Chapter 4

Forever As One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxjFInukNLw

 

Mi-Young realised he wasn't going to come back to take her home, so she started to make her way out of the restaurant. Even though she had enough money on her to get the subway home, she felt like she needed to clear her mind so she chose to walk home. So she set off on her 1 hour 20 minute walk home just as it was getting dark. What upset her was that Yoochun didn't even call or text once to see if she was okay, not that she expected anything from him. *Does he really not care about me at all?*

She walked along the Han river trying to figure out why he's changed to how he is. The only two reasons Mi-Young could come up with, for him acting so cold towards her, was either he was so busy and stressed at work he really didn't have any-time to spend with her or the other reason, which Mi-Young deep down she knew was starting to happen, he was starting to fall out of love with her and would soon want to get rid of her all together and that maybe he's already found someone else who is a lot more ier, prettier and more fun to be around than her. Tears started to fall from her eyes and before she knew it, she was sitting on a bench overlooking the river sobbing her eyes out. *Why am I so pathetic to cry over a man?* However, he wasn't just a man, he was her man, her husband. She felt as if he was slowly letting go of this marriage they had built together for the past 3 years.

 

Flashback

 

"Can I open my eyes yet?" Mi-Young impatiently asked.

"Not yet. Hold on 2 seconds." Yoochun replied as he laid out a black on the sand and pulled out various types of Mi-Young's favourite foods out of the picnic basket, "Okay...you can open them," he said as soon as he finished.

Mi-Young opened her eyes to see a beautiful picnic laid out on a blanket at the beach just as the sun was setting, "You did all of this?" she asked feeling touched. The two of them had been dating a couple of months but she wasn't his girlfriend so she thought why did he do it.

"Here. Sit down and have a chocolate covered strawberry." Yoochun motioned as he got a strawberry out of a container.

"Yoochun, this is so sweet. Thank you so much." she said whilst giving him a cute peck on the cheek.

Yoochun could tell Mi-Young needed cheering up as it was near to the anniversary of her parent's death and he thought he would do something special for her, "How was school?" he asked genuinely interested.

"It was alright I guess. I just studied in the library." She replied not really focusing on his question but more on the yummy foods.

"You didn't see any of your friends today?"

"I don't really have a lot of friends at school anymore." Mi-Young said still concentrating on the food.

"What do you mean 'anymore?" Yoochun asked concerned which made Mi-Young stop what she was doing and she turned to face Yoochun.

"Well, I had one friend who I thought I would be friends with forever. We did everything together, go to the movies, go shopping, stay up late and eat junk food. One day, I went to their house as we made plans to go to Lotte World in the city but their mum told me that they left to go and pursue photography in Busan. I felt betrayed that they didn't even say goodbye." Mi-Young answered bitterly with a hint of sadness and hurt in her reply.

"Maybe they didn't want to see you cry. I know I hate seeing you cry. You're far more beautiful when you smile."

Mi-Young wiped the tears from her eyes and let out a small giggle.

"I promise I'll never stop loving you, if you let me." Yoochun suddenly admitted which caught Mi-Young's attention, "will you be my girlfriend?"

 

End of flashback

 

"Are you okay darling?" a gentle voice asked.

This brought Mi-Young out of her daze her head shot up and see a elderly couple looking concerned.

"You really shouldn't be out at this time, it's getting late and you look freezing." The elderly man said with a touching voice.

That's when Mi-Young suddenly realised the time and that she had no cardigan or jacket, she had been too absorbed in her thoughts and completely forgot that she had to walk home. "I'm fine. Thank you for your concern." Mi-Young replied with an assuring, angelic smile and the man and woman walked off. *It's still another 40 minute walk home, I best get going.*

Mi-Young arrived home at 9:30pm and buzzed the door to be let in by Yoochun. Even though she had her keys on her to get in the main building, she thought she would see if Yoochun was there or not first. There was no answer. *Phew. Maybe he's gone out with the guys. I need some space for a bit.* So she made her way up in the elevator. As it was a modern apartment, she just entered a passcode and clicked open the door. The house was quiet and still. Mi-Young felt relieved that there was no-one home, until she soon saw Yoochun's sleeping body spread across the sofa with his laptop resting on his lap. *He must be really tired. Well he didn't have to walk home from Myeongdong.* She bitterly thought.

She knew she had to face him sometime but now wasn't the right time, she hadn't forgiven him from earlier so she thought it was best just to avoid him at this moment. As quietly as she could, she carefully picked up his laptop, closed it and gently placed it on the white and glass coffee table.

"What are you doing?" said an accusing voice slowly waking from his sleep.

Mi-Young stumbled and tripped over her feet and landed on the rug next to the coffee table in shock. ** she thought as she could feel bruises forming on the knees. Yoochun rolled his eyes as he knew how clumsy she could be.

"Umm...nothing. I just got home." Mi-Young whilst getting back on her feet and brushing off her legs.

"What took you so long to get back?" he said casually getting up from the sofa.

"Well if you hadn't of left me stranded in Myeongdong, I wouldn't have had to walk home! What the hell is wrong with you!?" Mi-Young shouted angrily. Mi-Young never usually raised her voice but Yoochun deserved it.

"It's good to do something yourself for once instead of always depending on others. I'm sure they get tired of it as much as I do." Exclaimed Yoochun whilst sitting back down and switching on the plasma TV flicking from channel to channel.

"Is that how you really feel? Am I really that much of a burden to you?" Mi-Young felt so hurt to the point where she couldn't even cry, instead she just turned away, grabbed her shopping bags and made her way to the bedroom. She changed into a pair of comfortable yoga shorts and a tank top and just laid on her bed replaying what had just happened. She just wanted to have a decent conversation with her husband whom she loved and cared about but it seemed he doesn't feel the same. *Am I really that much of a burden? Sure, I hate being alone and love the company but isn't a husband supposed to want to spend time with his wife? Maybe he really doesn't love me anymore.* Mi-Young considered.

For once, Yoochun realised he had said the wrong thing. He thought someone had to tell her, but perhaps his approach wasn't the correct way. He made his way to the kitchen and decided to quickly cook her something. *Hmm, what shall I make? What food does she like? I don't even know anymore.*

20 minutes later, Yoochun gently knocked on the bedroom door. "Hey? I brought you some green curry."

Mi-Young slowly stood up by the bed and said bluntly, "Thanks but I can't eat that."

"Why not? What's wrong with it?" Yoochun asked sounding hurt and slightly angry.

"I'm allergic to coconut and that means coconut milk. You know that."

All of a sudden, he threw the bowl of curry and rice on the floor, making the china bowl shatter into hundreds of pieces, "You selfish ! " Yoochun shouted, "and clean that crap off the floor!" he walked out slamming the bedroom door shut.

Mi-Young couldn't believe what she just saw. She fell helplessly onto her knees and curled into a ball and cried herself to sleep.