Chapter 30

Forever As One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuChiHH2Z0E&feature=channel

 

Yoochun threw the keys to the valet guy who was waiting to park their car. He took Mi-Young's hand and held it making Mi-Young wince from his tight grip.

"Ow! That hurts. Yoochun?" Mi-Young shook his arms as he wasn't taking any notice of her.

"Huh?" he replied dazed.

"Yoochun, are you okay? You seem nervous?" said Mi-Young, stopping him and placing her hand on his cheek, outside of the 5* Lotte Hotel 

"I'm sorry, I'm just a bit apprehensive about this evening," Yoochun gulped.

"Well don't be. it's only a dinner and I'll be with you the whole time," she tenderly planted a lips on his lips and gave him a comforting smile.

This time, Yoochun softly held Mi-Young's hand and led her into the large crystal ballroom where the dinner was being held at the Lotte Hotel.

Company employees and couples were mingling with champagne and wine in their hands talking about their businesses and finances, making Mi-Young automatically feel out of place. As the married couple walked through the talking guests, on their way to get a drink, men checked out Mi-Young and women scowled with envy at how elegant and 'goddess-like' she looked in her long lace gown.

Once they reached the bar, Yoochun asked for 2 glasses of champagne and handed one to Mi-Young. Suddenly, Yoochun heard a voice he dispised to hear.

"Mi-Young! What a pleasent surprise..." Eun-Bi forcefully said with a fake smile.

"Eun-Bi!" Mi-Young hugged her sister happily, having not seen her for so long, "it's so nice that you're here!"

Yoochun's relaxed smile had drastically changed to a bitter glare focusing on Eun-Bi.

"Yoochun didn't tell me you were coming..." confessed Eun-Bi who was looking to start trouble, "I guess he wants to share his happiness after his promotion and the business deal he just signed."

A confused Mi-Young looked at Yoochun who was dreading what Eun-Bi would say next.

"How about I introduce you to the CEO, he's looking forward to meeting you," he started to turn away hoping Mi-Young would follow.

"What business deal? What promotion?" she questioned, looking at Yoochun with expecting eyes, feeling slightly hurt he didn't mention it to her.

Yoochun's eyes hifted nervously and pulled Mi-Young away to talk to her in private without Eun-Bi interrupting. Mi-Young looked at Yoochun, waiting for him to explain to her about the kind of deal he signed. As the two talked, Eun-Bi glared at them from the bar and couldn't help but feel jealous and angry.

"That's why we're here tonight, to celebrate the joining of mine and Eun-Bi's companies to launch a new nightclub in Hongdae," Yoochun admitted with a sad tone in his voice.

"That's great! Now I get to see my husband and sister both at the same time!" she genuinely responded, "but why didn't you tell me?"

*It may be over with Eun-Bi but why do I feel like she won't give up that easily?* he thought worringly. "I just didn't want you to find out from your sister. I wanted you to hear it from me but there was never a right time. Sorry."

"Darling, don't be sorry. I'm really happy for you. Now, how about you introduce to your boss?" Mi-Young smiled affectionately and held his hand warmly.

Yoochun led Mi-Young to a plumb man in an expensive looking suit with a young, slim lady standing next to him. The man had various important men around him looking interested in what he had to say. Yoochun gently placed his hand on the CEO's back and said, "Mr Shin, I'd like you to meet my wife, Park Mi-Young."

"It's very nice to meet you sir," Mi-Young stated with a polite bow.

"Wow. You didn't tell me she was so gorgeous," Mr Shin turned to Yoochun causing Mi-young to blush at his comment.

"Come over here and let me get you another glass of the finest champagne," Mr Shin said and guided Mi-Young towards the bar. She looked back at Yoochun, who was standing around with the others, who was smiling brightly at Mi-Young's attempt to get along with his boss.

"If you'll excuse me..." Yoochun told the other guests, who were originally talking to mr Shin, and left to go to the toilet. He left the room and heaed towards the deserted marble lobby where the toilets were located.

He casually walked out of the gents after he had finished, deciding to go and save Mi-Young from his boss, knowing he never shuts up.

"That was a nice pair of earrings you got Mi-Young. How much are they worth? 80,000 won?" a manupulative voice asked from behind.

Yoochun knew that voice anywhere but he still turned around anyway to see Eun-Bi leaning against the marble wall with a sulky expression on her face, dressed as if she were going clubbing. http://cache.net-a-porter.com/images/products/190302/190302_ou_l.jpg

"What do you want Eun-Bi?" a frustrasted and impatient Yoochun asked.

Eun-Bi pushed herself off the wall and deviously walked over to Yoochun who hand his hands in his suit pockets. She pulled him into a small corridor by his suit jacket, where she pushed him gently against the wall and leaning in close to him, with Yoochun being able to smell her strong and overpowering Chanel no.5 perfume, "I think you know what I want," she seductively whispered and Yoochun's cheek and slowly ran a finger across his lips. "Why don't we go and find an empty room in this luxurious hotel 

He turned his head away and threw Eun-Bi's hands off him. "This is over. I don't need you anymore. The company's doing better than ever thanks to this new club project so I expect you not to come to my office from now on. You got that?" harshly said Yoochun.

"Actually, I think I'll be seeing you a lot more seeing as you've been promoted to the position where everything has to run smoothly and I think Mr Shin will be very disappointed in you if you this project up," Eun-Bi threatened with a sly smile whilst running her hands over his chest.

*She has a point.* Yoochun thought. "You have to stop this. You're acting like a ing psycho! Yes we slept together more than a few times but all of it was a mistake! Now, if you'd just let me get on with my life!" Yoochun raised his voice slightly and grabbed Eun-Bi's shoulders. He let go roughly and walked away towards the ballroom.

Eun-Bi stood there humilated and furious by Yoochun's harsh words. Suddenly, the sound of shuffling feet caused Eun-Bi to turn around but to her assurance there was no-one in sight. She let out an annoyed sigh from being so angry at Yoochun and marched back into the ballroom with purpose.

As Yoochun entered the ballroom, he spotted Mi-Young was quietly sitting at one of the round dinner tables alone, taking small sips from her champagne. He wandered over to her and slipped his arm over her shoulders and sat next to her.

"You okay? I thought you were talking to Mr Shin?" he asked.

"I was but he had to go and talk to the manager of the resource department. He seems like a nice man though," she replied sweetly with a smile.

"Yeah, he's a good guy," Yoochun agreed and with that, the annoucement for dinner was said making everybody find their correct places to dinner.

After a delicious three-course meal of soup, beef fillet and creme brulee, it was time for the presentation and talk of the evening, the moment everyone had been looking forward to.

"Good evening everyone. I'm Mr Shin and I want to thank you for all being here tonight," Mr Shin thanked whilst standing on the presentation stage at a podium signalling a round of applause, "It is great pleasure for me to annouce the new project, of which Kim Eun-Bi of the Doosan Group and our very own Park Yoochun, who have been working together to put together this amazing idea and turned it into a reality. So here to give you the presentation of the new project, I welcome Park Yoochun, our new finance officer!"

Yoochun stood up at the sound of everyone clapping, gave Mi-Young a peck on the cheek and made his way up on stage to be congratulated by Mr Shin. After 30 minutes, Yoochun completed his presentation and bowed to the 200 applauding guests who were seated at their tables.

"Thank you Yoochun," Mr Shin said, "I'd also like to thank the entire finance team, Yoon Doojoon for the excellent promotion photographs and also the Doosan Group's events planning team for making tonight happen. Enjoy the rest of your evening, thank you everyone." Mr Shin bowed and left the podium allowing everyone to go back talking with the guests on their tables.

"Doojoon's here?" Mi-Young asked Yoochun, looking around to try and spot her best friend. She finally saw him by the bar with Eun-Bi, much to her surprise but stopped smiling once she saw how angry Doojoon looked.

-------------

Sorry for the errors and the boring chapter. Just a quick update! ^^