In Daze

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was no sign of slowing down at the bookstore. Sooyoung had cramps on her legs for standing up too long. Siwon tried calling her earlier during lunch and she rejected the call. There were also several messages from the guy. She just couldn’t explain why she was so mad. She should be happy.

Sooyoung looked at her watch and it was almost 5PM. 3 more hours to go. She then scanned around the bookstore just to look if there were any customers who needed help and she came across this one exquisite looking lady. She had never seen the lady before. The lady was looking at the children’s section.

The lady was so beautiful. She was medium tall, fair and she had brownish long hair with light waves at the end. She looked like in her late 30s Sooyoung assumed. She was wearing a white collared shirt with her Ray Ban hanging on her shirt with black skinny jeans. Her eyes were somewhat greyish yet were very dominant. The lady was completely elegant and sophisticated. Sooyoung could not look away. She was definitely in dazed.

Suddenly there was a customer in front of her repeated a question in a higher voice and she just stood there, mute. She had no clue what was the customer asking earlier. From far, Sooyoung could see that the lady was looking at her direction.  

“I’m sorry mam. I’m really sorry.” Sooyoung quickly turned her attention to the customer in front of her. At the corner of her eyes, she could see that the lady was walking slowly toward the counter and she just didn’t know why her heart all of a sudden was stumbling. Her face felt hot as the lady came nearer and nearer to the counter.

“Stop it Sooyoung.” Sooyoung mumbled to herself.

“Excuse me? Are you even listening to what I am saying??” The customer in front of her went furious.

“Yes mam. The wrapping station is just at the end of the stationary section. You would'nt miss it.” Sooyoung pointed at the stationary section. The furious and frustrated customer just left the counter with her daughter. The beautiful lady then approached the counter and stood in front of her with a smile. 

Sooyoung stood there didn’t know what to do. She was nervous.  “Are you alright?” The lady asked. Her voice was beautiful. Beautiful as her face. “Hmm yes yes. I’m sorry.” Sooyoung quickly apologized.

“May I help you with anything mam?” Sooyoung finally regrouped herself.

“Do I look old to you?” The lady smiled elegantly as she put her handbag and thick jacket on the counter.

“Excuse me?” Sooyoung asked back clueless.

“Don’t call me mam.” The lady smiled. She was smiling all the time.

“I’m sorry mam. I.. I mean I’m sorry.” Sooyoung stuttered without any reason.

The lady just kept on smiling looking at her. It was the most elegant smile Sooyoung had ever seen. “I’m sorry. I’m just used to it.” Sooyoung explained. Mrs. Lim had trained every employee to greet the customers in a certain way (Her way of course).

“You don’t work here that long do you?” The lady asked.

“Yes. I’m new here.” Sooyoung admitted.

“Anyways, are these books available at the store?” The lady smiled as she showed the list to Sooyoung. Sooyoung leaned down a bit to look at the paper. She was so close to the lady. The only thing she noticed was the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter