Kindness

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Come for dinner tonight. I’m cooking.” Tiffany smiled over the phone. She was in conversation with Taeyeon. “Really? Where does this comes from?” Taeyeon was impressed. “I know right.” Tiffany replied. “I woke with a sudden revelation.” Tiffany responded.

“Emm, where were you yesterday?” Taeyeon asked. “Out lunch with a friend.” She replied. “What friend?” Taeyeon asked again curiously. “I have other friends too my dear.” Tiffany chuckled.

“Hmm..”

“Why Tae?” Tiffany questioned.

“Nick called. He said he couldnt get a hold of you”

“I just can’t deal with him right now.” Tiffany let out a deep sigh. “I know. You do know the hearing is in a month.” Taeyeon reminded her friend. “We have decided on a share custody. That’s final. There’s nothing he could do.” Tiffany explained.

“You’ll never know Tiff.” Taeyeon said as she tried to put some sense in Tiffany’s mind. “You know how he is.” Taeyeon added. Tiffany just went silent on the other line. She was thinking to herself. “Just don’t do anything stupid.” She advised.

“I’m not going to do anything stupid.” Tiffany muttered calmly. “Just try to hang on till the hearing.” Taeyeon suggested while Tiffany on the other line just didn’t say anything.

“Anyways, who’s the new friend?” Taeyoen changed the subject. “The girl that sent me the card the other day.” Tiffany replied. Taeyeon knew because she was there at the house when the books and the card were delivered.

“You went out with her?” Taeyeon asked in surprise. “Yes and I invited her for dinner.” Tiffany informed. “She’ll be coming all the way from Gyeonggi?” Taeyoen asked again. She was full with questions.

“I bought her a train ticket.” Tiffany said.

“You bought her a train ticket?” Taeyeon responded with another question. “Tae, she’s alone. Her parents passed away. No one should be alone on Christmas Eve.”

“I’m alone!” Taeyeon exclaimed. “That’s why I’m inviting you over as well.” Tiffany smiled. “It’s been awhile since I last cooked.” She continued.

*****

It was still a busy day at the bookstore but it was not as bad as yesterday. Sooyoung was so busy she felt like the time was passing by so quickly. She then looked at her watch; the time was already 3.45PM. The last 15 minutes before her 8 days off. The bookstore will be closed till New Year and will only open on 2nd of January.  Apart from not going to see Mrs Lim’s ugly annoying face for 8 days, she was just beyond excited that she would be seeing the most gorgeous woman again today.

Her train to Seoul was scheduled at 4.30. She was surprised when Tiffany sent her a screenshot image of a first class train ticket to her last night before she went to sleep. She just couldn’t thank the woman enough. It would be her first time ever going to Seoul and also the first time leaving Gyeonggi.

Finally, it was 4PM. “Happy holidays everyone!” A co-worker screamed his lungs out. Sooyoung had the biggest smile on her face when she heard it. She hurried herself to the locker room and quickly packed her things. She wanted to reach the train station early.

She took a taxi to the train station and she reached around 4.20PM. She then checked her phone and there was a text from Tiffany. It was sent at 2.30PM. They weren’t allowed to check their phones during work.

I will be waiting for you at the train station around 5.30PM. See you in a few hours.

Her heart fluttered after reading the text. She just had no words to describe her feelings towards the woman. Tiffany wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter