Hangover

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany woke up the next morning with another terrible headache. That was twice in a row. Last night was just crazy. Despite having a headache, she still went with Taeyeon to Gyeonggi again. Her arm was resting on her forehead with her eyes closed. Taeyeon was sleeping in the guest room since she was terribly drunk last night, she could not even stand up.

Suddenly, her phone rang. She lazily grabbed her phone on the desk and looked at the screen. It was her mother.

“Yes mother.” She answered. She totally had forgotten to call her mother yesterday.

“You are celebrating Christmas with Nick and Emily whether you like or not.”

“Mother.” Tiffany replied calmly. “Tiffany, no excuses. At least do this for Emily.” Her mother instructed. Tiffany went silent. Then heard someone opened the bedroom door. It was Taeyeon. She just woke up from her sleep and she seemed fine. Tiffany was surprised after all the drinks they had last night, Taeyeon didn’t have a hangover.

Taeyeon went inside her room and climbed on the bed. She lay next to Tiffany.

“Tiffany, are you listening to me?”

“Yes mother.”

“Your daughter deserve better, you know that.” Her mother said. “You need to get your together” She added.

“I’m fine mother.” Tiffany replied. “That’s not what I heard. Where have you been last night? Went drinking?” She asked. “Mother, I gotta go.” Tiffany quickly ended the call. She just didn’t want to deal with her complicated mother that morning.

“Hey.” Tiffany turned to look at Taeyeon who was lying next to her on the bed. “Are you okay?” Taeyeon asked. “Not really.” Tiffany smiled weakly. “Gosh, you are so bad at drinking.” Taeyeon laughed.

“I know right.” Tiffany covered her face with a pillow.

“Wanna go get something to eat? Before I lock myself in.” Taeyeon said. She was referring to the urgent deadline she said yesterday. She had to read and refine a 500 pages manuscript and she had to finish it within a week.

“My head is spinning.” Tiffany mumbled under the pillow. “Do you know what the ultimate cure for a hangover?” Taeyeon asked. “What?” Tiffany said still with the pillow on her face.

“.” Taeyeon smiled.

“Yeah, please call my ex-husband now. I need him so bad.” Tiffany said sarcastically as she threw the pillow away from her face. Her face and eyes were red. Taeyeon was just laughing at her.

“Wanna talk about just now?” Taeyeon asked.

“She wants me to celebrate Christmas with Nick and Emily.” Tiffany muttered tiredly. “She just doesn’t want you to be alone Tiff.” Taeyeon tried to input some positivity inside her friend’s mind.

“Emily was supposed to be with me till Christmas E

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter