In A Mess

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

16th April, 7.30pm, 17°C

Tiffany just got back into her hotel room. She was exhausted physically and emotionally. It was indeed a long day for her. Actually she had reached Seoul from Jeonju way earlier but she went straight to her lawyer’s office to further discuss on her visitation rights to her daughter. She had informed her lawyer that she intended to leave the country as soon as the matter was settled. Her lawyer said that the issue would take some time for the court to settle unless both Nickhun and her could come up with a visitation schedule themselves. The lawyer had advised her to take some time off to focus on herself because it was uncertain for him to give an exact time when the issue would be solved.

With that, she had decided to just go to London and try to get her mind straight since there was nothing left for her there. Her parents did try to contact her several times but she just didn’t want to be disturbed during this difficult situation. Plus she knew what her mother would say to her. It was better for her to avoid it totally.

As soon as she reached the hotel room, she went to take a long shower and after that she ordered room service for dinner. She sat in front of the TV and switched on whatever channel she could find while waiting for the food. Suddenly, her phone rang and she took a look at it and it was Taeyeon. Taeyeon probably had tried to contact her 10 times already ever since she left Jeonju abruptly. She still decided not to answer it. She felt like being alone at the time.

DING DONG

Tiffany stood up from the couch and made her way towards the door. She straightaway opened the door and instantaneously turned around as she expected that it would be room service. “You can put the food in the living room.” She said to the person while she was walking back to the living room of the suite.

 “Tiffany..”

Tiffany immediately stopped and slowly turned around. She was surprised to see Sooyoung was standing there at the door. Both of them just stood there silently looking at each other for a few seconds before Sooyoung broke the silent.

“Can I come in?” She mumbled slowly.

“Yes sure.” Tiffany let out a sigh as she ran her fingers through her hair. Sooyoung slowly stepped inside the suite and then she gently closed the door. Then she turned around and looked at the woman again. Even Tiffany was somehow a bit thinner than before, but she was still beautiful as always. She had no make up on and she looked divine.

“I’m sorry to show up like this.” Sooyoung braved herself to speak.

“I don’t know why you’re here. But if you’re here to insult me, I don’t think I can do this right now Sooyoung.” Tiffany pleaded. She was emotionally exhausted. There was literally nothing left inside her to fight it. Sooyoung felt guilty the moment she heard the woman’s words. She knew it was harsh of her to humiliate Tiffany earlier that afternoon.

“I’m sorry.  I came here to talk.” Sooyoung mumbled softly.

DING DONG

“That must be room service.” Tiffany sighed. She then walked towards the door and slowly passed by the girl. Sooyoung walked further inside the room and went to the living room. A few minutes later, Tiffany appeared at the living room with the hotel’s employee.

“Just placed it on the table. Thank you so much.” Tiffany forced a smile and handed a tip to the guy. “Enjoy your dinner Ms Tiffany.” The guy smiled and politely exited the suit.

Tiffany then looked at So

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter