Breakfast

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RING RING RING RING

“Hello..” Tiffany answered her phone sleepily. It was so early in the morning. “TIFFANY!!” The person yelled out on the other line. “Tae..” Tiffany mumbled softly. She was still in bed at The Ritz-Carlton Hotel, the only luxury hotel in Gyeonggi.

“Why didn’t you tell me that you went to Gyeonggi???” Taeyeon questioned.

“Because I was upset with you..” Tiffany muttered with her eyes closed. The helper at the house must be the one who told her where she was.

“You’re joking right? You’re still upset at me over someone you just met?” Taeyeon asked sarcastically. “I’m upset because you were rude. You don’t treat someone you just met like that.” Tiffany said calmly.

Taeyeon didn’t say anything. “I need to get my mind sorted out.” Tiffany then added. “Do you need me to be with you?” Taeyeon asked in concern. She had always been a good friend to her, and she knew that.

“It’s okay Tae. I know how busy you are right now.” Tiffany refused politely. “Have you spoken to Emily?” Taeyeon asked. “She didn’t even call yesterday. My own daughter didn’t even call me for Christmas.” Tiffany mumbled slowly. There was sadness in her voice.

“Did you try calling?”

“Of course I did Tae..” Tiffany let out a long sigh. “He’s too much.” Taeyeon mumbled to herself. “I just don’t know if I could take this any longer..” Tiffany said. “It’s been the longest since the last time I’ve seen my own daughter.”

“I know darling.” Taeyeon replied. “You need to talk this out with your lawyer.” Taeyeon suggested. “I know.” Tiffany breathed.

“Just don’t do anything stupid okay?” Taeyeon said to her friend.

****

Sooyoung woke up that morning also with the sound of her phone ringing. She reached for her phone that was on the side table next to her single bed, and saw the caller id. It was Siwon. She groaned loudly and straightaway rejected the call. Then her phone rang again, and she did the same thing.

To her surprise she heard something was thrown towards her bedroom window. She stood up from her bed and looked down and yes it was the guy. She slid up the window and shouted at the guy from her 3rd floor apartment.

“For the love of god, can you please just let me sleep in peace!” She screamed. Siwon on the other hand was smiling like a fool looking at her from down there.

“What??” Sooyoung asked annoyingly.

“You look like an angel in the morning. You amazed me every time.” He yelled out charmingly. “Siwon, I’m tired, I just wanna go back to bed.” Sooyoung said with a straight face. She was just not in the mood. “Let me in Sooyoung!” He shouted.

“Urghh.. fine.” Sooyoung closed the door and pressed the button to the main door of the building in order to let the guy in.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Sooyoug lazily went to open the door. “Why are you so early…” Sooyoung whined. “Let’s go meet up with your friend last night!” He suggested as he went in the apartment.

“Huh? For what??” Sooyoung asked curiously.

“You were so upset with me last night…” Siwon said in his horrible aegyo. Sooyoung on the other hand was frowning with her arms crossed. “She must be a good friend to you.” Siwon added. “I wanna make it up to you, by taking the both of you for breakfast.” He smiled charmingly as he wrapped her arms around Sooyoung’s waist.

“You don’t have to do that.” Sooyoung refused. Somehow she felt uncomfortable with the idea of the three of them sitting at the table eating together.

“I want to and I insist. Your friend is my friend.” Siwon smiled. Sooyoung felt this feeling of irritation running through her veins. How could the guy say that, she thought to herself. Tiffany is hers, and not for her to share.

“I told you last night that I will apologize to her.” Siwon kept on talking trying to make it up to her. “You know what Siwon, it’s okay. I’m not upset anymore.” Sooyoung quickly said.

“Sooyoung, I know you. You won’t let this go so, I insist to do this.” Siwon said before he pecked the girl’s lips. “Go call her!” He smiled.

“Siwon, really you don’t have to do this.” Sooyoung said as she walked to her bedroom to take her phone. “Baby, call your friend now.” Siwon smiled, he was persistent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter