Future

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Both Tiffany and Sooyoung were in the car as they headed to a nearby café for breakfast. Since Taeyeon was still in bed, Tiffany wanted to be alone with Sooyoung so she decided to take the girl out. Sooyoung didn’t want to at first because she was worried that Tiffany might still not recover from the hangover but Tiffany managed to convince her that she’s fine.

Tiffany’s hand was holding on Sooyoung’s hand while her other hand was on the wheel. Sooyoung kept on stealing glances to the woman, the woman of her dreams. She was smiling to herself as she held the woman’s hand tightly. She didn’t expect herself to be with Tiffany again, she thought she would already be on her way back to Gyeonggi.

“I have something to tell you.” Sooyoung suddenly broke the silence. “Hmm..” Tiffany mumbled softly. “I met this guy at Han River last night.” Sooyoung began telling her story.

“He’s the head editor at the Korean Herald.” Sooyoung added. “Korean Herald? The English newspaper?” Tiffany asked back softly.

“Yes.” Sooyoung nodded. “He offered me a job.” Sooyoung then revealed.

“He offered you a job?” Tiffany repeated the same exact thing. “Yes.” Sooyoung turned to look at the woman. “He offered you a job just like that? Out of nowhere?” Tiffany questioned again.

“Hmm we talked for a bit. I mean, I told him how I love to write..” Sooyoung was about to explain when Tiffany cut her off.

“Don’t you think that the guy is too good to be true? You can’t just offer a job to someone you just met.” Tiffany commented.

“Hmm.. but he seems nice.” Sooyoung replied.

“He seems nice? Really Sooyoung? Do you like this guy now?” Tiffany glanced at her.

“It’s nothing like that Tiffany!” Sooyoung quickly responded. Tiffany parked her car in front of the café and then she turned to look at the girl.

“I just don’t want you to get hurt. I just care about you a lot Sooyoung. A lot more than you could possibly imagine. Right now, I want to take care of you. I want to be able to see you every day.” Tiffany said softly.

“I’m sorry.”

“Why are you apologizing?”

“I don’t know.” Sooyoung looked down.

Tiffany let out a smile and then she held on Sooyoung’s cheek. She pecked on the girl’s lips and stared at her. There was a smile on Sooyoung’s face. She loved the sweet taste of Tiffany’s lips rubbed against hers. “Can we go eat now?” Tiffany asked with her soft voice. Sooyoung nodded shyly with a smile.

Sooyoung understood why Tiffany reacted like that. Although she really thought the guy was nice but somehow what Tiffany said might be true. She didn’t know anyone at the city except for Tiffany, how could she trust anyone else easily like that. She told herself that better opportunities would surely come in her way soon in the future so she decided to let it go.

For now, she would just stick to her initial plan of attending the writing program at the most prestigious theatre in South Korea. She knew she’s the luckiest girl in the world to be able to get the chance.

“I can’t wait for you to meet Emily tomorrow.” Tiffany said with a smile. “Oh yeah, she’s coming home tomorrow.” Sooyoung just remembered. They were already inside the café at the time.

“Yeah. Oh I miss her so much.” Tiffany smiled widely. Sooyoung couldn’t help but to smile as well. She knew how excited Tiffany must be anticipating for her daughter to be back in her arms. Although at the same time she was nervous thinking on how the young girl might r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter