Chapter 11

Forever As One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxfkWTzSzmw&feature=fvst

 

"Come on. let's go!" Yoochun shouted from the hallway waiting for Mi-Young so they could leave for the party.

Mi-Young was wearing a little white dress with a clutch bag and a pair of high heel Jimmy Choos, http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwzctqhUDN1qf9n0do1_500.png, and made her way towards Yoochun who was waiting impatiently with a bottle of wine and a couple of bottles of soju to take to the party.

"Mi-Young if you don't hurry up I'm leaving without you!" He called.

"I'm coming. 2 seconds!" She replied back and with that, she picked up her black clutch bag, switched off the bedroom lights and walked out to meet with Yoochun.

"Seriously why do you take so long to get ready?" He asked in a demanding tone while they both hurried out the door.

Mi-Young was dreading this party more than anything. What would happen when Yoochun finally meets Doojoon? But the one question which was in Mi-Young's mind all evening was, how will Doojoon react to her being married? *I guess tonight I'll find out.*

Soon enough, the two of them arrived in front of a modern looking apartment complex.

"You can get out here and I'll go and park the car." Yoochun told Mi-Young.

"I'll wait for you just inside the lobby." She replied to Yoochun with a soft voice and carefully got out of the car and walked into the luxurious marble lobby and took a seat on the cream striped chais longue and saw a few couples outside smoking with the men in smart attire and the women y dresses, showing that they were also he. Mi-Young's hands started to become clammy just with the thought of meeting Doojoon again with Yoochun by her side. *Maybe I won't even introduce them and not say anything. Maybe I can run away and avoid the party all together. Ahh Umma, Appa, what do I do?* She thought whilst looking up towards the ceiling.

"What are you doing?" Yoochun said giving Mi-Young a curious look which surprised her, "Shall we make our way up? We're already late enough as it is." Grabbing Mi-Young hand and pulling her in the elevator.

"What number is his apartment?" Yoochun asked whilst looking at each of the numbers on the apartment doors.

Mi-Young got our the invitation from her clutch bag and replied, "403."

When the both of them arrived at apartment number 403, Yoochun strongly knocked on the door so the guests could hear it over the music which was coming from his apartment. *I guest it will be now or never.* Straight away a random man opened the door who Mi-Young had never seen before and she starting thinking if they were at the right place.

"Hi. You must be Doojoon." Yoochun Grabbing the man's hand to shake it.

"I'm not Doojoon but this is Doojoon's party, he's just busy with other guests right now. Come in. Go in the kitchen and grab a drink." The man said whilst shutting the door and pointing in the direction of where the kitchen was located and walked back to his group of friends who were busy chatting on the big leather sofas.

Mi-Young started panning the gorgeous apartment of Doojoon's which had a huge balcony overlooking the Han River where guests were mingling outside with glasses of wine and bottles of beer in their hands.

"What do you want to want to drink?" Yoochun asked her as he lead her towards the kitchen.

"A glass of wine is fine." She replied with distant voice. Yoochun poured her a glass of white wine and handed it to her and also got a bottle of soju and a couple of shot glasses for himself and the other guests.

For most of the evening, Yoochun talked and drank a lot with the other guests, who he recognised from his company, and left Mi-Young to do her own thing. She sat quietly next to him not saying a word all night and just downing the soju when everyone else took a shot, feeling incredibly uncomfortable as Yoochun hadn't even introduced her to anyone. Mi-Young spotted Eun-Bi arrive late after about 2 hours and she then made her way to say hello; however, Mi-Young didn't stay talking to her long as she was with her 'boyfriend of the week' and didn't want to interrupt and decided to go and sit back next to Yoochun, as she was walking back over she realised a gorgeous, model-like lady had sat next to him and they were laughing closely together.

"I'm going to go and find the toilet." Mi-Young whispered in Yoochun's ear from behind his chair. However, just gave her a quick look and went back to drinking with the others.

Mi-Young stumbled causiously to the toilet and knocked on the door to see if anyone was in there. It was empty, so she staggered into the toilet, knowing she had drunk too much, and fixed her make-up and neatened her hair a little. *What the hell am I doing here? What was I expecting from Doojoon this evening? I haven't even seen him and Yoochun hasn't spoken to me at all.* She thought as tears started to form in her eyes. *Oh god. Not more tears. Why Am I so pathetic?* 

Knock knock knock.

The sudden knock on the toilet door startled Mi-Young and she shakily spoke up, "Ju...just a minute." She quickly wiped the tears away from her eyes and opened the door and accidently hitting the person who was behind the door.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I didn't see..." Just as she looked up she realised who she had hit, "Doo...Doojoon..."

Doojoon took a moment to try and read Mi-Young's expression on her face but the both of them just searched eachother's faces for a moment before Doojoon finally spoke, "I didn't think you'd come."

Mi-Young was still speechless, she didn't have an angry look on her face but a vulnerable and weak expression, "Well I'm here." She choked out.

"Are you okay...? Were you crying in there...?" He added.

Mi-Young avoided the question and said, "Why did you leave me?" with tears forming in her eyes again, "I waited for you that day but you never showed."

Doojoon carefully thought about what to say and was about tell her before they were interrupted.

"Excuse me Mi-Young is it? Sorry to interrupt you but Miss, was that your husband who was wearing the pale blue shirt? He just left, I thought I'd tell you," and the stranger turned and walked away.

So many things were going through Mi-Young's mind that she panicked and couldn't even look at Doojoon and suddenly turned away to leave but Doojoon grabbed her hand, not allowing her to run.

"What does he mean by 'husband'?" Doojoon asked with a confused expression trying to work out the whole situation. *Is Mi-Young married?*

"I have to go." She gave a slight bow, pulled away from Doojoon's grip and rushed out of his apartment in search for her only ride home with Yoochun. *! Where the hell is he?* She rang his phone more than 8 times but there was still no answer. Now tears were streaming from her delicate face and running her mascara. When she had realised he had left without her, she slumped onto the edge of the pavement and rested her head on her knees and praying she would wake up from this horribly dream.

The feel of a warm jacket caused her to bolt up and turn around. As she turned around she saw Doojoon's worried face looking down at her. He carefully perched next to her and put an arm around her shoulder.

"I...I wanted to tell you but," She said distressed but Doojoon cut in.

"We can talk about it another time. Come on, I'll give you a ride home." He said whilst standing up and holding out a warm hand.

Mi-Young didn't say anything and just quietly followed his wishes. In the car, on the way back to Mi-Young's apartment, no-one spoke but there was a comfortable silence which confused Mi-Young as the two of them hadn't been this close to eachother in nearly 7 years. The car stopped in front of her building and Doojoon waited for her to depart safely.

"Umm...thanks for the lift home." Mi-Young said still sounding upset.

"Do something with me tomorrow." Doojoon insisted, not giving Mi-Young a choice.

She  replied with just a slight slow nod and shut the car door and made her way into the expensive looking building.

*How can he make her cry like that?* Doojoon thought and speedily drove off in his red Porsche Carrera GT into the dark night.

 

 

Thank you so much to miseukey for the lovely poster!