Cooperate

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 11.45PM; Sooyoung was lying on the sofa bed. Tiffany had the housekeeper to prepare the bed for Sooyoung earlier. Tiffany insisted for Sooyoung to sleep on the king bed with her in the room since the bed was huge but Soooyoung refused to.

Sooyoung was looking up in the ceiling; she was in her own world. “How the hell did you end up here Choi Sooyoung?” She asked herself with a smile. Never in a million years she would have imagine that she would be sleeping in a luxurious hotel room with someone like Tiffany.

Earlier that night, she went out for a walk with Tiffany. They just went for a walk four to five blocks away from the hotel, since it was too cold that night. Tiffany told her about the first theatre stage that she ever directed back in London after she graduated. Although Sooyoung didn’t understand what the woman was talking about, she was still fascinated by it.

*BEEP

From: Siwon
Message: WHERE ARE YOU?? WHY ARE YOU NOT HOME YET???               

RING RING RING RING RING

Sooyoung quickly rejected the call. She then clicked to reply the text.

To: Siwon
Message:  We are done. Stop texting and calling me.

“Urghh..” Sooyoung straightaway switched her phone off. Then she snuggled the softest pillow in the world and slowly dozed off to sleep.

27th December, 9.15AM, -2 °C

Both Sooyoung and Tiffany were downstairs at the café having breakfast. They would be having an hour road trip to Seoul that day, since Tiffany really wanted to show Sooyoung her family’s National Theatre. As soon as they were done with breakfast, they straightaway went to the car.

“You said the other day that you love to write?” Tiffany asked Sooyoung in the car. “Yes I do.” Sooyoung smiled as she turned her body a bit to look at Tiffany who was driving at the time.

“What kind of things do you write about?” Tiffany asked.

“I love to write about people.” Sooyoung smiled. “I write about my family, people from work.” Sooyoung explained.

“Have you written anything about me?” Tiffany asked with a smile.

“Not yet, but I’m going to.” Sooyoung smiled back.

“Can I read some of your stuff?” Tiffany asked again. “If you don’t mind, you can send it to my email.” Tiffany suggested. “I’m interested to read it.”

“Everything is just drafted on pieces of papers. I don’t even own a computer.” Sooyoung chuckled. “Aww really..” Tiffany whined softly.

“I can show you some, but it’s not that good.” Sooyoung said. “I’m looking for young creative playwrights at the moment..” Tiffany said. “I write stupid stuff Tiffany, I can’t write plays.” Sooyoung chuckled. Writing stories to be performed on stage is different than writing fictional stories on paper.

“There are classes you can attend at the National Theatre for play writing. I mean not just play writing, there are also classes for creative writing. I can get you in if you are interested.” Tiffany smiled.

“How much does it cost?” Sooyoung asked.

“I’m not really sure, but we can check later.” Tiffany explained. “If I’m not mistaken, it’s a 6 months program.” Tiffany added. “It would be good for you.” Tiffany smiled.

Sooyoung was somehow interested. She had never been to any writing classes before, to be able to attend classes on something that she loved, would be great. “I would love to find out more about the program.”

“We’ll find out more later, when we get there.”

They reached the National Theatre of Korea an hour and fifteen minutes later. Tiffany had her own parking area at the basement of the building.

“This is beautiful.” Sooyoung was in awe the moment she stepped inside the building. “I know.” Tiffany smiled as she walked next to the young girl. “We provide a lot of acting and writing programs here at the National Theatre. We encourage people to explore their creativity through many possibilities..” Tiffany kept on talking. Sooyoung loved how passionate she was. “We also have our own traditional arts performing a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter