Chapter 28

Forever As One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7P2noPRsHk

 

The following morning, Mi-Young woke up to the sound of clattering outside the tent. She groaned and rolled over into the empty space next to her.

*Does he really have to make so much noise so early in the morning?* She moaned to herself and ped the tent opening. She poked her head and squinted at the bright sun directly shining into her eyes. As soon as Doojoon heard the rustling of Mi-Young climbing out of the tent his face lit up with happiness, "Perfect. Just in time for a quick lunch," he said whilst serving Mi-Young some green tea from a flask and handing her a chocopie.

"What's this?" Mi-Young asked with a puzzled look.

"Chocopie."

"For breakfast?"

"No, for lunch. It's nearly 1 o'clock. It's all the shop sold down the lane alright? You should be grateful I went to so much trouble."

"What? Why didn't you wake me up earlier? You said we had to leave early..." Mi-Young scolded Doojoon.

"I know but you looked so peaceful, I didn't want to wake you. You must've been exhausted," Doojoon kindly said.

Mi-Young smiled thankfully and began to much on the chocopie Doojoon had given her, "so when do we leave?" she asked, sitting on a rock watching Doojoon.

"As soon as you get ready," he replied whilst beginning to pack up the tent. Mi-Young squeeled and jumped up with excitement, grabbed her bag and went to change into something suitable for the day. http://cache.net-a-porter.com/images/products/193844/193844_ou_l.jpg

Once Doojoon had cleared everything away and taken the tent back to the elderly couple, he and Mi-Young set off on the remaining walk to the guesthouse where they would spend their last night in Danyang.

"Can we slow down? It's boiling...and I think I have blisters..." Mi-Young complained, rubbing her feet, as they walked up the hot dry road leading towards the guesthouse, "Doojoon!" she whined.

"What?" Doojoon turned around and sighed with frustration due to Mi-Young's slow walking.

"I have blisters on my foot," she repeated with a sad pout, hoping for some sympathy.

"You shouldn't have worn those stupid sandals then," he snapped back. When he saw Mi-Young's sad expression, he sighed, rolled his eyes and gave in. Doojoon walked up to her and sat her down on the grass edge, "come here," he said and pulling her feet closer to him after he sat down also.

As Doojoon carefully unbuckled her sandals Mi-Young looked at him with admiration and gazed at his chiselled features while he concentrated on taking off her sandals. The silence between wasn't awkward at all, it was that type of silence where no-one had to say anything and still there wouldn't be any tension in the air. Doojoon tenderly blew on her blister and gently applied a plaster on it he had pulled out of his bag.

His fingers lightly ran over the plaster and his mind started running else where. *It hurts just to be with her for even a short while. She's my best friend. I knew her before she met Yoochun. Doesn't that mean I have the right to make her mine?* As his thoughts consumed him, he realised he had now moved his hand slightly up her leg, feeling her soft skin beneath his touch.

As he came back to his senses, he nervously coughed and pulled away his hand and stood up grabbing the bags, walking ahead like before. *What the hell just happened?* Mi-Young thought as she realised that she hadn't pulled away from the moment Doojoon started to his hand up her leg, sending a feeling of lust through her body.

The two of them carried on walking for 20 minutes, not saying a word to eachother, until Doojoon stopped in front of a basic hanok, with cherry blossom trees either side of the pathway leading up towards the front entrance.

"I'm pretty sure this is it. I mean it does look the only 5* guesthouse in this village," he stated whilst comparing the picture of guesthouse in the brochure to the view they were presently looking at. With that, a middle-aged woman, wearing a traditional red hanbok, met them at the bottom of the path with a bow and a welcoming smile.

"Good afternoon and welcome to Beewon Guesthouse. Can I take your bags for you sir?" the lady asked wanting to help the arriving guests.

"No don't worry about that. It's fine, they're not heavy," Doojoon replied and followed the lady into the guesthouse lobby. The lobby was covered with the highest quality marble and soft furnishings. Doojoon approached the reception leaving Mi-Young to explore the lobby, "good afternoon, I have a reservation for this evening, just for one night," he said, getting out the reservation email from his holdall bag.

"And the name is sir?" the receptionist asked with a happy tone.

"Mr Yoon."

"Yes. Mr Yoon, your twin room is ready if you would like me to show it to you?" she said with flirtatious smile.

"That'd be great, thanks," he replied, "Hey! Mi-Young!" Doojoon called across the lobby, "this kind lady is going to show us to our room."

Mi-Young reluctantly walked over towards the receptionist and Doojoon and followed quietly behind them as they walked to the room which was situated in small building across the japanese-style garden. http://homeinsides.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/traditional-japanese-home-design.jpg

"Will you and Mrs Yoon prefer wish to have dinner in the award-winning KAYA grill restaurant tonight?" the attractive woman asked Doojoon, touching his arm in a flirty way, whilst not paying any attention to Mi-Young, who was looking at the view from their room.

"Oh, we're not married but we would like a table for about 8 o'clock?" Doojoon corrected.

"Very well Mr Yoon. Here is a map of the hotel grounds, where there are various activities to do. Also, just to remind you that check out tomorrow is 10 o'clock. I will leave you to make yourself comfortable but do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries," the hotel lady bowed and left the room, leaving Mi-Young and Doojoon alone.

"So...this is nice huh?" he said turning to Mi-Young, who was beginning to unpack on the floor, but got no reply.

"Yah, Mi-Young," Doojoon added as he walked over to Mi-Young and made her stand up, "why are you ignoring me?"

"Could she make it any more obvious?" Mi-Young scoffed.

Doojoon's puzzled look made Mi-Young understand  that he didn't see the problem, "I don't understand what's wrong here...care to explain?" he remarked confused by her sudden outburst of jealousy.

Mi-Young realised that she acting like a jealous girlfriend, and that was someone she definitely didn't want to act like, seeing as she was his girlfriend at all. "Nevermind, forget I said anything. How about we go and make use of the spa while we're here?" she asked trying to change the subject of what had happened a minute ago.

"Sure," agreed a perplexed Doojoon.

Ten minutes later, Mi-Young came out of the bathroom, in a y black bikini and met with Doojoon who was wearing a classic pair of navy blue swimming shorts. The two of them made their way to the spa area where men and women had to seperate.

"So I'll see you back here in 2 hours?" Mi-Young confirmed.

"You got it," Doojoon agreed with a genuine smile and they both walked into their spa areas, which were complete with swimming pool, sauna, jacuzzi,steam room and treatment rooms ready for massages and facials.

After they had both spent 2 hours relaxing in the hotel's spa facitlies they met up and made their way back to the room.

"So how was your massage?" Doojoon asked, having booked a surprise massage for Mi-Young.

She replied with a grateful smile and said, "it was idyllic. Thank you so much."

Once they reached their room Doojoon brought it in a bottle of champagne. He opened it with a bang and poured Mi-Young a glass.

"Wow...what's all this for?" she asked shocked by his gesture.

"Nothing, I just wanted to thank you for letting me into your life again. I can't believe I was such a fool to have left you."

She gave a warm smile in response, "Cheers," holding up her glass to Doojoon.

"Cheers," he clinked their glasses together and took a long sip. As the time was soon approaching 8 o'clock, they headed across to the hotel restaurant. Mi-Young wore an elegant outfit complete with designer jewellery and perfectly straightened hair. http://cache.net-a-porter.com/images/products/179333/179333_ou_l.jpg and Doojoon wore a smart shirt and trousers.

"What can I get you to drink?" the handsome waiter asked with a pen and note-pad in his hand.

"I'd like a malibu and coke please."

"And I'll have a beer please. Also, can we get a bottle of your finest white wine for our meal."

"Of course sir. Are you ready to order your main course?"

"I think so. We'd like the seafood grill option and also the beef grill option with 2 bibimbaps." Doojoon took order and handed the menus to the waiter.

"This place is really nice. I'm glad we decided to eat her," Mi-Young smiled and looked at the lovey-dovey couples who were all over eachother in the restaurant.

Mi-Young and Doojoon enjoyed a delicious meal with lots of alcohol and chatting like old times. The waiter moved there drinks to a small metal table by edge of the outdoor swimming where they could see the clear starry night sky, like a canapy of diamonds. The candle that was lit in the middle of the table set the romantic mood. 

After more spirits and alcohol, Mi-Young and Doojoon both became more and more tipsy. "Oh my god yes! I remember that time when you climbed up that tree to get the football but refused to come down because you were scared!" Doojoon laughed at the memory.

"Yah! it was really high and why didn't you go up there and get it if you were such a touch guy!" Mi-Young argued back with a laugh. Doojoon stopped laughing and looked at Mi-Young with affection as he had the urge to touch her delicate soft skin and devour her lips.

"You look gorgeous tonight by the way," admitted Doojoon, who couldn't take his eyes of Mi-Young's big brown engulfing eyes. He reached out and caressed her hand in his, wrapping his fingers around hers. Mi-Young looked at their hands touching together but couldn't bring herself to pull away.

"Mi-Young I..."

"I know. I heard you last night, talking to that couple. I know." Mi-Young interrupted, admitting she knew he liked her.

"Then...what do you feel about that?" Doojoon took the courage to ask even though he was terrified inside and knew he shouldn't have put the question on Mi-Young.

Mi-Young looked into Doojoon's eyes with sadness and pulled her hand away. She abruptly stood up and walked over the edge of the lit swimming pool.

"Mi-Young..." Doojoon called lightly and walked over to her. He got hold of her shoulders and turned her away so she was facing him. "Mi-Young," he repeated in a stern tone.

"I can't do this." She replied bluntly not looking into Doojoon's eyes, who was intensely staring at her.

"Can't do what?"

"Us! I can't do this! This thing between us can't happen! Mi-Young sobbed with tears running down her face, smudging her mascara.

"Hey hey hey, it's alright," Doojoon comforted wiping her tears away with his thumb.

"No! It's not alright. I'm married and I'm here with, you, the guy I've loved ever since my 13th Birthday party!" she cried convulsively, not able to stop the tears as she knew how much Doojoon meant to her. She paused, "I'm sorry. I'll see you back in the room," she turned to leave and walked away with her head down.

Mi-Young was stepping out her her lilac dress, revealing her lace lingerie, http://cache.net-a-porter.com/images/products/178288/178288_fr_l.jpg, when the door clicked open and in entered a solemn-looking Doojoon who had the undone the top 3 buttons of his shirt. He walked over boldly, cupped Mi-Young's head and stared intently into her eyes with lust as he other hand glided down Mi-Young's slender, .

"Doojoon...we shouldn't be doing this..." Mi-Young whispered softly.

"I don't want to lose you again. One time was harder enough, I won't let it happen a second time.." Doojoon replied in a stern voice with his lips gently grazed Mi-Young's collarbone.

"But Yoochun..." she questioned worryingly.

"What about Yoochun!?" Doojoon replied slightly raising his voice and pulling away from her. Mi-Young knew he got like this when it came to standing up to something he felt strongly about, "After all he's done to you, you're still sticking up for him!? Unbelievable MiMi..."

"Why are you being like this?" Tears beginning to form in Mi-Young's eyes again.

"Because I happen to think you deserve a lot better than that bastard!"

That night, nothing happened between the two of them except Mi-Young just lay in Doojoon's arms as he wrapped them around her nearly body, the contours of her sleeping figure.

*I could die happy today, having known what it feels like to have your body in my arms.*