door, he glanced behind him and saw the two males heading back to their waiting SUV.

 

Mark smirked before going around his Bentley and driving away from the building.

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++