Chapter 54

Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Plonking her bag on the chair, she sat on the edge of the bed, staring at her phone in her hand, trying to work up her courage to hit the call button. She sighed and threw her phone to the other side of her bed and flopped down. 

"This isn't right," she whispered to herself. She had no idea what she was thinking or how she felt about it right now. She closed her eyes. Her mind was a complete blank. She had no idea what she should do next. She knew she could keep busy, do something to distract herself from thinking about her crush but she can't. Just thinking of her, no just heard her name already makes her heartbeat beat uncontrollably. She opened her eyes and found herself staring up at the white expanse of the ceiling as she tried to clear her mind but just after a few minutes, her eyes shifted to her handphone on the other side. Then she rolled over to grab her phone and she mustered her courage once again. This time she decided to send her messages but she never thought that sending messages also makes her so nervous. After struggling for few minutes of typing and deleting the content, she groaned as she rolled over and pressed her pillow over her ears feeling frustrated and cowardly in herself. 

A few knocks on her door but there was no response. The door slowly opens and a woman wearing white stood leaning against the doorframe with her arms folded at her chest, watching and pondered on her daughter's unusual behaviour.

Her mum spoke up, " Yerin ar, what are you doing?"

She blinked, snapping out of her trance upon hearing her mum's voice. 

"Is something bothering you?" her mum asked. Yerin immediately sat up straight in her bed to gain her composure as she answered, "No, mum."

"Are you sure?" Yerin nodded instantly as her mum's continue, "Dinner is ready. Let's go in the dining room." she turned her back and headed back to the dining room. Yerin sighed at her despairing thought, leaving her handphone still on her bed and walked over to the door. She heading to the wooden chair and sat at the dining table opposite her mum whom busy scooping the soup to the small bowl. As they started to eat, her mum took a few glances at her daughter. Her daughter does seem to be getting very absentminded these few days.

 

"Here, have some chicken. Don't only eat white rice." Her mum picked a piece of steamed chicken and placed it into Yerin's bowl, before doing the same for herself. 

For the next minutes, the only sounds that could be heard were those chopsticks against the bowl. Her mum frowned as scooped rice into . The silence atmosphere was getting on her nerves. Yerin never been this quiet before. 

"The food doesn't taste good?" she asked Yerin, trying to break the silence. 

Yerin swallowed hard and replied quickly, "No. It's good. You know right, your food are always tastes the best." 

Her mum chuckled," I thought you already feel bored eating the food that i cook. So what's in your mind? Mind to share with your mum?"

Yerin turn to be mildly shocked, avoiding her gaze was the first thing she did but she can feel that her mum's intense gaze still fixed on her. She glanced up and forced a fake smile as she busy scooping the rice into . Her mind was in chaos, thinking how to response. She has to change the topic as soon as possible before her mum discover her secret. As her eyes were darting around before resting on the dishes infront of them.

"Mum, you've cooked so many dishes! This looks like a feast for 3 to 4 people! Any special occasion or are we having guests coming over for dinner?"

"Ohh, her gaze turned to the dishes upon hearing Yerin mention about it, "Yes. It's a guest. She will be late for abit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter