Holiday

Against All Odds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Sooyoung finally reached her apartment nearly 11PM that night. She was exhausted; she couldn’t rest her eyes on the train ride. She had this feeling that was unexplainable even for herself. She did cry a bit in the train earlier. Partly she was embarrassed and ashamed the way Tiffany’s friend confronted her earlier. Partly it was also true that she indeed had a crush on Tiffany.

She thought to herself that she should have said no to Tiffany and went to Siwon’s instead. What was she thinking? “Who are you to mingle with them?” She questioned herself on the train ride earlier.

She went inside her apartment, took her jacket off and landed herself on the old rusty couch. Then she took her phone out from her pocket and saw there were 26 miscalls and 9 text messages from Siwon alone. She knew the guy must be pissed but she didn’t promise him that she would come for dinner. Then she decided to check for showing times for any movies available for her to watch tomorrow.

While she was scrolling the website, a call came in. It was Tiffany. She just didn’t know whether she should answer or not. She was not mad at her; it was more to feeling embarrassed. She decided to just answer up the phone.

“Sooyoung.” Tiffany’s beautiful voice was heard. Sooyoung didn’t say anything. “Why didn’t you wait for me..” She said softly.

“It’s okay. You have done a lot for me.” Sooyoung said. She was trying to control her feelings. “My friend was horrible to you.” Tiffany said. Sooyoung went silent again. “I’m sorry.” Tiffany apologized. It was the first time Tiffany apologized to her. But it was not even her fault. Sooyoung kept on silent.

“Will you let me come see you tomorrow?” Tiffany suddenly blurted out.

“You don’t have to. It’s a long drive.” Sooyoung refused. Deep down she really wanted to. She longed to be alone with the woman. “It’s just an hour drive Sooyoung.” Tiffany smiled.

“I don’t wanna cause any trouble..” Sooyoung mumbled slowly. “What trouble?” Tiffany asked back. “I mean with your friend.” She further explained. Tiffany decided to ignore the remarks. “Send me the location of your house. We’ll spend Christmas together okay.” Tiffany said softly. Sooyoung’s heart was jumping up and down in joy. No words could explain how happy she was at that time.

“Okay.” Sooyoung mumbled.

“Have a good rest okay. See you tomorrow.” Tiffany said before she ended the call. Sooyoung was smiling to herself after the call. Then, she quickly went to her closet and looked for what to wear tomorrow.

“God, I haven’t done laundryyy!” She exclaimed to herself. There was this one red sweater she wanted to wear for tomorrow. Of course she wanted to look nice in front of Tiffany. Tiffany had always seen her in the bookstore shirt, even last night she was wearing the bookstore collared shirt. With that, she decided to head down to the 24hours self-service laundry a few blocks from her apartment to wash her dirty clothes.

 

*****

8.30AM, Monday, 25th December, -5°C

Tiffany woke up that morning with the sound of the alarm clock buzzing next to her. She lazily pressed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter