I Got You

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you excited Soo?” Kyung Ho asked while he was fixing his hair. He was referring to the seminar. “You have no idea.” Sooyoung responded. She had been waiting for the opportunity to attend her first seminar. “This is good for you, you know that right?” Kyung Ho said again. “I do. Thank you so much for everything. I won’t be here without you.” Sooyoung said softly.

“I didn’t do anything. This is all you.” Kyung Ho smiled before he handed her a piece of envelope. “What is it?” Sooyoung asked looking at the envelope.

“I’ll see you at lunch okay.” Kyung Ho smiled and then he walked away to talk to some of the people from Simon & Schuster. Sooyoung looked at the envelope and then she opened it. It was a letter of confirmation with regards to her employment at the company. She was finally a permenant employee there. Sooyoung was beyond relieved. She had never imagined that this day would come. She had definitely worked hard for the past 3 months.

“Sooyoung!! Come one!” Suddenly one of her colleagues yelled out her name from afar. The seminar was about to start. She quickly put the envelope inside her handbag and straightaway made her way to the seminar hall.

There were so many participants from all publishing companies around Seoul attending the seminar. Sooyoung was definitely in awe. She was seated in between Mia and Kai in the hall. There were 9 people altogether representing Korean Herald. Kyung Ho on the other hand went back to the office as he had meetings to attend to. A few seconds later, a speaker appeared at the front and greeted all the participants.

Sooyoung was beyond excited. She had her notebook and a pen in front of her ready to take down some important notes. “Chill Sooyoung.” Kai said as he noticed how excited she was. “Trust me they will only tell you basic stuff.” He added.

“Basic or not Kai, this is a great opportunity for me.” Sooyoung responded with a smile while looking at the guy.

“Yeah I know. But it’s like basic information that you would get from writing school.” Kai commented again. “Kai, I am not as fortunate as everyone. I didn’t get to go to a writing school or even study journalism. I didn’t even get to go to college to begin with.” Sooyoung replied softly, trying not to disrespect the guy.

“Sorry.” Kai apologized. “It’s okay. I know I have a lot to catch up. So don’t worry about it. Come to think of it, you are like a motivation to me.” Sooyoung smiled. “Guys, shhh!” Suddenly Mia interrupted as the seminar was about to start.

The topic of the seminar was ‘Publication Strategies in High Impact Journalism’ and there were a lot of key points that Sooyoung managed to gain within that 3 hours. Although she would hope that the seminar would last longer but it was certainly more than enough for her. After the seminar ended, everyone went out of the hall and gathered at the lobby of the building.

“Boss just texted, he’s treating everyone lunch today!” Mia just informed excitedly. “He’s waiting for us at Masala Orchid.” Mia added. Kyung Ho really enjoyed Indian food and he was trying to get all his staff to like it too.

“What? Indian food again??” Kia whined.

“Shut up. Just be grateful that boss is paying.” Mia responded. “Aish I just don’t wanna spend time going to the bathroom every 30 minutes.” Kai was still whining. Apparently his stomach was just too weak for Indian spices. Sooyoung on the other hand just giggled looking at the two of her colleagues.

*****

“Tiffany, where are you??” Taeyeon said over the line. The time was 1.30pm and she was in her office at the UK headquarters of Simon  & Schuster.

“I’m at home. Why?”

“I thought we’re gonna have lunch!” Taeyeon exclaimed. “Nick already left a couple of hours ago. Plus you had that seminar earlier, I really didn’t want to wait that long at your office.” Tiffany gave a reason on why she didn’t leave the house.

“Tiff, I didn’t go to the seminar. I got there so late, I just straight went to my office. I do hope I wont get in tro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter