Destiny

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ you Tiffany!!! I can’t even look at you right now!!” Nickhun screamed out loud towards his ex-wife. “You were supposed to bring her back in the evening!” Tiffany screamed out loud. She knew there was nothing she could do to justify what just happened. Both Emily and Nickhun saw her with Sooyoung on the couch earlier.

“Oh now it’s my fault for wanting to surprise your daughter by bringing her back early???” Nickhun reasoned out sarcastically. Emily on the other hand was crying on her father’s arms seeing her parents screaming at each other like that. Tiffany didn’t know what else to say.

“You disgust me!!” Nickhun screamed again. “Emily doesn’t deserve this.” He added. “You’re not getting her that’s for sure.” Nickhun said before she lifted his daughter and carried her in his arms and stormed out of the house.

“No! Nickkk!!” Tiffany cried out loud and quickly ran out to catch them. “Don’t do this to me!!” She screamed as she forcedly tried to take Emily away from the guy. At that point Emily was crying even louder than before.

Nickhun’s strength was just far greater than Tiffany was so it was easily for him to block her off. “Nick please don’t so this to me.. She’s my daughter!!” Tiffany sobbed.

“Mummyyy..” Emily cried for her.

“See you in court.” Nickhun said in disgust before she brought Emily back in his car and drove away.

Sooyoung was instructed to go upstairs the moment Emily and Nickhun appeared unexpectedly in the house and witnessed them on the couch. At that moment, she was sitting on the stairs trying to listen to what was happening downstairs. Tears were running down her face. She just didn’t know how to describe her feelings at the time. That was the first time she heard Tiffany screamed and cried like that.

She heard the car drove away from the porch and she quickly ran down the stairs to check on the woman. Tiffany was on the ground crying to herself. Sooyoung went outside in the cold and ran towards her.

“Tiffany..” She straightaway hugged the woman on the ground. “I’m.. so.. sorry.” She said in between tears. It was heartbreaking to see Tiffany like that. Tiffany at the time was crying heavily on Sooyoung’s arm. Sooyoung held on Tiffany’s arms and guided the woman inside the house since it was really freezing outside.

Tiffany couldn’t stop crying. “I’m gonna lose her..” She mumbled in between tears. “I’m gonna lose her.” She repeated the exact same thing over and over again. Sooyoung quickly looked at her. “You are not going to lose her.” She said.

Nothing Sooyoung said could make her feel any better. She was crying so bad that she fell asleep on the couch, the same couch that they spent the night together last night. Sooyoung sat on the couch next to the sleeping woman and just stared at her. Tears were running down her face. She felt terribly guilty over what happened. Maybe it was her fault. It was her fault for coming there at the first place. Then she took the blanket and covered Tiffany up. She then went upstairs as she decided to take a shower.

Sooyoung went out of the shower 20 minutes later and the moment she was out of the toilet, she saw Tiffany was sitting on her bed with her red puffy eyes.

“Tiff..” She mumbled slowly looking at the woman. The woman was clearly in a mess.

“I’m going to stay with my parents for a few days.” Tiffany revealed. “Or at least till I get this sorted out.” She added slowly. Sooyoung was speechless. She didn’t know what else to say. She didn’t even know what to feel at that moment. “I can’t lose Emily.” Tiffany mumbled softly with a crack voice.

Tiffany then stood up from the bed and walked towards Sooyoung. She felt so weak and exhausted. She then held on Sooyoung’s arms. “Tomorrow is your first day for the writing programme. I want you to attend the class and make me proud.” Tiffany forced a smile. Suddenly tears fell down her cheek.

“I’m sorry.” Sooyoung mumbled and without her noticing, tears were also overflowing her cheek. “It’s not your fault. Never your fault.” Tiffany smiled.

“I want you stay here and wait for me.” Tiffany instructed softly. Sooyoung didn’t say a word back. “Regardless of what might happen, will you wait for me?” Tiffany went on to ask. Sooyoung nodded her head with tears running down heavily. Then they hugged each other tightly and then they shared a kiss together.

****

29th January, 7.30pm, 12°C

Three weeks had passed by so quickly. Sooyoung had been attending the writing program without missing a single class. She took the train to the national theatre every day. Truthfully told, she didn’t know whether she enjoyed the class or not. She wasn’t focusing and clearly she wasn’t performing in class as well.

And for those three weeks, she had not seen Tiffany. They did text a few times two weeks ago and that was it. She tried texting the woman everyday but the text was not delivered and even when she tried calling, the call couldn’t go through. She did try to ask the staff at the national theatre whether Tiffany had come to the office but sadly, no. She had been crying in bed every night because she missed the woman so badly.

The time was 8.30PM and Sooyo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter