Time

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Both Sooyoung and Tiffany were in the car and they were heading to the mall nearby. Sooyoung was stealing few glances to the woman next to her. Tiffany was wearing sunglasses at the time and she could still see that Sooyoung was looking at her.

“Are you okay?” Tiffany asked softly. “I asked you that a lot haven’t I?” Tiffany said as soon as she realized it.

“Yes.” Sooyoung giggled a bit. “You need to talk to me more.” Tiffany suggested. “You are too quiet sometimes.” Tiffany added. “I’m sorry.” Sooyoung apologized again for the 100 times. “Sooyoung, if I heard you say sorry again, I would knock you on the head.” Tiffany joked.

“I don’t mind.” Sooyoung smiled jokingly. Tiffany was just smiling to herself. They went to a restaurant to have lunch first before heading to the movies. They were sitting in front of each other. Sooyoung noticed that the woman’s eyes were somehow a bit puffy.

“Did you have a good night sleep last night?” Sooyoung bravely asked after the waiter had taken their orders. “Hmm not that much.” Tiffany admitted.

“Why?” Sooyoung asked back.

“I was thinking about you.” Tiffany smiled. Sooyoung went blushing. “Hmm I’m sorry for storming out of your house.” Sooyoung mumbled. “Taeyeon was a bit rough on you last night.” Tiffany said as she looked at the girl. “I guess she hates me.” Sooyoung mumbled slowly, but loud enough for Tiffany to hear.

“Don’t say that. She’s a bit jealous I guess.” Tiffany replied. “Why would she be jealous?” Sooyoung asked again. Tiffany chose not to answer the question. Then she checked on her phone because there was an incoming text.

It was from Nickhun. He sent her a picture of Emily playing at the park. Tiffany then smiled to herself. She just couldn’t express how much she missed her daughter. Tiffany then showed the picture to Sooyoung.

“Look at her.” Tiffany smiled. Sooyoung smiled as well. “She’s so cute.” Sooyoung replied. “I just miss her so much.”

“When is she coming back?” Sooyoung asked. “On the 3rd.” Tiffany replied. Sooyoung was a bit surprised that the woman couldn’t spend Christmas and New Year with her own daughter. “Is it always like this?” Sooyoung asked again.

“It’s the first time after the divorce.” Tiffany sighed as she then landed her back on the seat. Sooyoung could sense a bit of frustration on the tone. “Your ex-husband doesn’t make it easy for you is it?” Sooyoung asked again. Surprisingly she was full with questions that day. Tiffany just stared at her.

“I’m sorry. I won’t ask again.” Sooyoung mumbled as she looked down.

“No don’t stop. I like it when you ask questions.” Tiffany smiled. Sooyoung could not help but to blush. The smile just captivated her deeply.

“That’s how it is when you are divorced.” Tiffany responded calmly. “Were the both of you in love?” Sooyoung asked. “Hmm I guess so. We were married for 8 years. I would be lying if they weren’t any feelings between us.” Tiffany smiled. “He did say I was his first l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter