32: Cookie

Sugar & Cookie (A yoonkook fanfiction)

Jungkook felt like he was drowning. Drowning in that clear blue water. No matter how much he tried to swim, flapping his arms and legs, but it was upto no avail. Instead he felt himself sinking deeper and deeper. His eyes searched. Searched for some exit. For some help. Desparate to come out. But it was dark A little too dark for him to see anything. His lungs already feeling heavy for holding his breath for too long. But he tried. He didn't give up. His eyes getting drowsy as his flapping decreased and his breathing ragged. He couldn't. He was tired. His lungs burned and his head was spinning. Yoongi He whispered softly in his mind. Scared he might never see him again. His beautiful pale face flashed in front of his eyes. He smiled. He smiled at his hyung looking at him, outstretching his arm from him. Jungkook raised his hand to grab onto his but Poof He was gone Panic grew in his chest. He left. His hyung left him. A voice echoed around him in that water. He left because you didn't work hard He left because you don't deserve him GASP Jungkook gasped loudly as he woke up straight, his eyes wide and his head pounding. He looked around the unfamiliar room. His eyes finally falling at the sleeping man beside him. Yoongi hyung Jungkook visibly relaxed at the sight. He was here. Right here beside him. He didn't leave him. His throat was too dry from the dehydration. He tried reaching for the glass of water beside the hospital bed, but a sharp pain shooted through his forehead. "Jungkook..." Yoongi looked up at the sound of a loud groan. Surprise masked his face as he saw Jungkook sitting and looking at him. "You're awake!!!" Jimin yelled from the sofa behind. He was an incredibly light sleeper same as Yoongi. He smiled widely and ran tackling Jungkook in a hug. Oh but not without tripping himself over the table on his way. His clumsiness doesn't stop in any situation. Yoongi shook his head at the stupid midget and got up pouring some water in a glass from the jug. "J-Jimin hyung I can't breathe" Jimin finally released the younger from his dead grip and ran outside the room yelling on his way about telling everyone else. "Here" Jungkook looked up to see Yoongi holding a glass of water for him. He smiled gratefully and took the glass. But he frowned at little when he didn't receive a smile in return. "I'll go inform the doctor. I'll be back. Just lay down. Okay?" Jungkook just nodded at his words. He placed the empty glass back on the table and laid down. He blinked staring at the white ceiling as Yoongi's expressionless face flashed his mind. Was hyung not happy I woke up? Maybe he thought I was a nuisance and shouldn't wake up at all. Nahh he said he loves me. But what if he doesn't love me anymore because all I do is create more trouble for everyone. He didn't even smile. He had his cold poker face. I should apologize. Yeah I should. Maybe I- "How are you feeling, Mr. Jeon?" Jungkook snapped back to reality at the unfamiliar voice. He tried to raise himself up, but the doctor stopped saying it's alright. The doctor asked those usual questions checking the young Idol's health status. But in the silence, a loud ring broke out. "Hm excuse me. I have to take this call" Yoongi answered the call walking out of the door, making sure he closed the door softly behind him. Jungkook signed, looking back at the retreating figure until he was out of sight. He felt sad. He wanted him hyung to shower him with kisses. Even Jimin hugged him while Yoongi didn't even break a smile. The doctor noticed the crestfallen look on his patient. He saw the way he looked at Yoongi when he walked away. "He was worried sick about you" "That's rather hard to believe" Jungkook mumbled but it didn't go unheard. "He was sobbing on the floor holding you on his lap covered in blood when I came. But he still didn't forget to tie your wound. It literally saved your life. You could've bleed to death. Then I noticed his shirt was torn. He tied your wound with his shirt. He refused to leave your side at all. He even said that the word love is not enough to describe how he feels about you. He is in love with you. So deep. I can see it in his eyes. I wish I got such pure, true love too. But I guess I was out of luck. But I have my adorable daughter that I love to death. I consider myself luckiest on that part." The doctor smiled at the end as he finished redressing the wound. While Jungkook just looked unfocused with tears streaming down his face. He hates himself for doubting the older even for a second. It was unfair and rude to decide and assume anything so quickly. He wiped his cheeks and wondered whether he deserved such a beautiful human's love. But his heart ached at the thought of Yoongi loving someone else like this. No. He was too selfish to let him go. He doesn't care if he is on the receiving end. He will live his whole life making up to the older. "Sorry It was-" Yoongi walked in but he quickly ran to Jungkook's side at the sight of his tears. His biggest weakness. " Jungkookie..why are you crying? Does it hurt? Is it that painful? Doctor, can you give some painkillers? I think he-" Jungkook just cried harder and clung on the older. Yoongi wrapped his arms around him, whispering sweet nothings, trying to calm him down. But that sweet gesture made Jungkook cry even harder than before. Panic rose in Yoongi's chest. He looked alarmed at the doctor, his eyes begging to ease Jungkook's pain. But doctor just mouthed that he is fine but shocked before taking his leave. Yoongi's arms tightened as he kissed the top of his head and drew invisible circles on his back. When the younger finally calmed down, Yoongi brushed his hair asking him ever so softly. "What's wrong kookie?" "H-Hyung.. I-I just love you much hyung.. and I'm so grateful for everything you do hyung. Thank you so much. I love you. I love you so ing much. And I'm sorry for causing so much trouble. I don't deserve you" Yoongi smiled softly at the younger's words. He was scared that he was hurting or something. But he was glad that he was okay. "I don't kookie. I don't love you if you don't love your own self. I can't do that kookie-ah" Yoongi pulled away as he spoke. Looking deep in his eyes. Jungkook just hung his head low. Knowing what he was trying to say. "You are an amazing person. So beautiful and talented. But you don't need to prove that to anyone. You do what you want Jungkook. Heck you don't even own them any explanation if they tell you otherwise. We make music because we like it. Not because we have to. I want you to feel the music Jungkook, not feel pain and exhaustion while making it. You're beautiful and you deserve everything you have, so hold your head high and smile. Your hyung will be very happy." Jungkook nodded his head brushing away his tears with the back of his hand and gave his big genuine bunny smile. Yoongi smiled involuntarily at the sight and kissed his cheeks. "Yaah let me go first" "No I will" "I wanna see if he is alright" "Move out of the way es" "Shut up you horse face" "I WANT TO CHECK ON JUNGKOOK AND NOW IF YOU ARE DONE WITH YOUR CHILDISH BULL. LET ME THOROUGH" "THIS IS A ING HOSPITAL, NOT YOUR OWN LA LA LAND.... DON'T SCREAM" ". S-Sorry ma'am. Sorry" "Sorry" Jungkook and Yoongi looked at each other before bursting out laughing at their idiotic members.