All Along

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“How could you destroy our daughter’s life like this?” He asked sarcastically. “And what do you get from being with this school girl? You’re pathetic you know that?” Nickhun said sarcastically. He was disgusted by the woman.

“Nick that is enough.” Suddenly someone appeared from their side. It was Mrs Hwang. Tiffany was surprised as she didn’t expect her mother would be there. Mrs Hwang then walked towards them and stood next to Sooyoung.

“Mum..” Nickhun mumbled slowly.

“Regardless of whatever that is happening now, Tiffany is still the mother of your daughter. At least show a bit of respect to her. I’m sure you wouldn’t want anyone to speak to your mother like this.” Mrs Hwang said seriously while looking at him. The man was stunned and then he awkwardly decided to just walk away.

“Tiffany, I’m sorry I’m a bit late. I had some things I had to settle just now.” Mrs Hwang then turned to look at her only daughter whom she had not seen since last April. Tiffany didn’t say a word back. She just went straight to hug her mother. “I’m grateful enough that you’re here.” She said as she hugged the woman tightly.

“I’m sorry about not being with you before. But I’m here now. Every step of the way.” Mrs Hwang said softly. She had come to a realization that it was pointless to be on the opposite side of her daughter. Tiffany was her only child and there was nothing more that she wanted other than her to be happy.

 The moment they pulled off the hug, Mrs Hwang then looked at Sooyoung who was standing there didn’t know what to do. That was her first time ever meeting the girl. “You must be Sooyoung.” Mrs Hwang smiled and offered the Sooyoung a handshake.

Sooyoung awkwardly returned the handshake and then she looked at Tiffany. The woman had a big smile on her face and then she nodded her head. “We have a lot to catch up.” Mrs Hwang smiled.

“Yes we do Mrs Hwang.” Sooyoung said awkwardly.

While they were talking, suddenly Tiffany’s lawyer came to them saying that they needed to enter the courtroom now. The hearing would start in a few minutes time. The three of them straightaway entered the courtroom and took their places. The courtroom was not that big, it was more like a meeting room Sooyoung thought. The judge came in a few minutes later and he straightaway started the hearing.

“Good morning. This court is assigned to discuss on the custody and visitation rights between Nickhun Horvejkul and Tiffany Hwang. Any decisions made during this court must be agreed and complied by both parties accordingly.” The judge started to speak.

Tiffany was holding on to Sooyoung’s hand throughout the time and only God knew how nervous she was. The custody case had been going on for so long that Tiffany just couldn’t go through with it anymore. She really hoped that a decision would be made that day.

“I have taken ample time to look into all the findings that have being submitted by both attorneys with regards of the findings of each parent’s capability, financial stability, responsibility and what not. I have also held a private session with several reliable witnesses that might be of help for this case.” He spoke confidently.

“I have no doubt that both parties are more than capable to provide physical and emotional support for the child. However I was being informed that Mrs Hwang, is currently living abroad.” The judge then looked towards Tiffany’s side.

“It may not be in the best interest of the child to be shuttled back in forth over long distances as the child has been living in South Korea all her life. The child’s community, social life and education have always been here.” The judge spoke.

“Every decision I make in this court are solely based on the child’s best interests. Therefore, an immediate decision had been made that full custody of the child will be given to the father. The father will act as a primary caretaker since the child has been living with him the most for the past months.” The judge said. Tiffany knew that was coming. She knew that Nick would be getting it and she was not surprised by it. Sooyoung turned to look at Nickhun’s side and she could see that the guy was clearly celebrating with his mother over the result.

“Nonetheless, the court strongly support and encourage the involvement of both parents. I personally believe that every child’s place will always be with the mother. Therefore I have granted visitation rights to the mother that the child should be with the mother on every holiday. Once the child attends primary school by next year, the mother can request time share in which the child is allowed to be with her during summer or winter breaks and also during school holidays. This is to compensate for the lack of time she is unable to spend with the child during the school year.” The judge muttered eloquently.

“What? No! This is insane!” Suddenly Nickhun’s voice was heard. “Do you expect me to agree to this???” Nickhun exclaimed to his lawyer. “Nick, this is as fair as we can get. You already got full custody. You should be pleased.” His lawyer mumbled. “But she’ll be spending most of her time in school for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week!! What time do I get then???” Nickhun exclaimed back to his lawyer. He would probably be busy with work during weekdays and sometimes had business meeting to attend during the weeke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter