Han River

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

31st December, 10AM, 4°C

Tiffany woke up that morning with a headache. She somehow slept late last night doing her work. While Taeyeon on the other hand was sleeping on her bed since she was so drunk. They took a road trip to Chuncheon yesterday morning together. Taeyeon badly insisted for her to go although she had politely refused countless of times.

Taeyeon got herself a bit overboard with the alcohol while they were there and Tiffany basically had to drive all the way back to Seoul. Initially she just wanted to stay at home and planned on taking Sooyoung to the city. That was why she went mad last night knowing that Sooyoung had gone without her and also without informing her.

Taeyeon was still sleeping next to her. She decided to wake up and went down. She felt guilty for saying that Sooyoung was just someone who’s staying at her house. Of course she was more than that. She was someone that she cared so dearly.

“Morning Ms Tiffany.” Mrs Kim greeted her. The woman was washing the dishes. “Have Sooyoung woke up yet?” Tiffany asked while she rubbed her puffy eyes.  

“Oh she went out to the city again earlier this morning.” Mrs Kim revealed.

“What??” Tiffany was really in shock. “Hmm she said she didn’t wanna wake you up.” Mrs Kim replied.

“Did she say what time she’ll be back?” Tiffany asked again.

“Hmm no.” Mrs Kim shook her head. Tiffany stood up from the stool and went upstairs back to her room. She took her phone and called Sooyoung. However the call couldn’t get through. “Seriously Sooyoung..” Tiffany mumbled to herself worriedly.

“Tiff.. Did I sleep here all night?” Taeyeon who was still clearly dizzy from all the drinking last night.

Tiffany kept on calling Sooyoung but still couldn’t reach the girl. “Tiff is everything okay?” Taeyeon asked with her half opened eyes.

“Sooyoung just left the house this morning without telling me.” Tiffany said worriedly.

“Hmm okay. Is that supposed to be a problem?” Taeyeon asked as she rubbed her eyes and slowly sat on the bed.

“I’m worried Tae. She’s not used to the city!” Tiffany reasoned out. “And I can’t even get through her!” Tiffany was really worried. Taeyoen had never seen her that worried ever since Emily went home from school with a bruised elbow.  

“Tiff, she’ll be fine. She’s a big girl.” Taeyeon said lazily. “Come lie down on the bed.” Taeyeon said softly. “You should rest.” She added. Tiffany just ignored her friend and left the room.

*****

 The time was almost 8.30PM and Sooyoung was still not back at the house. Tiffany was getting restless more than ever. She decided to check Sooyoungs’s room just to make sure again that her stuff was still there. Luckily, it was. She was too scared that Sooyoung might actually go back to Gyeonggi.

Taeyeon left the house earlier to go back to her apartment to get some of her work. She would be staying at the house until Emily got back on the 3rd.

She had tried contacted Sooyoung so many times but her call still couldn’t get through. “Ms Tiffany, don’t worry, she’ll be fine.” Mrs Kim assured her. “How can I not worry, she’s not used being in the city alone.” Tiffany exclaimed back. She blamed herself for this. If only she would have said some things differently last night, this would not happen.  

Then, she heard a car pulled over outside her driveway and she immediately ran to the door. How badly she wanted it to be Sooyoung, but it was Taeyeon. “She’s not back yet?” Taeyeon asked while holding on some of the manuscripts that she needed to work on.

Tiffany just shook her head as a response. “Maybe we should go find her.” Tiffany suggested. “Tell me you’re joking. How are we supposed to find her? The city is big.” Taeyeon replied relevantly.

“I don’t know.” Tiffany let out a long sigh. Both of them then went to the living room. “Tiff, what is wrong with you? I’ve never seen you like this.” Taeyeon said softly. She was worried of course. She wrapped her arm around Tiffany’s shoulder.

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter