Chapter 33

Forever As One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPKmWQWVvxE

 

Mi-Young had no idea where she was driving to but she just followed the dark streets of Seoul until she reached the outside of Doojoon's apartment building. She was doubtful whether to knock on his door or not as the last time she saw him he said he resented her. Mi-Young's heart ached from impact of seeing her husband having an affair and thought Doojoon was the only friend she had left. A part of her was scared to admit to him that he was right and that she wasn't dreaming, everything he told her was real.

Hesitantly, she climbed out of her car and made her way towards Doojoon's apartment. Before she entered the building she look up in the direction of his floor and saw that his lights were still on. She pressed the 14th floor and leaned back on the elevator wall with her eyes closed wondering if she was being stupid for expecting Doojoon to care.

The elevator came to a halt, signalling to Mi-Young that it had arrived at his floor. She stood there for a moment or two, as a wave of dizziness came over her, before depressingly walking down the hallway in the direction of Doojoon's apartment. Mi-Young waited outside, still shaken up from the unimaginable events from earlier, with all the colour still drained from her face. Even she had to admit that she looked like hell. Her make-up was smudged, her hair in a messy bun and her vest top still damp from the tears she was crying.

Mi-Young gave a gentle knock knock knock on the heavy metal door and looked down waiting for it to be answered. As door as she heard the door click open she raised her head with hope but still showing a traumatized expression. However, the figure at the door wasn't the one she was expecting. Mi-Young glanced at the door number as she was certain she had the wrong apartment.

"Can I help you?" the young lady, in a silk black robe, asked impatiently. http://cache.net-a-porter.com/images/products/113684/113684_fr_l.jpgu

"Oh...erm...sorry....I must have the wrong apartment," Mi-Young stuttered with a whisper, making it almost impossible to hear. As soon as she was about to give up and walk away, she heard a familiar voice which shocked her with dismay.

"Mi-Young..." Doojoon muttered concerned by the appearance of his best friend. After a long silence, he finally spoke, "What do you want?" he coldy corrected.

Pain entered Mi-Young's chest all over again. *I guess he really meant those things he said...* 

"N...n...nothing...nevermind," Mi-Young had never felt so uncomfortable with her ex-best friend staring at her with a disgusted look and a stranger who looked at her as if she had just crawled out of a hole. "I should go..." muttered Mi-Young.

Doojoon examined her delicate and strained face, wanting to hold and protect her, knowing what had obviously happened with Yoochun but decided against it, knowing she had to learn from her own mistakes.

"Yeah, you should," he agreed harshly as the lady's hands slid round his waist and pulling him back so he could close the door. Mi-Young's hurt expression made Doojoon want to run after her and tell her everything would be okay but he allowed the woman, who he was with, to bury her face in the crook of his neck.

Mi-Young's fast pace soon quickened as she walked down the corridor feeling embarrassed and crushed from Doojoon's rejection. Once she reached her car, there was about 101 different things going through her mind. Every moment of tonight was slowly crushing her as she realised she had no-one. No husband. No sister. No parents and even now, no best friend. She started her car engine and carried on driving until she suddenly found herself driving by the park which Doojoon took her to.

Knowing she no longer had her best friend to turn to, Mi-Young stepped on the brakes with force, gripped the steering wheel tightly and buried her head into it with her cheeks soaked from the uncontrollable amount of tears subsiding down her face. She felt as if someone had sliced her heart in half due to the amount of pain she was feeling.

Even after hearing her phone ring multiple times, she refused to answer it as she was in no frame of mind to talk to anyone. As it started ringing for the upteenth time she glanced at it and just seeing the name on the caller ID made her burn with anger. Much to her surprise, she left the phone on the seat next to her and pressed the answer button signalling to the caller that they could hear she was listeneing on the other end.

"Mi-Young?" a distressed voice asked. After no answer from Mi-Young, the voice spoke again, "are you there?"

*Yoochun...* She blankly stared into space with tears blurring her vision. The sound of his voice reminded her how much she loved him but she would never be able to forgive him after this.

"Mi-Young, please just talk to me..." Yoochun's persistent words pierced Mi-Young's ears, "I need to explain everything to you. Please." Part of Mi-Young wanted to hear what he had to say but she couldn't see his face right now without resorting to tears.

Mi-Young became so upset upon hearing his constant voice, she wound down her window, picked up her phone and threw it powerfully onto the pavement. The sound of the broken iPhone on the cement caused Mi-Young to break down once again. Her tears felt like they were slowly suffocating her as she opened her car door and got out, leaving the door open behind her.

She marched through the park but having no idea where she was going. As it was coming up to 3 o'clock in the morning, the park was deserted except from the few drunk homeless men staggering around and sleeping on the benches. *If I can make it through tonight, I have nothing else to be afraid of.* She retraced the steps which Doojoon and her made that day, trying her best to remember, leading her towards the admirable masterpiece that was still painted beautifully on the concrete.

She stared in awe at the artwork on the ground and fell to her knees causing her bare knees to scrape on the concrete; however, she could no longer feel any pain as everything had turned numb. She wanted to go back to when her and Yoochun were newly married and happily living without any worries. All the memories of the past 3 years had vanished from Mi-Young's mind and all remained was images of Yoochun's body being straddled by her own sister. The thought made her feel physically sick.

She ran her delicate fingers over the painting, tracing them along the outlines. However hurt and ruined she was feeling, the elegance and enticement of the painting made her forget everything for a moment but still Yoochun and Eun-Bi seemed to make their way back into her mind.

*How could she...my own sister...the only family I have left. Betrayed me.* Mi-Young's breathing was slowly starting to quicken with difficulty and the more she thought about everything the heavier the tears fell from her puffy eyes. Her vision began to blur as her head pounded with tension and with Mi-Young clenching it in desperation. Her fingers scraped the ground as she gripped the concrete tightly trying her best to regain balance. As it all became too much Mi-Young, who was kneeling on the cold ground, fell backwards causing her neck to weaken and her head to move towards the hard floor.

Before she could retract her body from hitting the ground, due to her being semi-unconscious, she felt as if an angel had saved her from the pain as it never came into contact with the concrete.

She gradually opened her eyes half way weakly, still not being able to see anything clearly; however, the outline of the figure who had caught her was recognisable enough for Mi-Young to relax her body in relief.

"Mi-Young. What happened to you?" the worried voice proclaimed, concerned for her well-being.

"Doojoon. You came," Mi-Young spoke gently, hardly moving her lips and looked up at Doojoon, as she lay in his arm, with tears also blurring her vision.

He studied her face trying to work out what she was feeling but straight away he knew. He witnessed the hurt and suffocation in her eyes as they looked up hopefully at him with vulnerability.

Suddenly, Doojoon felt her soft hands rest on his chest and grip his t-shirt tightly with depseration and buried her face into it.

"Don't leave me. Please. Doojoon, I beg you. Please, don't go," Mi-Young sobbed severely as the wetness from her tears stained his t-shirt but he didn't care.

"Ssh ssh." he comforted whilst the back of her head. He wrapped his strong arms around Mi-Young and held her as she broke down. It killed Doojoon to see his best friend like this. He wanted to kill Yoochun for doing what he's done, for the pain he's caused the love of his life.

As time went by, Mi-Young gradually fell asleep in his arms and was deep in slumber. Doojoon hesitated whether to take Mi-Young back her apartment but he decided against it as he knew he wouldn't be able to not lay his hands on Yoochun. He picked Mi-Young up bridal style and took her back to his car.

Once they had arrived back at his apartment, he carried her into the living area and lay her on the sofa carefully removed her arms from around his neck and placed them by her sleeping body. He kneeled down next to the side of the sofa and softly gazed at her peaceful body after all the trauma she had gone through.

Doojoon thought 'how could anyone treat such a beautiful, kind-hearted, selfless person like how Yoochun had treated her'. Guilt passed through his body as he regretted not taking Mi-Young into his place earlier when she came round.

He carefully undid and took off her sandals, placing them on the floor next to her and stood up. He climbed over her and lay his body horizontally next to hers so his front was touching her back. Mi-Young's petite structure fitted perfectly into Doojoon's strong chest and he could tell she was fast asleep by her steady breaths.

He pulled a blanket which was on the back on the sofa and laid it over both of them covering the lower part of their bodies. Doojoon carefully leaned forward and gently kissed her head sending tingles through his body as he never wanted to part from his best friend again, for she was the one she loved most in the world. He soon drifted off to sleep also with a satisfied smile on my lips.

---------------

 

Eugh, so annoyed >< I have to write 2 chapters over again because I lost them from when the site went down. :( Also, my subscribers and views went back to what they originally were :(

I try and write the next chapter again quickly.