30: Cookie

Sugar & Cookie (A yoonkook fanfiction)

Nothing

That's exactly how Yoongi felt as he stared at the unconscious Jungkook lying on the white sheets. Those needles piercing in his soft skin and the machine beeped, monitoring his heartbeat.

The grip he had on the limp hand got tighter as he heard a soft knock on the hospital door. He looked up to see a man in his mid 30's walk in with a smile. From that white coat and stethoscope around his collar, he knew it was the doctor.

"You're Min Yoongi right?"

Yoongi just gave a curt nod in reply, looking back again at his love on the bed. He heard the other clear his throat before he spoke again.

"You don't need to worry about him. He just hit his head when he fainted from exhaustion. We're keeping him under observation if he gets a concussion when he wakes up"

The doctor explained that everything is fine. But it wasn't enough. Yoongi laced his fingers with the younger while asked.

"When will he wake up?"

"He should in 24hours as we gave him some Benzodiazepines because his body needs rest. Oh Benzodiazepines are-"

"Hypnotic or sleeping drugs. I know"
Yoongi muttered softly. But the room was silent. Too silent for the whisper to go unheard.

"And that first aid you gave him by typing his wound, safe alot of his blood"

Yoongi just hummed in response, his eyes never leaving the younger's face.

The doctor smiled at the smart young man in front of him. He knew he was in love. Even a blind man could see how he looks at the younger.

"You love him, don't you?"

"Today I realised that the word 'love' isn't enough to describe how I feel about him."
Yoongi looked at the man as he spoke. His eyes looking for any type of assurance. He stiffen when he felt a hand drop on his shoulder.

"He is perfectly alright"

That would be enough

Yoongi finally let out a breath of relief that he didn't know he was holding. All the members along with their manager were waiting outside since no one was allowed in room. The boy needs his sleep. But Yoongi threatened to sue anyone dared separate him from the younger. They had no other choice but to let him be with Jungkook.

***

"Hy..."

"Hyun.."

"Hyung"

"Hyung!!!"

Yoongi jerked up from his daydream looking around at any sign of danger. He stood in front of Jungkook in a defensive stance.

"It's just me. Don't get so paranoid."
Jimin whispered not wanting to disturb the maknae. Yoongi relaxed but glared sharply at Jimin.

"What do you want?"

"You"

Yoongi raised his eyebrows clearly not amused.

"I want you to go home and take a shower. You still have all the blood on you"
Jimin pointed his chubby index finger at the the stained white t-shirt which was now pretty red. He even pointed at the hands covered in blood. Anyone would mistake him for a brutal murder. It was the last thing Jimin wanted at the moment.

"No"
Yoongi refused. No way he would leave Jungkook's side. No way in the hell he would. What if he suddenly needed blood? He could donate some. Even though that was impossible. Yoongi knew his concerns were totally stupid. But he just couldn't leave.

"I'll sit with him. I'll call you immediately if he wakes up."
Jimin smiled softly trying to convince the older.

"No"

"Hyung......you look like a ing murder. What if Jungkook freaks out seeing you like this?"
Jimin finally said it.

Yoongi looked at his hands. The blood painfully reminded his hands that they weren't fast enough. He wasn't fast enough to catch his Jungkookie. His hands clenched tightly, his nails digging in his palms

His hands clenched tightly, his nails digging in his palms

I'm sorry Jungkook-ah

I'm so sorry

I failed as a hyung

As a boyfriend

As a lover

As a person

I'm so sorry

Yoongi started walking out of the room but he pause right in front of door and took a quick glance behind over his shoulders.

***

Jin laid his head on the leader's shoulder beside him. The anxiousness he had slowly melted as he felt Namjoon's hands slip into his, lacing them together in a tight grip. It was way of him showing he was here. He was here for him. For Jungkook. 
He looked at the right to see Hoseok hugging and calming Taehyung down who was crying hysterically. 
Jungkook was his other best friend beside Jimin. His perfect partner in crime. His overwatch hero. Tae broke down in his boyfriend's embrace. While Hoseok kept explaining that the maknae is just fine. 

Jin looked back at Namjoon to see him looking directly at him. He gave a small smile. But it quickly disappeared at the sight of Yoongi entering the lobby. It has barely been half an hour since he left and he was already here. All cleaned up. Jin's eyes followed him as he sat down on the chair at the end. His head casted down, eyes glaring at the floor.

Jin sensed something was wrong but he pushed that thought away not wanting to pry too much since Yoongi never really liked it

Jin sensed something was wrong but he pushed that thought away not wanting to pry too much since Yoongi never really liked it. After a few more minutes of burning a hole on the floor, Yoongi got up and went back into the younger's room.

Yoongi signed as he saw Jungkookin the same state he left him. Jimin was asleep on the couch to the right. Yoongi went over to the mochi and placed a blanket over his small frame. He didn't sleep since yesterday. No one did. All of them were too scared to even blink their eyes. Scared that their maknae would disappear forever. But now they know everything is fine. Jungkook is fine.

Yoongi sat on the chair beside the younger's bed. His fingers brushed a few strands of those dark hair away from his face. His expression turned tender but it quickly disappeared, going back to his previous blank face.

"Hyung, come here"
A soft voice called him out from behind. He saw Jimin now sitting wide awake gesturing the older to sit beside him.

"What?"

"Come here and sleep "
Yoongi  frowned and shook his head before turning his attention back to Jungkook.

"Hyung..."

"You're not my mom, Jimin. Stop it"

"Want me to call Jin hyung?"
Jimin challenged smirking, his eyebrows raised and his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"Fine"
Yoongi rolled his eyes but agreed. Last thing he wanted was Jin nagging him for hours and disturbing the maknae's sleep. He already had a headache settled in. He was too tired to argue.

Yoongi walked to the couch and laid there besides Jimin. Jimin smiled and took the older's head and placed it on his lap. Yoongi hissed and resisted but quickly gave up since his eyes felt heavy and he drifted off to sleep. But one thought lingered in his mind

I love you Jungkookie