Chapter 13

Forever As One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q4s8kHsKVo

 

"That'll be 75,000won please Miss." The pretty cashier kindly told Mi-Young as she put the Laurent Perrier champagne in the shopping bag.

"Here you go." She passed the money to the cashier.

"Are you celebrating something special?" The young lady are Mi-Young with interest.

"Not really, just my husband is coming home from a business trip." She repleid with a glowing smile, thinking it will be nice that Yoochun is coming home that night. Even thought the past couple of weeks had been tough for Mi-Young, she wasn't ready to give up on Yoochun just yet. She picked up the shopping bag, bowed to the shop assistant and left the supermarket. On the walk home, she decided to call her sister.

"Ne?" Eun-Bi answered her phone on the other end.

"Eun-Bi?"

"Mi-Young! How are you?" Eun-Bi replied when she realised it was her sister's voice on the other end on the line.

"Good. I'm good. What you up to?"

"Not a lot. Just sending off some letters to clients. How about you?" Eun-Bi asked sounding preoccupied with a male voice in the background.

"I just brought some champagne for me and Yoochun tonight." Knowing she had probably called at the wrong time, seeing as Eun-Bi had 'company' with her.

"Why?" Questioned Eun-Bi, scoffing.

"I know, I Know but maybe his reason for being so distant was because she's so stressed at work. I just wanted to surprise him. I was thinking, why don't you come over and have a glass with us?" Truth is, Mi-Young wondered why Yoochun and Eun-Bi never spent any time together anymore, especially when they use to be good friends in university.

There was hesitation on the other end, "No, sorry. I'm going out tonight." She stated bluntly.

"Oh... okay. Well maybe another time yeah?" replied Mi-Young in a hopeful tone.

"Maybe. Look, sorry but I have to go. We can catch up soon." Eun-Bi stated and hung up.

Mi-Young was slightly baffled as to why Eun-Bi was so short on the phone. *I never get to have a proper conversation with her anymore. She's always rushing off somewhere.* Mi-Young decided to carry on home and walked about another 500 yards when her phone rung again.

"Yoochun! Are you on your way home?" She asked in a cheerful tone, knowing she would get to see him tonight.

"Err...yeah about that, something's come up. I'll have to get the train home tomorrow instead."

"Oh. Has something happened to the train lines?" She asked sounding worried.

"Yeah.... So I'll have to take a rain check on that dinner of our's tonight." He said without any warmth in his voice.

"I guess that can't be helped. Is there not a coach you can get or a taxi? I'm sure the company will cover the cost of a taxi." She really wanted Yoochun home that evening.

"Why can't you just understand that I can't come home!" He replied with anger growing inside of him from her stubborness.

There was silence from Mi-Young as Yoochun waited for her reply. "Are you mad?" He added.

"Why would I be mad. I spend my entire life being stood up by you and being alone, what makes this any different.

"You sound like a spoilt . I'm working hard just so you can spend my money on crap we don't need." He said sounding enraged.

"Excuse me?" Her bottom lip was starting to quiver knowing that her tears would come any minute now. *I'm not going to cry. He's not worth it.*

"Look. Why do you have to be so ing difficult all the time?"

With that, Mi-Young put down her phone and dropped it into her pocket. Just as she was walking into the gates on the apartment complex she recognised a familiar figure holding a  facing the access calling system.

"Doojoon...?" Mi-Young asked approaching the figure.

After hearing her soft, angelic voice, he turned around surprised and straight away his face lit up at the sight of his best friend and walked over to her, "Mi-Young!" noticing her sad, weak expression, "hey, what's wrong?" he said as he gently lifted up her chin so they made eye contact and a delicate tear slid down her cheek. "Don't cry. It'll be okay."

"Why are you here?" Her bitter tone surprised Doojoon making him take a step back.

"Umm...you left this in my car the other night." He replied pointing towards the small black cardigan in his other hand with a half a smile on his face.

Mi-Young took the cardigan reluctantly and thanked him still not taking her eyes off his face, "you should go." She wanted to be alone after the phonecall with Yoochun.

"Oh. Okay. Well see you around." He replied dumbfounded and the both of them parted and went their seperate ways but just as she had opened the apartment building door she suddenly stopped and turned around to call Doojoon's name.

"Wait!" she commanded faintly and ran towards him, "are you still free tonight?"

Doojoon was taken back by her sudden comment but his lips started to curl into a warm smile, "really?" with Mi-Young replying with just a modest nod.

"Be ready for 6:30pm," Doojoon told Mi-Young before walking off to his parked car with an excited grin on his face.

Mi-Young made her way up to her apartment with a touched smile.

 

---------

Please comment!!!

Just a quick update >< I've been super busy, I have to plan my trip to China and Korea as I leave in just 11 weeks! :|