31: Sugar

Sugar & Cookie (A yoonkook fanfiction)

I was overflowing with ideas of writing.

So I wrote this chapter. It's short. Quite short with full of feels and insights.

The birds chirped happily at the sight of first of sunlight seeping through the clouds like every other day. Yoongi blinked at those cheerful voices which indicating him it's already sunrise. He took a glance at his watch which glowed 4 am.

Jungkook was still asleep

He just couldn't sleep not knowing when the younger would wake up. He just wanted to see those big round eyes staring at him with a spark of light that he usually does, giving off an innocent look. Yes he makes fun of the members, tease them, bully them but he is still the most innocent one. Of course besides those kinks.

Innocence is never limited to the amount of instincts you have. Innocence according to Yoong, is doing something just because you want to without having an hidden ulterior motive. Innocence is not hiding your true self. Teasing others just to get a reaction out of it, is Innocence.

Jungkook's never ending teases were too innocent for the older to ever ask him to stop. He never did. Heck even if he , he never told him to stop.

He chuckled softly at the recent memory of Jungkook teasing him for being nervous at the AMA's. He kept teasing him that he will cry like he did during their first win of MAMA. Even during they're Vlive. As usual, the older just blushed and ignored it. You might not see the redness of his cheeks under the layer foundation but you can surely see that shy smile and that loss of eyes contact.

You might not see the redness of his cheeks under the layer foundation but you can surely see that shy smile and that loss of eyes contact

A dull pain ached through his chest. He didn't want the younger to loose this innocence, loose this light. And if you're wondering why Yoongi is over-reacting at such a small incident. It was a fall. A small cut on his forehead.

Because he perfectly guessed out what happened. Namjoon is the leader. But surprisingly Yoongi is one who connects with the emotions of the members. Of course he is still awkward at expressing it. But no one else can understand other's feelings better than him.

It didn't take much time for Yoongi to join the dots.

He remembered Jungkook walking into his studio and just standing there looking at him.

He remembered Namjoon and Jhope discussing about the number of songs they have written at the dinner table in front of everyone.

He remembered Jimin mentioning about posting a dance cover video during their dance practice.

He remembered Jin nagging Jungkook for skipping meals.

He remembered Jungkook getting up in the middle of the night to stare at his own reflection in the bathroom.

He remembered Taehyung complaining about Jungkook not playing overwatch with him anymore.

He remembered Jungkook asking Jimin for letting him join in his dance cover.

He remembered Jungkook coming home not before 11

He remembered Jungkook posting a cover song (only then) on twitter

He remembered everything

Jungkook is insecure

No no not in his relationship with Yoongi. But insecure as a member of Bangtan. He is called the Golden maknae. A title comes with alot of expectations. Yoongi's heart aches at the burden a small kid carries around on his broad shoulders.

He was just ing 20 for 's sake

Yoongi brushed the soft dark hair pecking his forehead. He hates Jungkook for thinking he doesn't deserve to be here. He hates him more when he thinks he doesn't do much or doesn't work hard enough. He hates him the most for freaking overworking himself until he collapsed.

He hates him so damn much

But he loves him

Love is an understatement

Yoongi lets out nth sign, slumping back into the chair, closing his eyes as he rubbed his face with his hands. He looked at the peaceful Jimin in the back. He was grateful for the mochi for being there for him. His eyes went back to Jungkook.

He stared at him waiting for him to wake the up