Beginning

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Tae, I didn’t even know she was applying for the program.” Tiffany reasoned out. “But you could have suggested for a grant and I would ask her to reapply.” Taeyeon countered back. “Okay, ask her to reapply then.” Tiffany agreed.

“You wouldn’t even have said that if I didn’t bring that up.” Taeyeon still wanted to argue. “Tae, what is wrong?” Tiffany knew there was something up with her.

“Look, can I talk to her in private?” Taeyeon looked at Sooyoung. “Hmm okay.” Sooyoung nodded her head as she stood up from her chair.

Tiffany didn’t say anything as she just looked at Sooyoung walking to the restroom. “What do you think you’re doing?” Taeyeon questioned her friend. “I’m not doing anything.” Tiffany responded. “You are a 35 year old woman who has a daughter!” Taeyeon pointed out.

“What are you trying to say??” Tiffany was clueless. “Do you have a crush on this girl or something?” Taeyeon started to question.

“What?” Tiffany was shocked with all the accusation Taeyeon was throwing at her. “Tae, I know you are stressing out, I’m deeply sorry if I weren’t around with you.” Tiffany comforted her friend. She had never seen Taeyeon that depressed about work before.

Taeyeon then let out a long deep sigh. “How long are you gonna be staying here?” Taeyeon asked. “I don’t know.” Tiffany said. “I’m losing my mind now. I really need time off from everything.” Taeyeon expressed. She was exhausted with work; she had not slept for so many days.

“Look, I’ll come back to Seoul today. Why don’t you spend a few nights at the house? At least you won’t be alone.” Tiffany offered; she was being a good friend like always.

“That sounds good.” Taeyeon smiled weakly. Tiffany then stood up from her chair and went to sit next to Taeyeon. She wrapped her arm around Taeyeon’s shoulder. “You need to calm yourself okay.” Tiffany comforted her.

Taeyeon drove back to Seoul right after lunch, while Tiffany and Sooyoung drove back to the hotel. “I’m going back to Seoul today.” She informed Sooyoung.

Of course Sooyoung was shocked but she couldn’t say anything. “You’re coming with me.” Tiffany said. “Huh?” She looked at Tiffany.

“You will be in the writing program soon after New Year, so why not make yourself familiar with the city beforehand?” Tiffany smiled. The program was just 5 days away.

“I haven’t even enrolled yet.” Sooyoung mumbled.

“Quit your job and pack your things!” Tiiffany said happily. At that point, Sooyoung felt like Tiffany was even more excited than her. Tiffany was holding on to her arm while they walked back to the hotel.

“Waitttt! What about my cats??” Sooyoung suddenly remembered. She wasn’t sure whether Tiffany would be okay if she brought them along. “I can’t just leave them here.” Sooyoung told Tiffany.

“Of course you need to bring them along.” Tiffany said. “Will you be okay with it?” Sooyoung asked; she knew Tiffany didn’t have any pets at her house.

“Sure Sooyoung. I can’t wait for Emily to come home.” Tiffany smiled. They were packing their things up at that time. Before driving back to Seoul, they stopped by Sooyoung’s apartment so that she could take more clothes and also her cats.

While waiting for Sooyoung to settle everything, Tiffany was sitting on a stool overlooking the view of the town from Sooyoung’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter