It Feels Like

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung heard a knock on her door. She was actually getting ready for work at the time. She just got out of the shower. She quickly grabbed the shirt that was laid nicely on the foot of the bed and hurriedly made her way to the door. Sooyoung had hoped it was the landlord since she knew that the rent was due that day. She had prepared the cash inside the envelope.

When she opened the door, it was Siwon.

“Can I come in?” Siwon asked. Sooyoung was reluctant. She really didn’t want to deal with him just yet. “Yeah sure.” Sooyoung allowed him in.

Siwon went inside the small one bedroom apartment and went straight to the kitchen. He opened the refrigerator and took himself a can of ice coffee. Sooyoung didn’t say anything as she just continued to get ready for work.

“What time is your lunch today?” Siwon started to break the ice. He was speaking a bit louder since Sooyoung was in the bedroom.

“Not sure.” Sooyoung answered as she walked out of her bedroom carrying a bag pack. The bag pack she carried every day for the past 17 days.

“I was thinking whether you want to have lunch with me.” Siwon mumbled. “And maybe we could talk this out.” He added.

“I told you I’m not sure what time I could get out. It’s getting hectic in the afternoon.” Sooyoung said without having any facial expression at all.  Up till now, she was still wondering why she was so upset over yesterday’s issue. She was supposed to be happy that she would be travelling to another country with someone she liked. She knew if she passed this up, she would never have the chance again. She had always wanted to know what was out there. Outside of Gyeonggi.

“Sooyoung, why are you like this?” Siwon stood up and held her arm tightly. “You haven’t been answering any of my calls, my texts.” He added. “This is so not you.” He continued.

“I was busy.” Sooyoung replied. She then slowly released her arm from the guy’s grip. She then walked towards the corner of the kitchen to feed her cats before making her way to the door. She then wore her black thick jacket.

“Are you going now?” Siwon asked as he looked at his watch. Usually they would leave around 8.30AM. “I want us to talk Soo.” Siwon pleaded. They still had 20 minutes left to spare.

“New stocks coming in today.” Sooyoung explained the reason why she wanted to leave a bit early that day. Siwon let out a long sigh and walked towards the door, following the girl.

“I just don’t understand you.” Siwon whined.

“I’m not asking you to.” Sooyoung responded. Siwon just went silent. He was still puzzled over his girlfriend sudden weird behavior.

Sooyoung stepped out into the street and noticed the streets were empty. The weather had been so awful the past few days. The wind flung itself around the tall cement corner of the buildi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter