Chapter 39

Forever As One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=limL_nPr7bw

 

Mi-Young woke up with a pounding headache. *I didn't even drink a lot.* Everything from last night came flooding back to her. She sighed and sunk back into bed, not wanting to get up just yet. She stay laying on the bed with a curious pout, wondering why Doojoon had gotten up so early, since it was a Saturday morning and he didn't have work. Suddenly, she heard voices outside the bedroom door, two people having a heated conversation.

"She won't want to see you," Mi-Young heard Doojoon argue.

She climbed of bed warily, and cliked open the bedroom door, causing Doojoon's head to shoot round and eyes widen.

"What's going on out here?" Mi-Young asked after seeing Doojoon's tense expression. Her gaze soon moved towards the other figure in the room.

"What the hell are you doing Eun-Bi?" A furious and hurt Mi-Young asked her sister.

"I just thought you'd like to get some lunch."

Mi-Young softened at Eun-Bi's request, hoping she had come to apologise for everything. Doojoon stood there awkwardly while the two sister's talked.

"I've tried ringing you but it goes straight to voicemail."

"I got a new number," said Mi-Young, bluntly.

"What's with the attitude Mi-Young?"

"Excuse me?" Mi-Young furrowed her eyebrows at Eun-Bi's comment.

"You're acting like a teenager," Eun-Bi played stupid.

"And you're acting like you've done nothing wrong! You don't understand Eun-Bi, the moment you slept with my husband, you became nothing to me," replied Mi-Young as sadness consumed her.

Eun-Bi stood there unfazed by Mi-Young's tone. "Now I can see why Yoochun wanted me instead of you," Eun-Bi smirked.

*SLAP* Mi-Young's hand came in contact with Eun-Bi's cheek.

"You get the hell out of this house. I never want to see your face in front of me ever again, is that clear?" Mi-Young threatened shakily, with tears flowing from her eyes.

"Crystal clear," Eun-Bi sarcastically commented.

"I suggest you leave," Doojoon added in a stern voice, walking next to Mi-Young and wrapping around her quivering shoulders.

Eun-Bi stormed out of the apartment, slamming the door behind her with a loud bang.

Doojoon rubbed Mi-Young shoulders up and down with both hands and drew her tembling body into a tight embrace, with Mi-Young sobbing gently into his chest. *Why do I cry so much in front of him? I look pathetic.*

That evening, Mi-Young and Doojoon sat down in front of a movie with a bottle of red wine to share between them. Mi-Young was comfortable in her sleepwear while Doojoon wore sweat pants and a plain white tee. He laid on the sofa with Mi-young positioned in between his legs as the two of them watched the new episode of 'The Moon That Embraces the Sun.'

Just as the two of them were getting into the tv programme, Mi-Young received a text on her phone, which was on the coffee table. She leaned forward to pick up her phone and opened the message whilst taking a sip of her wine.

I want to say sorry for everything I did/said to you last night at Hudson. I was way out of order.
I hope you can forgive you, not just for this but for everything. Yoochun x

Mi-Young read the message and instantly began choking on her wine.

"What's wrong?" Doojoon asked, wondering who the message was from.

"Erm...n..nothing," she nervously said with an awkward giggle and placed her wine and phone back on the table. "Let's go to bed. I'm tired," Mi-Young off of Doojoon and began walking towards the bedroom. Once she realised Doojoon wasn't following her, she turn around and asked, "aren't you coming?"

Doojoon snapped out from his daze and looked at Mi-Young, "I'll be there in a minute." M-Young nodded and turned around to get ready for bed.

Doojoon glanced down at Mi-Young's phone, wondering who the text was from which she had reacted so strangely to. He pondered on the thought and soon curiousity got the better of him. He reached forward and grabbed Mi-Young's phone. His eyes automatically widened when he saw what it said and who it was from. So many questions were running through his mind. *Why is Yoochun still trying to contact her and what the hell happened last night at Hudson?*

He threw the phone back on the coffee table and also made his way into the bedroom. He watched Mi-Young intensely from the doorway, as she elegantly brushed her long wavy hair.

"Why the hell didn't you tell me you ran into Yoochun?" Doojoon accused, walking over to her with his hands in his pockets.

Mi-Young stayed silent before replying with a mutter, "You went through my phone?"

"Mi-Young, why didn't you tell me?" He repeated, raising his voice slightly.

"Because, I knew you'd react this way!" She stated harshly and stood up from her dressing table stool.

"I'm reacting this way because you didn't tell me!"

"What would be the point? Huh Doojoon? Why should you have to fix all my problems all the time? I've burdened you enough."

"Why do you act like I can't care about you? It's like you want me to watch you suffer! How do you think I feel? You're still married to Yoochun, Mi-Young. You're not the only one whose hurting ya know," Doojoon shouted.

"You think I don't know that?" Mi-Young shouted back with tears in her eyes, getting more and more confused about her feelings.

"I'm here trying to help you but instead you're pushing me away! Do you really want the attention that much?" he harshly commented, before realising what he had just said.

Mi-Young stood there stunned and hurt by Doojoon's last statement. *Attention? Is that what he really thinks I want?*

"You're turning out to be just like him," Mi-Young bitterly whispered. She held back her tears and nodded, deciding to sleep in the guest room that night.

"Mi-Young." Doojoon softly called after her, regretting what he had admitted.

He waited a few minutes before going to peek his head round the door of the guest bedroom. He quietly watched her as she sat on the bed, focusing on what appeared to be a photograph in her hands. She was looking at the photograph with sadness in her eyes. Mi-Young picked up her pen from the table and wrote something on the back of the photo. Doojoon couldn't help but feel guilty after what he had said to her.

Mi-Young gently kissed the photophraph and placed it in the table draw next to her bed. She snuggled down under the covers and rested her head on the pillow, drifting off to sleep.

Doojoon left the bedroom, curious as to who was in the photograph. He sat on the sofa with his elbows resting on his knees and his hands clenching his head. He waited 10 minutes until he was sure Mi-Young had fallen asleep before he approached the guest bedroom once again. He slowly, carefully walked up to the bed where Mi-Young was sleeping peacefully, with slightly open.

He brushed her bangs away from her face and lightly kissed her soft lips with his, feeling her steady breath against his skin.

Doojoon quietly opened the draw, without hesitation, and pulled out the photograph. His heart dropped when he saw who was in the picture. He closed the draw and walked out of the bedroom, shutting the door behind him.

The following morning, Mi-Young woke up with a groan and dragged her tired body into the kitchen. Doojoon was at the coffee machine.

"Hey..." Mi-Young warily greeted.

Doojoon turned around with a cold look on his face.

She walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his muscular waist. He grabbed her hands and gently pulled them off him.

Mi-Young frowned. "Why are you acting so hostile?"

"Is this how you really feel?" Doojoon reached into his back pocket and pulled out the photograph which he took from Mi-Young's bedside table.

"Where did you get that?" Mi-Young attempted to snatch it back but Doojoon held it higher.

"Stop avoiding the question. Is this how you truely feel Mi-Young?" he flipped round the photograph and revealed the note Mi-Young had written on the back.

I can never forget you Park Yoochun. I will forever love you.

Mi-Young turned her head away, not knowing what to say to Doojoon who was standing in front of her, looking hurt. Mi-Young knew she couldn't run away this time. She had to face the facts.

"Mi-Young. Answer me," Doojoon demanded.

"Fine! I can't get him out of my head!" Mi-Young cried, "I try everything to forget him but I can't! I'm sorry. I love him."

Doojoon softened with sadness as he watched Mi-Young break down with tears. He knew Mi-Young's confession was the end for them. He could never be Mi-Young's. However hurt he felt at that moment, the only thing he wanted was for his best friend to be happy.

"I'm sorry, " she sobbed with her face buried in her hands. Doojoon pulled Mi-Young in and embraced her petite body in his and her head in a comforting way. He pulled away and bent down to her level.

"I need to go and make a phone call quickly. Wait here and I'll be back in a few minutes."

Mi-Young replied with a confused nod and wiped her tears away.
Doojoon hurried into the bed room and shut the door. He picked up his phone and dialled a number he thought he would never need to dial.

"Hello?" a depressed voice on the other end of the phone answered.

"Yoochun. It's Doojoon."

"What the hell do you want?"

"Listen to me. Meet me at Incheon beach in 2 hours."

"Why should I?"

"I'm giving you a chance to win Mi-Young back."

"What's the point? I sent the divorce papers off today."

Doojoon was getting more and more frustration by Yoochun's attitude. "Do you love her or not Yoochun? Because if Mi-Young didn't still love you I would've never let her see you again. Just stop questioning me and do what I told you."

"Fine," Yoochun finally agreed, "can I just ask why your doing this? I thought you hated me."

"I still hate you. I'd prefer to see you rot but Mi-Young loves you and I love Mi-Young. So, all I want is for her to be happy with the person she loves, the person she wants." Doojoon hung up and walked back into the kitchen where Mi-Young was waiting.

"Is everything okay...?" She asked, concerned as to why Doojoon had rushed away.

"Everything's fine," he replied with a soft, caring smile. "I need you to go and change and meet me back here in 10 minutes."

 

--------------------

Sorry for not updating in like a week, I feel bad.

Next chapter is the last chapter :(

Nevermind, check out my new fanfic with Xiah Junsu! My Immortal

Btw, are any of you watching Rooftop Prince, it's amazing!!! OMG Yoochun, i really can't get over how gorgeous he is. And Han Ji Min is so pretty ^^