Lively

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tears were overflowing Sooyoung’s cheek throughout the car ride from the city towards Tiffany’s house. She was really trying her best to hold it in since Kyung Ho was in the car next to her. The guy tried asking her earlier but Sooyoung refused to answer and told him to just drive away.

“Just turn there.” Sooyoung mumbled slowly.

“Okay.” Kyung Ho nodded his head. He drove the car inside the area of the house and then parked exactly right in front of the entrance door. He was actually surprise to see Sooyoung living in such a big place.  Kyung Ho then handed Sooyoung the food that she bought for her. “Here.” He said.

“Thank you.” Sooyoung mumbled softly as she looked down on the paper bag.

“Hmm I don’t know what just happened and I’m not going to even ask. But I do hope..” Before Kyung Ho could finish what he wanted to say, Sooyoung interrupted him. “I will take your job offer.” Sooyoung said with teary eyes. 

*****

6th February, 9.30am, 12°C

“Can I pick you up after my meeting babe?”

“Yeah sure.” Tiffany answered. When she was about to leave the car, Nickhun held her arm. “My morning kiss?” He smiled charmingly. Tiffany went in and quickly pecked him on his lips. “I’ll see you in two hours.” Tiffany said before she left the car.

Tiffany walked inside the National Theatre and went to the information counter. “Ms Tiffany! It has been awhile since you were last here!” The girl greeted her happily. Tiffany just forced a smile as a response. “Can I have the class schedule for the Basic Creative Writing Program?” She asked the girl.

“Sure.” The girl smiled and took a file and handed it to her.

“Thanks.” Tiffany said seriously before she walked away. She went into the lift and immediately opened the folder to check on the schedule. “9am, level 3, Meeting Room 4.” She mumbled to herself. Then, she straightaway made her way to level 3.

She reached the meeting room and stood in front of the door. Her heart was beating very fast. She braved herself and knocked on the door. The moment she opened the door, all eyes were on her. There were a lot of students in the class.

“Oh Ms Tiffany, what a surprise?” The instructor greeted her. “Class, Ms Tiffany’s family is the owner of the theatre.” She smiled in front of the class. “Hi Jennifer. Can I see Ms Choi Sooyoung for awhile?” Tiffany braved herself again to ask. She couldn’t locate Sooyoung anywhere in the class since there were so many students.

“Hmm I’m afraid Ms Sooyoung has dropped out of the program a week ago.” She informed. Tiffany was terribly shocked and devastated as she didn’t expect to hear the news at all. She really didn’t believe Sooyoung would do that.

It was exactly a week ago when she unexpectedly caught eyes with Sooyoung at the restaurant and she was deeply heartbroken to see her walking away from her like that. Everything was her fault. It was unfair to leave what they had hanging just like that. For the past one month, Sooyoung had always been in her mind. She tried so hard to contact her but sadly she couldn’t able to. Nickhun had taken away her phone and the guy didn’t allow her to go out freely anymore.

“If you want Emily, there are terms for you to follow.” Tiffany could still remember Nickhun’s words to her. There was nothing she could do.

Tiffany then left the meeting room in frustration and went up to her office. That was the first time in more than a month she was back in her office room. Although Nickhun didn’t want her to go there anymore, she managed to talk him out saying that she needed to take some of her stuff.

“Stephanie?” Suddenly her name was being called. Only one person still called her by her full name and it was her mother. “Yes mother.” Tiffany sighed as she saw her mother walked inside her office room.

“I didn’t expect to see you here.” Mrs Hwang smiled and sat on the chair in front of Tiffany.  “Did Nick send you?” Mrs Hwang went on to ask. “Yes mother.” Tiffany answered lazily.

“That’s good Tiffany. I’m proud of you.”

“Proud of what exactly?” Tiffany asked as she landed her back on her chair.

“Proud of how you turn things around. You finally put Emily ahead of everything.” Mrs Hwang smiled. Tiffany didn’t say a word back. “I am the happiest person in the world knowing that you and Nick are living together again and giving the marriage a second chance.” She added.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter