Chapter 2

Forever As One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytzcKqvYzD8

 

Mi-Young and Eun-Bi had always had a good relationship, they were best friends; they would go shopping together, constantly phone the other and hated being apart for more than a week tops. However, ever since Mi-Young married Yoochun the texts and phonecalls from Eun-Bi became less and less and soon enough there would only be 1 phonecall a week, if that. Mi-Young thought it was just because Eun-Bi had started her new job as a club promoter and that she was working late nights and sleeping in the day. Come to think of it, Mi-Young thought how both Yoochun and Eun-Bi changed after the wedding.

Later that day, Mi-Young and her sister met in a local coffee shop, downtown close to where Eun-Bi lived, as Eun-Bi had the weekend off work for a change. Mi-Young had arrived earlier than expected and had already ordered two cappuccinos for the both of them. Twenty minutes later Eun-Bi arrived rushing through the door with her leather handbag tangled around the wrist and finally plonked herself down opposite Mi-Young.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, the traffic was awful," Eun-Bi apologised.

"But you live just a 5 minute walk away....?" Mi-Young let out a cute giggle and then Eun-Bi started laughing.

"Actually I was just too glued to the new episode of 'Padam Padam', that is addictive," admitted Eun-Bi "Oh, sorry. You don't like swearing. My bad," and gave an innocent smile, even though Mi-Young knew her sister was far from innocent but she didn't mind, she loved her sister more than anyone else.

"Unnie, can I ask you a question?" asked Mi-Young hesitantly. Eub-Bi nodded whilst sipping her cappuccino.

"Do you think Yoochun loves me?" Eub-Bi gave her a concerned but surprised look.

"Where is this coming from? I thought you two were okay now after that whole debarcle over his secretary. You know nothing's going on between those two."

"Oh, I know. Trust me, I believe him that he's not cheating, but yesterday I asked him why he was working so late and he just slammed the door on me. I'm not crazy for being worried right? I don't want to be one of those over-protective wives but I just want him to open up to me a bit more" Mi-Young replied in a cheerless tone with a tear threatening to form in her eye.

"Sweetie, are you really that unhappy in your marriage?" 

"No! Of course not!" Mi-Young lied as she wiped her eyes dry from tears. She wanted to get out of this marriage with Yoochun but thought what would she do and where would she live if she wasn't with him. No-one else would want her so she should consider herself lucky, "I just want things to go back to how they before we got married. Like, for example, the first day I met him when you brought him back to our house back in Osan. He was so care-free and fun, now he won't even acknowledge me unless he wants something.

 

Flashback

 

6 years ago

In their hometown of Osan, Mi-Young was pleased because she had finished school and Eun-Bi was home from university for the weekend and she was happy to have Eun-Bi all to herself for a change and not with her waster friends around all the time.

Mi-Young shot up from the sofa, where she was reading her book, when she heard Eun-Bi's keys in the front door lock. Mi-Young always got excited when her sister was home for even a couple of days because the rest of time she was alone in their family home where memories lingered. It was 2 years since the death of her parents and she felt more pain now than ever. Each night she would imagine noises in the house and then reality would bring her back down to earth once she realised her parents weren't coming back. So to have her sister in the house was a blessing.

"Unnie! Ahh! I'm so happy you're home!" Mi-Young squeled as the door swung open revealing Mi-Young's older sister and a very handsome guy who she'd never met before. *I really hope he's not staying with us* Mi-Young sighed.

"Mi-Young, this is Yoochun-oppa." Eun-Bi stated as she held Mi-Youngs hand ,"and Oppa, this is my beautiful sister, Mi-Young."

*Wow, she really is beautiful* Yoochun thought as he seemed lost for words. "Ahem. Nice to meet you, I''m Yoochun. I'm on your sister's Economics course at Dongguk University."

"Sweetie, haven't I told you not to stare" Eun-Bi said with a nervous giggle. She whispered quickly into Mi-Young ear "He'll be staying for the weekend, I'll explain later."

At that moment, Mi-Young felt a pan of disappointment in her chest. *So I guess I won't be seeing much of my sister this weekend.*

"Cheer up cutie, it might never happen." Yoochun playfully nudged Mi-Young causing her to jump in shock.

"Er, sorry. I'll be right back." Mi-Young replied bluntly and ran upstairs to her bedroom and laid on her bed as a tear ran down the side of her face. Just when she thought she was alone, there was a gentle knock at the door and in walked Eun-Bi.

"Hey Mimi" Only her closest friends called her Mimi "Yoochun is waiting to take us out for dinner. Put on this pretty dress and let's go, I'm starving." Eun-Bi laid out floral dress on the bed and quietly shut the door.

She peacefully put on the dress and did her hair. Even with the minimilistic effort, she still looked flawless.

"So where are we going?" she asked them both as she walked slowly down the stairs.

"Well I'm taking you guys out for 'samgyeopsal'. That sound okay to you?" Yoochun stated facing Mi-Young.

"Woohoo! Kaja!" Eun-Bi squeled.

At the restuarant, the three of them had a corner table with lots of yummy food laid out.
"Be right back, I'm going to order more soju and rice." Yoochun said as he darted towards the waiters station.

"So, unnie, you mind telling me why there's this guy I hardly know staying in our house?"

"Well, you see, Yoochun's parents moved to Busan and he didn't fancy getting the train all the way down there so I said he could stay at ours." Eun-Bi smiled happily.

"You like him don't you?" Mi-Young accused with a sly smile on her face.

"Not yet. We're just friends but you never know what could happen this weekend," Eun-Bi said with a loud laugh and a wink.

"You're disgusting. Well whatever you choose to do make sure I'm not home. You don't want your 16 year old sister's innocence to be lost do you?" Mi-Young said with an angelic smile. The both girls burst into laughter filling the restuarant.

"What are you laughing about? Not something naughty I hope," Yoochun winked at Mi-Young which made her blush like hell.

---------------

Back at the house, Eub-Bi suddenly felt sick so she decided to go to bed early even if it meant not spending time with Yoochun.

"Mimi, I'm going to bed now, keep the noise down okay?"

"But what about Yoochun?" Mi-Young said quiet enough so that he couldn't hear.

"Can you stay with him? Pleaseeeee....?" Eun-Bi begged.

Not wanting to disobey her sister, Mi-Young kindly agreed to keeping Yoochun company and with that Eun-Bi made her way to her bedroom.

Yoochun turned to Mi-Young, who was sitting next to him on the sofa and said, "You know, I can look after myself if it's too much trouble?"

Mi-Young gave him a surprised look and replied, " No no no, it's not that, I just hardly you know and you're my sister's friend."

"Has anyone ever told you you're beautiful?" Yoochun admitted.

"Erm...thanks?" Mi-Young blushed nervously. *Oh no. What if something happens between us?* She thought worringly.

"How about we go out and have a drink?" Yoochun could notice Mi-Young nervous facial expression, "Look, we'll be back by 11pm, 1 hour, tops. Deal?" he reasoned.

"Okay. Deal. I'll grab my coat." Mi-Young agreed.

Within about 10 minutes they arrived at a 'pojangmacha' and had a couple of drinks whilst enjoying eachother's company. With that, Mi-Young started to grow feelings for Yoochun even though she had only met him that day. However, what she didn't know was that Yoochun was starting to feel the same way. As soon as he met Mi-Young he thought she had the aura of an angel. He thought she was innocent, beautiful and well-mannered.

-------------

Mi-Young and Eun-Bi were relaxing reading magazines in the kitchen when Eun-Bi suddenly received a text.

Hi, thanks for the weekend
Just wondering if I could get your sister's mobile number? Hope you don't mind, she seems like a cool girl.
Yoochun ^^

Eun-Bi's heart dropped. *He likes her. He likes my sister. Not me.* She thought with sadness.

Sure, it's 07389929444- Eun-Bi.

She replied.

"Who was that?" Mi-Young replied, not knowing anything.

"Oh. Yoochun. He asked for your number. I gave it to him," she replied with a blunt tone.

"Really? Yoochun wanted my number?" Mi-Young asked with a huge grin across her face. *Hmm, wonder what he could want.* She thought, still smiling.


 

End of flashback

 

*Will I ever be happy with Yoochun again?* She thought with a tear trickling down her face.